• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Okay, I think I'm going to go through with the Inheritance RP. It'll probably be kinda slow moving and I'll want good, detailed posts, short shoddy ones are the bane of my existence. It'll be set shortly after the last book. Look for it up in two weeks tops if you're interested, and if you know anyone who might be don't be afraid to poke em over to it. I want to see this one take off.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
About the RP's pace, I prefer slow and steady RPs. When the RP goes in a fast pace, some people can't catch up, and later it can be a pain. But that doesn't mean that people should just sit and wait until the inactive one posts. What I mean is "quality over quantity". People tend to make lots of mistakes when rushing.

*nods head* What he said. I don't like extremely fast moving RPs, they turn out to be a mess. I like moderate speed RPs, with about 2-3 posts per day, which are decent.

I agree with that, it's no fun to come online after only one day's absence and see several new pages with events that you got no chance to be part of.

But I don't like RPs where people won't bother to make a reply less often then once a week. They turn so eerie that people eventually can forget about them. And it dies. *goes to kick the players in Arcanum to life with a chainsaw or sumthin*

I'M ALIVE OKAY I JUST POSTED :(

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I find that RPs tend to die if you let people hold up post order for several days at a time repeatedly. That being said, I like to have at least one post order cycle per day, so that everyone gets to post at least once per day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just letting everyone know that the RPAs are up!

Please remember to read the rules, there have been a few changes from last time around!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay guys, I don't want to seem rude or arrogant or anything, but I just had to say this.

I'm really disappointed in this month's RPA. I'm not gonna take ANY names, nor am I attacking anybody, but some of the people/RPs being voted for are just... not deserving. That's my opinion, but really, before voting, just think who REALLY deserves that award. I know I may be overreacting a bit, specially since it's just some random awards on a forum xD, but yeah, it just... makes me kinda angry that some of the better RPers/RPs get ignored because they don't join the famous RPs/aren't really very active/don't interact much/whatever reason.

Really, the achievement system is looking better and better now that the new RPAs have come up. It's all just become a popularity contest now. That had been a major problem during the earlier RPAs, but fortunately it had not been such a major issue during the last RPAs, where people got what they deserved. I'm very sorry to say that I see the same issue returning this month.

Those are just my thoughts though. You're free to think whatever you want, or whoever you want to vote for... I just wanted to express my opinion.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...I am not sure whether to be amused or cynical over the fact that it has been stated right on the RPAs that you can't vote for the previous winner and yet Supervegeta is still winning best roleplayer, /again/ |D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
For the love of-

Lol, guys, it's not allowed to vote for people who won the previous time. Give other people (some more deserving) a chance.

Oh, and rusty makes a pretty good point as well.

Although I do have to say, I'm quite happy that ShadowGuy789 nominated me for the best Veteran RP. I didn't even realize I was an RP.

EDIT: By the way I've been stalking some convos of some people (no names to be mentioned), and asking others to vote for you in the RPAs is just really low...

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I agree myself. Everyone should get a chance at the awards. I'm kinda surprised ShadowGuy nominated me in the Most Entertaining Roleplayer. :) I appreciate that, & I hope I have fun here more. :D Go Pedro!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Honestly, I'm not one to aim for impressive titles on the interwebs. I just enjoy writing. I guess an award is cool, but whatever. I know some people take it very seriously though rofl. Another thing is that most people are biased rather than sincere when voting. I don't want to screw up like that.

By the way Vegeta, it's nice of you to tell people not to vote for you. I saw your emblems once and laughed at how ridiculously good you are.

Also -DeepImpact- has a great reply to the awards. I haven't been on here before so I don't know how the previous RPAs have gone, but eh... I can't judge much. I don't know anybody, really. I might not vote on these things. But for you guys, since I guess this is a bad month I hope the other ones will be better? Lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Okay, guys, I totally agree with DeepImpact.

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST. Do not vote for people simply because they are your friends. If you can't think of someone to actually vote for, then don't vote at all. And also, an explanation of "im votin for dem becoz dey are rly gud n fun!!!!!" is not acceptable. Those votes will not be counted.

Okay, for example, I'm definitely voting for PKMN Trainer Yellow as best GM. "shes rely organisd and helpful!!!" is not an explanation. "PKMN Trainer Yellow took over The Pokemon Trainer Academy and has been handling it like a pro. Despite the amount of new players and random members that join, she manages to keep the post quality up for everyone, keep alive all those 40 characters and still have a thread that's more popular than the roleplay discussing thread. Kudos for keeping it alive sp long and good luck to the future."

THAT is an explanation (though it should probably be more indepth), and I thought that up in a minute while lying in bed on my phone at 7:30am through half closed eyes. It is not that hard guys. I will not be counting votes without a proper reasoning and honestly, if you can't think about what to write in a paragraph, don't vote for them, because they don't deserve it.

And if anyone even remotely copies another members explanations, I will not be happy.

It really winds me up that some of you guys blatantly ignore what I say and put no effort into these things. It should be a fun thing to do, not a chore to try and make it fair.

Okay, back to sleep.

EDIT: one more thing. Stop with the "lol vote for me lol jks dont but realy do it" because it is kind of not funny and pompous and a lot of other words I'd like to use but can't on this site.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
This is probably the first time I've really thought about why I vote for people in the RPA... Usually I just look at the category and someone who fits the description comes to mind, but I never stop to think why XD

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
I tend not to get involved in the RPA's because it causes way to much drama. Certain people always win and it makes others upset.

OK WORLD... GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS! THIS IS A FORUM! YOU'RE GETTING WORKED UP OVER AN AWARDS SYSTEM THAT IS DONE FOR THE FUN OF ACHIEVEMENT!

Not trying to hurt any feelings or anything and this is in no way intended to offend anyone but you guys are taking this far to seriously.

I'm going to apoligize in advance to Skymin for whatever is going to result from this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back