• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Generation: which versions did you get?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I got all 4 games since I wanted the complete collection and so I could get Pokemon not available in certain versions...If all Pokemon were in one version of the game i'd same lots of money.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
At first, I got Black for my birthday. I didn't pick White only because I didn't like the way the white cover looked, so I picked Black. Next, I picked White 2, only because there was no Black 2 at the store, and plus I was inpatient. And, the White 2 cover looked better than the Black 2 cover to be honest.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I went with Pokémon White because I was fascinated by the White Forest there, and later on I picked Black 2 because Black Kyurem is cool.

Nakala Pri

Pokemon White is for suckers! Reshy ftw!

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
I got 4 copies of Unova Games in total. 2 copies of Black, a copy of White, and a copy of Black 2. Black was my first one since I like Reshiram over Zekrom and my brother got White anyways. I bought Black 2 after a hiatus of about a year because I learned how to RNG and wanted to RNG there. Aside from that, my brother got White 2 at launch so I pretty much had to get Black 2 and it's only logical to get the sequel of my game. The second copy of Black came from a friend who no longer used it. I asked for it so I can have a spare file to RNG on. When he gave it to me, it had a Whopping 999:59 play time. And finally, I bought White off my brother because he needed some cash and decided to sell Soul Silver and White to me for about $30 as a bundle. Since I wanted to play through HGSS again and wouldn't hurt to have another game for RNG, I bought them from him.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I chose Black version not because of the mascot legendary, but because of a version exclusive. I never quite adored a leaked Pokemon from Corocoro until I first saw Cottonee and Whimsicott. I had to get one! and then my first encounter was shiny, I still can't believe my luck to this day :'D

Years
I bought White and White 2, I guess so I could like continue the story (also cuz the opposite legendary was in each game). In hindsight getting Black 2 would have been a better idea because I don't even care for legendaries anyway, and I would have had the opportunity to catch Black's version exclusives, but oh well!

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
I'm pretty sure I've owned all four. I think I traded one or two in sometime, though I can't remember...I need to go check.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
They were out of stock when I wanted Black so I got White. They were out of stock when I wanted W2 so I got B2.
My reaction:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I was originally going to buy Black, but the store didn't have it so I went with White. Then I bought White 2 because continuity.
I'm probably going to buy Black and Black 2 soon because I'm addicted to Gen V.

Sirfetch’d

I got White and White 2. I really don't know why I chose those versions at the time, maybe I just liked Zekrom more when picking white and then just wanted it's true sequel. Kinda regret not picking Black because I missed out on using Mandibuzz haha.

Years
So I finally stepped into this generation so it's time for me to start posting here a bit :D

I bought both White and Black, for starters. I preferred Zekrom a bit, which helped me choose the White version. Another part that caused trouble were White forest and Black city. While I prefer concrete irl, I love nature in games, and White forest looks like a really zen place.
Therefore, I took White, and gave my sis Black. No doubt, I'll play around with Black version just to see the Black city, but I think White was definitely a good choice. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I got White, and White 2. I like to stick with the same colors (while knowing both versions are vastly different from each other in terms of Pokemon choices).

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
I've unfortunately never played a fifth gen. game, but I do plan on getting White 2 soon so I can experience the greatness for myself. :)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Black 1 - since i liked the version exclusives in this game, especially since only gen 5 pokes are in here, with options such as Gothitelle, Whimsicott, and still the option to get a Petitil into a Lilligant thanks to an in-game trade.

White 2 - since the sequel pretty much expanded unova to include all other pokemon, I wasn't pressured to play Black again, and I want a Kyurem-White as well. Also, Braviary is in this game.

KirbyRobot

Hey look, it's Robotic Kirby!
Years
I got Pokemon White the day it was released. I got it because, Zekrom. I was like "Why not." Because, it's my two favorite types mixed together. Later on in life, I thin I lost my White copy? or gave it to somebody? Idk, but it's gone now. Later on I got Pokemon Black, and somehow I ended up getting like 4 copies, and I dispersed them with my friends, and my neighbors.

Back