• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I prefer 3rd person / past tense. I think it's somewhat annoying to read present tense and / or 1st person posts. In novels it's ok, but in RPs it gets confusing. At the very least, all players in a certain RP should stick to the same style.

About love, nah, I haven't made my characters fallen in love very often. Of course my twi'lek and Raikiri's human in the Star Wars RP will eventually be madly in hate-love but all things come to those who wait~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hmmm I don't remember having any of my characters be in a relationship. I guess I never really bothered to have my characters actually be closer than friends with other people.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I tend to steer my characters away from love. When they do get into relationships it's usually quite icky (love triangles, time travel, etc. etc.), but then again, none of my characters on PC have ever really been in RPs long enough to have relationships (plus as a writer I like to take things slow and let things develop as naturally as they can).

King!

better
Years
I have an idea for an RP based on Pokemon Special Adventures... It's more of a concept really, but it doesn't really matter since I can't afford to start a new RP anyway.

I also thought of a concept based on a book I once read, that I sadly cannot remember the name of. Characters would be playing ghosts of their former selves, and their bodies as ghosts would take the form of how they remembered themselves as. Under certain circumstances, they were prone to sinking through the floor and even down to the center of the earth, as if it were made of quicksand, though.

It's a shame I can't remember the title, or I'd remember more proper details.

Everlost! That's Everlost :D By Neal Shusterman I think xD Or Neil. I'm pretty sure it was Neal though. omg I loved that book so much <3 I haven't read the others...yeah, that would definitely make a good RP, now that I think of it o.o

In the book, they're like, halfway between dead and alive. Something got in their way in the tunnel from life to death and they got caught in Everlost, which is basically a ghost earth that lives over the real earth. They could only walk in safe spots without sinking, and if you sink, you're done for. And like...yeah. It was really cool :D I can see a lot of the concept sin it being used in an RP.

As for the romance thing...hmmm....yeah. Well...I tend to think up romances for my characters a lot. But whether or not those plans actually go to action isn't really...hmm...I don't think I've ever actually made it happen. And usually it wasn't planned with another RP'er, I think that only happened once or twice.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Rokusasu
Time travel?? You have had a character fall in love, and time travel became a factor?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Going to quickly pitch an idea here...

So I'm brewing a sort of high fantasy RP ... which is going to include a sizeable amount of combat, as well as being fairly freeform otherwise. As such, I am highly curious about how people would feel if I required that people read through and utilize a section about mechanics - a standard six-statistic RPG-esque array for a character, as well as how to assign abilities to their characters, and so on.

Is this a terrible idea or not? I'm not going to continue drafting the system if it is. Essentially, it's a system to rationalize the amount of specialized abilities a single character can have at character creation, as well as a record of the increases in their power.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
@Rokusasu
Time travel?? You have had a character fall in love, and time travel became a factor?

Bear in mind that this was on an independent forum where magical powers were a norm. xD It wasn't Pokémon or Celebi/Dialga related in the slightest. People were caught up in a love triangle that resulted in travelling back in time to try and kill each other/ not trigger the events that caused the other to have feelings for the one they loved. Also at one point someone's kids travelled back because they weren't sure who their father was. o_O It was very messed up and I miss it. It died before I joined PC, soyeah. Don't trust the age I have on my profile. It lies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
XD Oh my God, I love that!!

Sounds like a book within a story!

New Topic:

What was PC like for you when you first showed up? How did you feel about the site, as well as the community itself? How did you come across the Roleplay section? Had you already been an expert Roleplayer when you joined? Perhaps you did something else entirely?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
PokeCommunity was ... very forbidding when I first showed up, at least the roleplay section.

I sucked at roleplaying when I first got here, so there's the reason why.

Legendary members such as Scarlet Weather, Alter Ego, Phanima, and Mika were active in the RP section. Roleplays had high standards for acceptance (probably higher than they are currently - Alter was pretty strict iirc). It was a golden age, though - I honed my roleplaying skills here, and my writing matured a little bit as I learned the arts of elaboration and proper description.

... Although maybe I'm just exaggerating since I'm better at roleplaying now. o_O

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Yagerbomb-Thanks for the idea. It has helped me & Zerin so far now.

What was PC like for you when you first showed up? How did you feel about the site, as well as the community itself? How did you come across the Roleplay section? Had you already been an expert Roleplayer when you joined? Perhaps you did something else entirely?

Too many question.

1. I was a bit nervous at first. My first few posts were really short, barely a line infact. Over the months, I see I've improved now.

2. A little nice I guess. I found the site & community real fun, with kind members.

3. Before I joined I was like I wonder what it's lie to see different stories of Pokemon, or even be in one? I looed through a couple websites until I found this. Roleplaying, that's what it's called.

4. I have never Roleplayed in my life until I joined my first RP.

5. Well, I may have RP'd with someone way back, but that was between us only on a different website. We still do actually.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Well, I tell the story of how I ended up here.

As far as joining PC, I was originally drawn in here by Game Development. I joined PC in March in order to start making a game. I ended up not doing very well there, so I left. I came around occasionally to check around, but that was it. When I first joined, the community as I saw it (just the GD forum) was scary and intimidating. One day, while on PC, I decided to look around the PC forum. So, I went scrolling along the base forum. Then I read "Roleplay Corner" and I thought, Pfft, who does this stuff, friggin' nerds. So I clicked to go into where the Roleplay Corner was. So I decided to look at some RP's to get some laughs. Upon reading a couple of RP's, I decided, I want to try this! So I began looking at how others RP'ed. I sent in SU's, got in a couple RP's. I wasn't very good back then (NOTHING'S CHANGED) but I had fun, aside from entangling in arguements with people all the time. Overall, I learned from PC to not knock something until you try it.

P.S. Don't hate me for my comments in the story. :D

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@zerin- when i first joined? I did nothing with my account... I thought it would take too much of my time xD my bestie had recommended it to me though, later after my b-day i begun using it, because the same person who recommended the site told me to join Pokemon Trainer Academy,

For a couple of months this was the only RP i RPed in on PC, i thought it was enough, but later i joined "What if" and a couple of other RP's and now i have my own RP too.

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
hey, I'm considering submitting a roleplay. The basic plot is that you are one of the descendants of the 7 Pokemon who defeated a human that tried to destroy Unova. 2000 years later, he's back and the only way to defeat him is to use the very weapon he used. it would be a mystery dungeon game but split up into 3 in depth parts, each a separate role play taking place at different points in time. It would have mutated pokemon, gargantuan in size as the bosses and there would be a huge amount of focus on battle. In an ideal situation, people would have to be online at the same time to cover each part at a decent pace. pls tell me if this a good idea as i have a draft ready to submit!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I had originally joined PC in 2010, mainly for the hacks. Then last year in the summer vacations, I was bored during the vacations so I decided to try and hack a few games. I visited the hacking forums once or twice, then I stumbled upon the RP Corner right below that. I checked out a few RPs, and eventually joined one as well. Of course, I was a noob back then, but I have improved now. I made this new account in July, and have used this ever since. :D It's just my good luck that the first RP I ever joined (War between Pokemon and Humans) actually finished.

@Pokeman: Yeah, since I'm not a big fan of Mystery Dungeon RPs, but I guess I find it interesting. Though, why are there Mystery Dungeons in Unova? And why was the man trying to destroy it? Also, it's not very easy for everybody to be online at the same time... Just some things to think about.

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
@DeepImpact The story goes into much more detail but i'd rather not divulge it on the forum, and my mystery dungeon I meant you play as a pokemon and you have the mystery dungeon hub, there is also some final fantasy elements in it(mainly weapons though), as for the online segment, i agree it was just a bit of a hope that it could happen, thanks for giving me your views though!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@DeepImpact The story goes into much more detail but i'd rather not divulge it on the forum, and my mystery dungeon I meant you play as a pokemon and you have the mystery dungeon hub, there is also some final fantasy elements in it(mainly weapons though), as for the online segment, i agree it was just a bit of a hope that it could happen, thanks for giving me your views though!

Haha, I think you should better mention that because it's usually things like that which make the mod decline the thread d: At least, that's what I've noticed all these months, lol. And alright, I understand now, though that looks more like 'Play as Pokemon' than a Mystery Dungeon RP to me, personally.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years

Like many I was drawn in by a hack - Shiny Gold if you're wondering. I'd been role playing for about six or seven years by this point, and saw that PC had a RP section. I joined a couple of RPs but they never got really far. Then I mostly hung out in the DCC and the Kingdom Hearts group. I quit for a little while and then came back, didn't really RP again until two weeks ago or so?

Tbh I don't remember much of the RP community back in '08/09... My writing style's actually changed since I started uni so I'm less descriptive than I used to be (apparently a flaw 'new writers' have is that they over describe things and don't let their audience have a chance to think for themselves). My SUs have gotten shorter, too.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Currently 8 people have joined my PMD RP as explorers, 2 have joined as Guild Workers, 2 are still making the SU, proud? YES I AM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back