• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Nakala Pri

I suppose Dragon Types have their uses, but finding a Haxerous/Gible is gonna be tough. :/ I'll do my best. I'll test Aipom (as soon as I catch that little doofus) then if I am satisfied, I will keep him... if not... well... it better get used to the PC for a couple of years... eheheheheheehehe!!! >:D

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Good HGSS Team?

Here's my team in Heart Gold:

Palkia Lv. 100
Giratina Lv. 100
MewTwo Lv. 91
Ho-Oh Lv. 100
Arceus Lv. 100
Raikou Lv. 94

Any thoughts?
Also, which is the best out of all the Beasts? Should I switch out Ho-Oh with one of the Birds?

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Oh wow, you seem to like using Legendarys (I avoid using them u,u) I'd say that the best thing to do is to keep in Ho-Oh as its one of the few physicals on your team, and maybe get out Palkia or Giratina for a more physical pokemon (Dragonite)

Cynthia ™

Champion
Years
Beginner Team V.2

I accidentally posted in the wrong Forum yesterday, asking about a Beginner Team. However, after reading the post and discussing it with my Friends; they suggested that instead of all 6 slots, I focus on 3.

Riolu, Oshawott/Snivy, and Mareep.

or

Riolu, Oshawott/Snivy, and Pidove.

Nakala Pri

So, I hopped on my Nintendo DS and put in Pearl (NOT stolen from my sister :D) And had a look for Pokemon around the area you're up to. Here's what I found, the pickings were pretty slim. SPOILER:
Spoiler:

Shinx: Yes

Budew: Roserade is good.

Misdreavus: I found this in Eterna Forest at nighttime. Currently using one in Pokemon Colosseum nicknamed Daria, I like her :) You can evolve her into Mismagius, since this is 4th gen.

Chimchar: Keep him for now at least, I don't like the design but at least you'll sweep Gardenia easy. Also, a fighting type move might help you with more coverage later.

Bidoof: Useful for HM slaving. You want him, don't deny ;)

Others found: Wurmple, Silcoon, Dustox, Machop, Gastly, Cleffa (could replace Misdreavus but needs trade to evolve to Gengar), Meditite, Ponyta (could replace Chimchar), Buneary, Chingling! (found at night, not strong but I love Chimecho <3)

Sounds okay. I just defeated Gardenia now I am in Hearthome city and stuff. I have a Misdreavus so I can replace somebody else in my party. I want a Gengar but it can wait. :P Is a Meditite a good choice? :P Also, I dislike Bidoof. Not in looks, but in strength. It is kind of weak and it doesn't have very good stats. Would Cleffa be a good? :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Gym Leader Rozu, alienhunterx, and O07_eleven: In-game team help with incomplete/pending teams belong here, so I moved the posts.

Moved~

bigjon357

Ok, so heres a b/w team at L56 atm. i need help with moves. anything else u want to add is also useful. Thanks:)

Glalie-Bashful with:icebeam,blizzard,iceshard,hail.

Gengar-Relaxed With:hypnosis,dreameater,shadowball,destiny bond.
Zoroark-modest :darkpulse,counter,nightslash,foulplay.

Gastrodon-Jolly: earthquake,recover,couter,mirrorcoat.

skymory-serious: fly,skyattack,nightslash,steelwing

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Hey there! :)

In my opinion, I've always been quite good at playing through the storyline and post-game, but my weakest point has always been teambuilding. Since I have recently deleted my save file as I haven't played it for months, I think I'm going to play Pokèmon White 2 again!

The only 3 things I need/want are Tepig (of course Emboar later on in the game), a team that will give success in many of the Gyms and the Pokèmon League and an idea of movesets.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Lucario, Eelektross, Krookodile, Vaporeon, Espeon =)
And replace Tepig with Volcarona ;)
This team will let you win anything with ease.

But you should play with your favorites to enjoy the game more.

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
Lucario, Eelektross, Krookodile, Vaporeon, Espeon =)
And replace Tepig with Volcarona ;)
This team will let you win anything with ease.

But you should play with your favorites to enjoy the game more.

Ooops, sorry! I forgot to add in to the post that I am also in need of some live sets, I'll edit that in now!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey there!

I did post this in the In-Game Team Questions Thread, but according to Srinator that was in the wrong place and told me to make a thread instead.

In my opinion, I've always been quite good at playing through the storyline and post-game, but my weakest point has always been teambuilding. Since I have recently deleted my save file as I haven't played it for months, I think I'm going to play Pokèmon White 2 again!

The only 5 things I need/want are Tepig (of course Emboar later on in the game), a Pokémon for flying but hopefully not a HM Slave, some sort of Water type for surfing and other moves like that and possibly a HM Slave, a team that will give success in many of the Gyms and the Pokèmon League and an idea of movesets.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back