• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roogetrainer

Knowledgable Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
Started playing firered again (for like, the seventh time)

~get potion from p.c, choose a Bulbasuar (nicknamed it Larkspur)
~beat Kaz, head out to route 1
~get to Viridian City, go to pokemoncenter, head over to pokemart and get Oaks parcel
~head back to pallet town, talk to oak
~go to V.C and up to route 22, beat Kaz (again)
~go to pokecenter, walk out and head up to the old man. talk to him
~head to viridian forest, go through all trainers, Larkspur evolves
~go to Pewter City, defeat the gym trainer and Brock. Get 1400 and tm 39 for winning
~pokemon center and save
Items from journey? : 6 pokeballs (1 found, 5 given from prof. oak) town map (from garys sis) teachy tv (from old man) 5 potions, 1 antidote (found)

Pokemon
Larkspur (female)

Nature: Careful
Item: none

Moves:
tackle
poisonpowder
sleeppowder
vinewhip

Dahlia411

That Crazy Video Gamer Girl
Years
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Emerald. Which made it a really memorable game. I picked a Mudkip, and we went through the Gym Leaders--either hard or easy--and succeded. Eventually he evolved into a Swampert. He always attacked with surf!

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
Logging progress of pokemon fire red

August 8 2010 3:45pm eastern time zone

-Started Game
Player:Red
Rival:Blue

Choose Charmander named it Blaze, the death lizard as i called it owned blue's water turtle and left

-Me and blaze started our exciting journey by walking in some grass pwnd some n00b pidgys and rattata ,got parcel for Oak in Viridian and made way back to pallet town along the way pwning more n00bs
-Gave oak his parcel and received pokedex and prison balls
-made way back to Viridian catching a Pidgy who was not so n00by
and named him Ace
-trained Blaze and Ace to level 10
-got harassed by some old man who imprisoned an innocent weedle who will most likely be made into a smooth blend of coffee...poor thing
-I'm in Viridian forest where i had the pleasure to encounter a pikachu, caught said pikachu and named her Kara
-trained Kara to level 5 made a sandwich watched Gene Simmons family jewels and posted here

pokemon

Blaze(charmander) Lv.10

Ace(pidgy)Lv.10

Kara(pikichu)Lv.5

August 8 2010 6:30 pm eastern time zone

-Oh God after finally getting Kara to level 10(damn weedles with posing sting -rage-) we made it out of the hell of a forest to find ourselves in pewter city.

-Hoping to do some training i went east only to be forced against my will to the town gym
where and evil dictator known as Brock was forcing rock Pokemon to KILL no wonder i was brought here.not being able to handle the horrors he was committing we engaged in battle.

-Darn he trained his killer rocks well.i was defeated and while defenseless the man took 96$ from me i rushed my pokemon to be healed and went on a hard core training montage

*rocky music plays*

-i started with Ace seeing how he could be the only one useful ,after killing his own kind and rattata he grew in power to level 15 he has learned quick attack and should be of great help

-seeing Kara was useless here. i trained Blaze next.He has learned a fierce attack where his claw is somehow turned to metal than is raked against the foes flesh an awful yet powerful move.

-We go back to emperor Brock to try to free the city from his terrors we engage in battle and i am successful he is defeated and the town is saved but wait what is this it seems Blaze has morphed into an even more powerful death lizard than before
this one is a darker orange and seems more fierce, Brock cowers in fear as blaze stares into his eyes and surrenderd a badge that demands obedience to all Pokemon up to level 20 and gives me a TM that imprisons the Pokemon in a tomb made of rocks.....terrible.

-I've left this awful town and was greeted by a man who has given me magical shoes allowing me to RUN. this day has been good i've eaten a hearty meal of chicken and potatoes and plan to continue playing and watch big brother.

pokemon

Blaze(charmelon) Lv.16
growl,scratch,ember,metal claw

Ace(pidgy)Lv.15
tackle,sand attack,gust,quick attack

Kara(pikichu)Lv.13
thunder shock,growl,quick attack,thunder wave

August 8 2010 9:08pm eastern time zone

-after freeing pewter city of Brock and his killer rocks I've started making my way to cerulean city i took route 3 and all those weak trainers who opposed me were destroyed by the death lizard i made my way but was stopped by a cave known as Mt.Moon.

-while in the cave i fought a plenty of Geon00bs and zubats and it seems there is a group of humans who have a goal to sell Pokemon i mean to each there own but when you try to stop me in my way you will be punished by death lizard.

-Team rocket is the name of this team i pwned i fought this nerdy dude who allowed me to have a fossil i wont have use for.
I made my way out of the cave and only a short distance away i was in cerulean city

-after a battle with a wild Ekans Ace morphed into a much bigger more Raging deadly bird....a Rage Bird? Kara is now level 15 and both Ace and Blaze 19

-after healing my Pokemon i ventured north to train Kara some more for the gym only to be stopped by my rival (rage)

-we engaged in battle and i soon discovered he had caught more Pokemon he also had a morphed Rage bird buts his was weaker i sent out Kara who Managed to finish both his Rage bird and Water turtle but blaze killed noob rat and physic monkey.

-There is a challenge in the city if you can kill 5 trainers pokemon you win pure gold.i took this challenge and made it to the end only to be harassed into joining that team rocket got my pure gold but thats it

-*rage* my game boy must be charged very well i must do chores anyway but when i return the quest to this
"bill" guy blue mentioned is back on.

pokemon

Blaze(charmelon) Lv.20

Ace(pidgy)Lv.19
tackle,sand attack,gust,quick attack

Kara(pikichu)Lv.16
thunder shock,growl,quick attack,thunder wave

Last edited:

roogetrainer

Knowledgable Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
~go up to route 4, catch a lvl 7 Nidoran male, name it Veleno. Train it at the viridian forest. Veleno evolves into a Nidorino, head to Mt. Moon
~teach Veleno thief, steal tiny mushrooms from paras(s) and level V. up more
~go through Mt. Moon and catch lvl 10 female clefairy, name it Faye. Beat the geek, take moonstone and dome fossil. Head out.
~teach Faye megapunch, pokecenter and then lvl up Faye. battle Kaz, destroy him and head up route 24 and 25. come back down nad use Larkspur to kill misty,
~beat rocket grunt behind the house, head down to vermilion city. Go to the S.S Anne
~battle all trainers at the S.S Anne and on route 11. Catch a meowth, teach it cut.
~use Veleno to battle Sarge and win
~go through digletts cave -get flash, go to rock tunnel and go through it (Larkspur evolves into Venasaur). Come out and head to lavender town (evolve Veleno into a NidoKing).
~go to route 8 and catch a male lvl 16 growlithe (name it Artie), lvl it up using vs. seeker. Head to celadon city, get coin case and spend money on coines. But thunderbolt, teach it to Faye. Get hot tea and go to saffron city, get pyschic from Mr. Pyschic. teach it to Feye.
~go up the pokemon tower, obliterate Kaz easily. Save.

Venasuar (Larkspur) Female
lvl. 35
Careful Nature
secret power
poison powder
razor leaf
vinewhip

NidoKing (Veleno) Male
lvl. 35
Bold Nature
Horn Attack
Poison Sting
Rock Slide
Brick Break

Clefairy (Faye) Female
lvl 34
Serious Nature
Megapunch
ThunderBolt
Metronome
Pyschic

Growlithe (Artie) Male
lvl. 33
Bashful Nature
Bite
TakeDown
Flame wheel
Ember

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
Spoiler:

Tis A New day Thus a new post, Read yesterdays adventure there^

August 9 2010 12:19am eastern time zone

-Blaze Has grown to Lv.22 and is getting a look as if he may kill me i might want to get some badges soon...

-I've rescued that bill guy who "screwed up and experiment" when i think he was trying to become a furry.

-All pokemon are now level 22 Kara has learned"Slam" ;) and Ace(rage bird) learned whirlwind which has been very useless...

-time to fight misty she is a ginger so she can't be trusted (JK love you gingers :D)And Here i go.

pokemon

Blaze(charmelon) Lv.22

Ace(pidgotto)Lv.22
tackle,whirlwind,gust,quick attack

Kara(pikichu)Lv.22
thunder shock,slam,quick attack,thunder wave

August 9 2010 11:59 am eastern time zone

My gosh due to my awful sleeping habitsi have logged a plenty of gameplay

-misty is defeated and i am victorious the ginger accepts defeat and surrenders a badge and a TM known as water pulse from what i've seen today i need a water pokemon the seem quite useful.

-I"M on a boat. i'm on a boat every body look at m-- *rage* the rival interrupted my song i defeat him and his fake French he tells me something and i'll got out of it was thinking the captain was cutting himself i run into his cabin only to see him throwing up....He is not emo he is a "cut" master he gives me an HM and now i the power cut trees....good.

-digletts......DIGLETTS EVERYWHERE i was in the cave and i turned around half way threw and i ran into this evil looking one I caught him. He should be a powerful allie

-That crazy war Veteran give them a bad name Digga as so i named the diglett pwned all of his Pokemon he give me the badge and a TM
who knew one little Evil mole could take him down.

-such darkness in a dark cave.Thankfully i stole a bike from some guy and now I'm in the darkness.It took a bit but I'm out :K The pokemon have grew more powerful

Blaze(charmelon) Lv.28

Ace(pideotto)Lv.25

Kara(pikichu)Lv.22

Digga(diglett)lv.25
Cut,Magnitude,Dig,Scratch

August 9 2010 6:45pm eastern time zone

-I'm in Lavender town its pretty creepy and evil tower looms over the city i'm staying away for a bit i've amde my way west to saffron

-so mother******* gaurd wont let me in >:K i took the underground path and found my self in cerulean the gym leader is a grass trainer so i wiped her easily.

-after taking tea from so old bag i went to the behind of her house and stole an Eevee.the guy there who had nothing better to do than write stuff on a board had no problem with it. turn out eevee can turn into 3 thing a vaporean,jolteon and flareon i choose Vaporeon i got a magic water rock and he evolved i taught it water pulse and he is a beast :K

-so just innocently trying to gamble a man was looking like a pedo by a poster i, went and found out he is in that team rocket I'm fed up with these guys i followed him into magic hole and fought my way through there terrible grunts only to make my way to the boss i destroyed him and Digga tried to evolve i stopped him cause i can.he dropped this scope things that let me see ghosts..cool?

-damn who knew that 4 gaurds could all be so nice after one cup of tea I'm in saffron but those mofo team rocket wont let me anywhere, the real gym is blocked so i went to the one next to it i fought all these fighting hot heads and bam they gave me the choice between Jackie Chan and Bruce lee. I choose Jackie Chan cause he can make it around the world in 80 days.

-its not Jackie Chan its hitmonCHAN but i named him Jackie anyway he packs a mean punch he will be very valuable i made my way back to lavender town where some guy told me that so dude was being held hostage by team rocket GOD DAMIT!

-Rival (rage) apparently one of his Pokemon died Q-Q for him he battled me :K i wiped out his Pokemon and some of his evolved his physic monkey is bigger and he has a flaming b**** but its a boy....anyways i made it too the top.

- I S*** bricks i fought a GHOST! Dam paranormal world you scary i saved that fugi guy from team rocket and he gave me a flute -_____- great i saved my game and now i'm off to eat :)

Blaze(charmelon) Lv.33

Ace(pidgy)Lv.29

Kara(pikichu)Lv.28

Digga(diglett)lv.31
Cut,Magnitude,Dig,Scratch

Vapwn(vaporean) 27
quick attack,Water pulse,sand attack, growl

Jackie(hitmonchan) 28
comet punch,pursuit,agility,mach punch

Last edited:

roogetrainer

Knowledgable Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
~Walk out of the ghost tower and then head to celadon city
~lvl Artie up in the grass gym -and let my pyro side have some fun
~go to the game corner and talk to team rocket grunt -then destroy team rocket grunt. Follow him down and kill the next guy I find -rinse and repeat.
~use Larkspur to kill Giovanni
~buy shadow ball from game corner, teach it to Faye then head to Fuschia city. Use Faye and her pschic and win, easily. Catch a sycther in the safari zone -name it Falce.
~lvl Falce up, then head to saffron city. Go into the fighting gym(?) and Falce shows the fighting idiots whos really the boss. Take hitmonlee 'cause I can.
~pokemoncenter: silph co. head quaters: kill Kaz: recieve Lapras (name it Lago): lvl it up: defeat Giovanni (again) and rub his nose in it.
~now that sabrina is back in business use Artie (he knows bite) and Faye. Win.
~Head to pallet town, say hi to mom and prof. oak then go to cinnabar island. Go to the creepy-mansion and lvl pokemon up more. Find secret key, go to gym and use Lago.
~meet bill outside, head to one island. Go to two and three island, stop gang of evil-doers and find lost little girl. Talk to kids dad, head back to one island. Head home.
~Go to Viridian City, go to the gym. Pawn all inside, destroy Giovanni and listen to him decide to be a good-guy again before pulling a disappearing trick. Go to victory road but is stopped by Kaz. Defeat Kaz for standing in my way and go through.
~after leveling up all pokemon head to the elite four. For the first one, use Faye four all her pokemon but switch out to Artie and use fire blast on her jynx.
~Next person use Faye -who ends up fainting -switch to Falce and kill the rest.
~Bring Faye back to life, go to next dude and use Falce on his fighters and Larkspur on his rock/ground.
~for Lance, use Lago's icebeam. Find out that your NOT the pokemon league champion, head to next room and see Kaz
~after a long and hard battle, i win and see prof. oak. say hi, pokemon enter hall of fame end of story.

pokemon team

(Lago) Lapras Male lvl: 55
Lonely nature
213-120-100-115-124-92
Body Slam
Icebeam
Hydropump
Surf

(Faye) Clefairy Female lvl: 56
Serious
185-110-113-117-121-110
Double-edge
Thunderbolt
Pyschic
Shadow Ball

(Larkspur) Venusaur female lvl:55
Careful nature
165-111-122-110-137-127
Return
Toxic
Razorleaf
Frenzy plant

(Veleno) Nidoking Male lvl:55
Bold nature
172-126-112-104-105-132
Horn Attack
Sludgebomb
Earthquake
Focus Punch

(Falce) Scyther female lvl: 54
gentle nature
140-142-101-69-120-131
Slash
aerial ace
wingattack
steal wing

(Artie) Arcanine Male lvl: 53
Bashful nature
173-142-112-124-103-130
Bite
Flamethrower
Fireblast
take down

now why did i name the pokemon i named them? "Larkspur" is a type of poisonous plant (venasaurs nickname) -- "Veleno" is the italian word for poison (nidokings nickname) "Faye" are fairies, commonly called the "fey/fay/faye folk" (clefables nickname) "Artie".... cause I wanted to name my growlithe Artie. "Falce" the italian word for scyth (scythers nickname) "Lago" the italian word for lake -oceano didn't sound cool enough -(Lapras's nickname)

gonna start on emerald now, just 'cause I can

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2010
Just started over my emerald my current team is:
Treecko Lv.13
Slakoth Lv.7

going to go train up a bit before vs'ing the first gym.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
I edited an Emerald ROM to have all 386 Pokemon. So now I am playing through that. I also made some changes in a few cities. Like in Oldale Town I added a small puddle that you can walk on to encounter Surskit. :3 In cities with gyms, I added grass that have Pokemon related to (or at least the same type) as the gym leader. I will put pictures of the changes in spoilers when I post here.

Here is my team:

Female Derevo (Grovyle) Lv.18
Spr_3e_253.gif

- Quick Attack
- Absorb
- Fury Cutter
- Pursuit

Female Voda (Surskit) Lv.17
Spr_3e_283.gif

- Bubble
- Quick Attack
- Sweet Scent

Female Zuby (Mawile) Lv.17
Spr_3e_303.gif

- Bite
- Fake Tears
- Astonish
- Sweet Scent

Changes in Oldale:
Spoiler:

Changes in Rustboro City:
Spoiler:

I just noticed how similar Treecko's and Surskit's animations are..

Edit: Just beat Roxanne. Pretty easy. Caught and trained a Mawile (in the grass I added outside Rustboro City.)

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
Last Post:
Spoiler:

So today I started playing after I beat Roxanne.

I caught a Tyrogue in the grass I put in Dewford. One of the only two post-Hoenn dex Pokemon I actually put into the game in early routes. Took awhile to get it to evolve into a Hitmontop, had to keep trying. But now I have a Hitmontop!

Brawly was easy to beat.
Watson was easy to beat aswell.
Flanery beat me twice. :| I always have trouble with her. But I eventually beat her.

Here is my team:

Female Derevo (Grovyle) Lv.32
Spr_3e_253.gif

- Quick Attack
- Leaf Blade
- Fury Cutter
- Pursuit

Female Voda (Masquerain) Lv.33
Spr_3e_284.gif

- Secret Power
- Gust
- Bubble
- Flash

Female Zuby (Mawile) Lv.32
Spr_3e_303.gif

- Vicegrip
- Bite
- Faint Attack
- Baton Pass

Male Moshennik (Hitmontop) Lv.33
Spr_3e_237.gif

- Triple Kick
- Counter
- Tackle
- Rapid Spin

Changes near Dewford:
Spoiler:

Changes in Mauville City:
Spoiler:

Chanings in Lavaridge Town:
Spoiler:

Ghrimm

Advanced Trainer
Years
GHRIMM'S FIRERED PLAYTHROUGH
Trozeiani006.gif
Trozeiani135.gif
Trozeiani055.gif

Planned Team:
Gambit / Neko / Talon

• Started new game
  • Chose male sprite, named self "Ghrimm"
  • Named rival "Luke"
  • Did beginning of game stuff
  • Chose Charmander, nn'd "Gambit"
  • Beat Luke's Squirtle
  • Got the PokeDex
  • Trekked up through Viridian Forest, learning Metal Claw on the way
  • Currently in Pewter City, challenging Brock
TEAM:
Trozeiani004.gif

Gambit/Charmander
Male/lvl.15
- Scratch
- Growl
- Ember
- Metal Claw

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
I beat Emerald's E4. I am way to lazy to type a lengthy description right now.

I just beat the Fronteir Brain at the Battle Factory for the Silver Badge thing. :3 It was easy. I had Poliwrath (With Rest, Hypnosis, Brick Break, and Belly Drum holding a Chesto Berry, so I pretty much sweeped everyone just with this), Grumpig (with all elemental punches) and Lickitung.

He had Parasect, Vigoroth, and Azumarill.

Needless to say, I beat all his Pokemon without fainting. Poliwrath almost did because I couldn't put Vigoroth to sleep, I forgot about his ability. So I just switched to Grumpig and used the elemental punches on everyone and won. :)

Got the gold!

Got the silver in the Battle Tube with Gorebuss (can't spell), Sceptile, and Hitmontop! :D

Last edited:

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
Ok so today I officially start my Emerald playthrough! *cheesy fanfare*

Well anyway, lets get on with it! What I've done already:
- Started game
- Got my essentials( Pokedex, Pokeballs, Running Shoes, Potions,etc.) and my starter Mudkip
- Caught an Eevee
- Whooped May's A$$
- Whooped Random Trainers A$$es
- Got to Petalburg City

Current Team:
Mudkip Lv.8
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
Eevee Lv.7
- Tackle
- Helping Hand
- Tail Whip

Expect more tomorrow!
- Note: game is played on emulator and has been edited for more fun so that all 386 pokes are available and gym leaders are an actual challenge XD

Ghrimm

Advanced Trainer
Years
Trozeiani006.gif
Trozeiani135.gif
Trozeiani055.gif
Trozeiani053.gif

Planned Team:
Gambit / Neko / Talon / Marcus

• Challenged Brock like 15 times before I beat him
  • Got the Running Shoes
  • Added Pokemon to the 'dex via Mt.Moon
  • Taught Gambit Mega Punch
  • Beat Luke easily
  • Sweeped through and got to Bill's
  • Beat Misty on the second try
  • Got to Vermillion :D
  • Caught Marcus the Meowth, lvl 12, male
  • Saved
TEAM:
Trozeiani005.gif

Gambit/Charmeleon
Male/lvl.32
- Scratch
- Mega Punch
- Ember
- Metal Claw

Trozeiani052.gif

Marucs/Meowth
Male/lvl. 12
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
-​

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2010
Just restarted Pokemon Emerald. Name is Nat. All I've done so far is chosen my name so far, so I'll keep editing when things happen.
Chose Torchic.

Ghrimm

Advanced Trainer
Years
Trozeiani006.gif
Trozeiani135.gif
Trozeiani055.gif
Trozeiani053.gif

Planned Team:
Gambit / Neko / Talon / Marcus

• Got the Vs. Seeker
  • Trained Marcus up
  • Beat the SS Anne, and Luke (easy kill)
  • Beat Lt. Surge
  • Went through Digletts Tunnel and got Flash
  • Realized how much I love Pay Day <3
  • Marcus Evolved!
  • Currently trekking through Rock Tunnel
TEAM:
Trozeiani006.gif

Gambit/Charizard
Male/lvl.36
- Wing Attack
- Mega Punch
- Flamethrower
- Metal Claw

Trozeiani053.gif

Marucs/Persian
Male/lvl. 29
- Scratch
- Pay Day
- Bite
- Faint Attack​

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2010
I haven't been doing anything, created a new Emerald file.

Current Team::
Fountain(Mudkip) Level 6

I'm going to do the rival battle thing.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Have you ever beat Battle Frontier?That is question for all of you.

Blackpaw Stormfeather

Hatsuharu's Sister ♥
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2010
I've been progressing slowly. Transfered over Torchic and Treecko from Sapphire. Going to get 1st badge.

Team
::::::::::
Blade(treecko) level 12
Blaze(torchic) level 12
Fountain(mudkip) level 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back