• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Just another art thread~

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
A little bit of this and that

I just realised how my style flunctuates according to my mood djkhgfjkgfds O_O

RECENT WORKS
Spoiler:

A little bit of what i'm working on now
Spoiler:

Digital
Spoiler:

Renders/Cards
Spoiler:

Traditional
Spoiler:

Other stuff I do for fun
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Oooh, these are adorable! I love your OC's innocent-looking expression and your eye style is really pretty. Your Photoshop skills are just fine as well so no worries; you pulled off the coloring and shading very well, though it would've been awesome to see her full body. My favorite part about your art are definitely the expressions! :D

The sprite outlines look kind of rough and shaky though, especially on the legs. If you're using the official Pokemon sprites as refs, you'll notice that they use more black in their outlines.

Overall, your stuff is wonderful, so keep on posting <33

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love your drawings especially the black and white one. the eyes are just stunning~
i would work on spriting though. it looks like you have it right, but it needs an outline or some darker shades to make the sprite pop.
the render signature is good, but the font is very thin (i hate when that happens and then it makes it look pixely).
nice work! can't wait to see more (:

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
thanks so much for the critique!
Yeah I'm planning to do a full body whenifinallygetmybuttmoving when i'm free xD

i'm not particularly good with spriting though, it was just as a practice and I guess I would have to work harder on it ||D OTL

I'll think of something for the renders though since I haven't rendered much since facebook revamped its site and the 200x600 avatars can't be used anymore, sooooo yep OTL

but still, thanks for the critiques!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I love your doodles. They're really awesome. Really like how all of them are really neat and clean and can practically be used as a render for any banner/tag. The way you color your works is pretty awesome as well - loving the shading in them. Works like these are really hard to do. Perfect colors and shading, as far as my opinion is concerned.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2...i_sendou_is_mine_____by_l_y_r_i_e-d5lser9.png
Pretty much reminded me of doodles one of PC's best artists used to do. I'm not an expert at drawing so I don't really have much to say apart from the fact that I really adore your works and I hope to see more of them in the future!

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Oooh I love how clean your lineart is! The pressure is very well done, I admire your patience ;;7;;;;

Jacqueline's collar bones are looking a little low on that one colored picture you have, and personally I'd sharpen up the shading and highights on the coloring style to match your lineart a little more! (Though really, I'm not one to talk when I clash my linework with my coloring all the time hahaha) but otherwise it looks great! Can't wait to see more updates *V*d

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
thanks all of you :D
@Derozio: my doodles are horrible 8'D thanks! I probably would update more towards traditional art now since digital is too much of a pain--- //slapped
@Loki: i see... Welp I have no talent in shading but I can try 8'D
thanks!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Wow, that's really cute. I mean, the watermark is sort of annoying in its lack of subtlety, but I understand why people do it. Personally, I think a signature is enough, maybe one with some loops that just find their way into major parts of the piece itself, making it harder to separate out.

(On top of that, why use a DA watermark? That's like, giving them more credit than they deserve. It's not like they actively help anyone with any part of the design process. I'd at least make up my own insignia, but now I'm just ranting about DA).

Anyway, that's just a suggestion insofar as keeping your work yours, but not having the focal point be something that you didn't intend it to be with factors beyond your control. I'm not coming down on you or anything.

On a more constructive note, though, I do like the way you draw eyes on characters, and that much is consistent on each of your pieces. Even the dog Pokemon, whose eyes I'm guessing don't actually look that way looks a lot more cute with them. I also like the wide mouth on the blue haired girl. I really like wide mouths, though, ahaha. I dunno why, it's so cute for some reason.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm like.. stupid jealous of anyone who either has the tools to color or the talent to color, and gurl, you've got both. Your digital art is great, it really is. :>

Personally, I would like to see more of you traditional artwork. From what you've posted of it so far, it seems like digital art is where you really shine. But you've got raw talent and you should really post more of it! You're not afraid to use color, and that's clear. But when it comes to your pencil work-- it comes across as monochromatic and a bit flat. Don't be afraid to push the blacks and lights in there and really make it pop! ;]

Great job, can't wait to see more!

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Wow, that's really cute. I mean, the watermark is sort of annoying in its lack of subtlety, but I understand why people do it. Personally, I think a signature is enough, maybe one with some loops that just find their way into major parts of the piece itself, making it harder to separate out.

(On top of that, why use a DA watermark? That's like, giving them more credit than they deserve. It's not like they actively help anyone with any part of the design process. I'd at least make up my own insignia, but now I'm just ranting about DA).

Anyway, that's just a suggestion insofar as keeping your work yours, but not having the focal point be something that you didn't intend it to be with factors beyond your control. I'm not coming down on you or anything.

On a more constructive note, though, I do like the way you draw eyes on characters, and that much is consistent on each of your pieces. Even the dog Pokemon, whose eyes I'm guessing don't actually look that way looks a lot more cute with them. I also like the wide mouth on the blue haired girl. I really like wide mouths, though, ahaha. I dunno why, it's so cute for some reason.

Yea i used the dA watermark because i was really lazy, and since i didn't exactly have a background, a signature would have been too easy to rig xD;; since i like to play with photoshop i kinda realise that using the path tool and careful erasing would be really easy to get a signature out of an artwork and forge it somewhere else y'know? OTL;;

I think the eye style is the only thing that remains constant dhsjkhgs (but i am close to forgetting how i shade them already fhjkshgfds i'd better practice when i'm free)

oh yea, aichi is a boyyy i have no talent in drawing dudes *sob* Aichi Sendou, from cardfight vanguard. aka my self-proclaimed husband

I'm like.. stupid jealous of anyone who either has the tools to color or the talent to color, and gurl, you've got both. Your digital art is great, it really is. :>

Personally, I would like to see more of you traditional artwork. From what you've posted of it so far, it seems like digital art is where you really shine. But you've got raw talent and you should really post more of it! You're not afraid to use color, and that's clear. But when it comes to your pencil work-- it comes across as monochromatic and a bit flat. Don't be afraid to push the blacks and lights in there and really make it pop! ;]

Great job, can't wait to see more!

I think my digital art is okay, but my traditional art's anatomy is stronger :D i tend to scan in the traditional and trace over since it's easier
thanks so much for the critique!
i think it's a lil hard for me for traditional art since i prefer using mechanical pencil, and yea, i end up puncturing a hole into my artwork fdjshgjklgfdsjhfs OTL but thanks for the critique! :O so i guess i'll have to end up changing my lead to 4B (i'm using 2B now) for a darker shade... thanks! i'll try practicing during the weekends when my homework is done (nope, it's never gonna be done, i'll just procrastinate and draw---)

Back