• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think it's pretty neat. I was just on vp and they changed their pokemon board name to RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD. There's a lot of butthurt going on there right now.

I think it's a forme. One, it replaces mewtwo on the movie poster, and two, pokemon.com said the same thing about kyurem's new formes.

They called the Kyurem Forms a new Pokemon, but when they updated their site they said Kyurem can transform into those forms, how was just a mystery. This time they say that its related to Mewtwo, but is a separate Pokemon. Its not exactly the same case.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
I agree with Xander. I can't see anyone being able to clone Mewtwo without his compliance. Plus GameFreak I'm sure knows that many fans still view him as the ultimate legendary. THE BA of Pokemon. Mew two simply doesn't belong in anyone's shadow.

That's why I think this 'MewThree' is another Mew clone, if it's indeed a new Pokemon. Perhaps Rocket is back and believe now, with current (genetic) technology they can succeed in creating a controllable Mew clone. Possibly creating it with the intention of countering and controlling MewTwo so he can be used for his original purpose.

MewThree has awesome potential. I like the design too.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They called the Kyurem Forms a new Pokemon, but when they updated their site they said Kyurem can transform into those forms, how was just a mystery. This time they say that its related to Mewtwo, but is a separate Pokemon. Its not exactly the same case.
They probably hadn't finalized it yet, and thought they'd be new...but then decided to tie them to Kyurem and create the story? My best guess.

Cyclone

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
What if this new Mew is a mix of Mewtwo and Mew? It's a more "perfect" clone of Mew! It also makes sense because you wouldn't be able to take apart B/W Kyurem without the DNA splicers. So maybe they tie into the storyline again, so you can mix Mew and Mewtwo, and still be able to take apart and put together Kyurem. I mean, it looks like a Mew/Mewtwo mix!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
They probably hadn't finalized it yet, and thought they'd be new...but then decided to tie them to Kyurem and create the story? My best guess.
Yeah but at this point it seems like they've already decided that Mewbuu is a new Pokémon by itself.

What if this new Mew is a mix of Mewtwo and Mew? It's a more "perfect" clone of Mew! It also makes sense because you wouldn't be able to take apart B/W Kyurem without the DNA splicers. So maybe they tie into the storyline again, so you can mix Mew and Mewtwo, and still be able to take apart and put together Kyurem. I mean, it looks like a Mew/Mewtwo mix!
Actually...
Actually...

hey whoa that could be damn cool tbh. Except they kind of already did that with Kyurem?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Cyclone

They never would have added the data the way they did if it weren't finalized. The Kyurems were set in stone from day of release. The new Mewtwo thing is finished and done with concept and info wise on their end. So were the Kyurem Forms.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Yeah but at this point it seems like they've already decided that Mewbuu is a new Pokémon by itself.

Actually...
Actually...

hey whoa that could be damn cool tbh. Except they kind of already did that with Kyurem?

Maybe it's not main story, but a post game thing so you would be able to change Kyurem after you get the National Dex?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They never would have added the data the way they did if it weren't finalized. The Kyurems were set in stone from day of release. The new Mewtwo thing is finished and done with concept and info wise on their end. So were the Kyurem Forms.
What I meant is maybe they were intended as new entries in the Pokédex, but in the end they decided not to do it as such and instead kept them as is.

...you're onto something there.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Couldn't it also just be Gf trying to be dramatic here...I wouldn't put it past them...
The fusion of Mew and Mewtwo sounds interesting...what if this is actually a Mew forme xD

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I'm hoping it's a new pokemon altogether, just Mewthree.
Forms are cool and all, but the NA website states it as being a new pokemon, and I hope that GF doesn't change that. I'm especially interested to the see the anime's explanation of Mewthree...

Years
Due to this reveal I'm starting to think big things will happen in gen 6, including the storyline being really awesome this time around (after B/W/2 I'd hate to see them take a step back). I really think this "Mewthree" is a new pokemon altogether which I like. The poster for sure didn't do it any justice but now that the actual art is out, I dig it.

Years
Well the thing was crinkled at the time and it was partially covered up by the other cast for the movie.

I wonder if they'll reveal Mewfour soon too, or if this Mewthree will be the one with two forms as the movie site had two shapes below it and this only covers one...unless Mew is the other.

Years
The official site makes it sound like it will have some story behind it, calling it the continuation of the Legend of Mewtwo...we're suppose to uncover some secret behind it I think. Whether it's post game or pre is up in the air.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Y'all gotta watch the anime on April 18th for the movie preview then because it might well have some info on Mewbuu. ;)

mmm....I don't think this would be a legendary Pokemon by any means...though I could be wrong. Maybe it's a psuedo-legend of some sort? I don't imagine it playing any significant role in the story...
But iirc... Mew and Mewtwo didn't really have a significant role, and yet...?

Years
I still think that this "new" pokemon is a Mewtwo forme... it's called Mewtwo's awakening so perhaps this is Mewtwo's "Perfect forme" having awaken it's true power and having gained full control over them, no longer needing to seclude itself inside a cave.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It looks like a smaller cuter version of Mewtwo with it's tail attached to it's head. It's growing on me. Im very interested in the fact that The Pokemon Company is calling this a different Pokemon, hiding it's name and insisting it's related to Mewtwo but is different than it. Have they done this with new formes in the past. I know Japan calls them seperate Pokemon but TCPi generally dosent. Its just kinda strange.

Back