• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my X/Y Sun Team

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
006-my.png

Rhaegar (m)
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
Item: Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe

003-f.png

Venus (f)
-Growth
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake
Nature: Rash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP/252 SAtk/232 Spe

530.png

Digger (m)
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
Item: Assault Vest
EVs: 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SDef

038.png

Isis (f)
-Fire Blast
-Will-o-Wisp
-Substitute
-Solar Beam
Item: Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP/8 SAtk/252 Spe

196.png

Jasmine (f)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
Ability: Magic Bounce
Item: Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe

149.png

Lance (m)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
Item: Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Timid is pointless if you're using Earthquake, as it weakens its power. Charizard Y should use a Hasty nature if that's the case.

Ninetales is better off using Pain Split as a form of recovery over Solar Beam. It needs the survivability more than the coverage.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I don't understand the purpose of having Earthquake on 3 different Pokémon, two of which are special attackers. Can you tell me why you have it on all three? It only gets STAB on one Pokémon and neither of the others are even invested into Atk, then you add the Atk decreasing Nature.

EDIT: You have Earthquake on 4 Pokémon. For lack of a better option my first thoughts would be Pain Split on Ninetails as Platinum said, Roost on Charizard instead of Earthquake, Synthesis on Venusaur instead of Earthquake.

That gives all three of them recovery while removing the meaningless moves. Synthesis should work great for recovery on a Sun team.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
P sure its to nail stuff like Chandalure, Tyranitar and Heatran which cause immense issues to sun team.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Timid is pointless if you're using Earthquake, as it weakens its power. Charizard Y should use a Hasty nature if that's the case.

Ninetales is better off using Pain Split as a form of recovery over Solar Beam. It needs the survivability more than the coverage.

Thanks for the advice man. I've bred and trained up another Charizard, Hasty Nature this time and Ninetales now has Pain Split.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I don't understand the purpose of having Earthquake on 3 different Pokémon, two of which are special attackers. Can you tell me why you have it on all three? It only gets STAB on one Pokémon and neither of the others are even invested into Atk, then you add the Atk decreasing Nature.

EDIT: You have Earthquake on 4 Pokémon.

It's like Dark Azelf said, to nail stuff like Chandalure, Tyranitar and Heatran which cause immense issues to sun team.

Years
If you want your charizard with earthquake, you probably better off with Charizard X, adamant/jolly nature, or a Hasty Charizard Y nature. Like Platinumdude say, it is a waste to have it with timid nature.

1. Timid is +speed/-Attack
2. Earthquake is a physical attack.

so you probably won't do that much damage, also lately, a lot of heatrans have air balloon

Firepunch or thunder punch, or superpower will be nice on Dragonite. You have weakness to water type Pokemons. Knowing that Greninja/Crewitze/Blastoise(and Mega) can learn dark pulse.

Earthquake won't say the day. Just keep two Pokemons with earthquake. Four is just too much

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If you want your charizard with earthquake, you probably better off with Charizard X, adamant/jolly nature, or a Hasty Charizard Y nature. Like Platinumdude say, it is a waste to have it with timid nature.

1. Timid is +speed/-Attack
2. Earthquake is a physical attack.

so you probably won't do that much damage, also lately, a lot of heatrans have air balloon

Firepunch or thunder punch, or superpower will be nice on Dragonite. You have weakness to water type Pokemons. Knowing that Greninja/Crewitze/Blastoise(and Mega) can learn dark pulse.

Earthquake won't say the day. Just keep two Pokemons with earthquake. Four is just too much

He kinda needs to keep Chairzard as Charizard Y. It's a sun team, and you really shouldn't leave the sun-making to just Ninetales.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I agree with Krystia's suggestion of removing Earthquake on two Pokémon. I understand how it is important to have on a Sun team I think it's too much. You can leave it on your two Physical Attackers and leave your Special Attackers without it.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I agree with Krystia's suggestion of removing Earthquake on two Pokémon. I understand how it is important to have on a Sun team I think it's too much. You can leave it on your two Physical Attackers and leave your Special Attackers without it.

Earthquake actually works on Venusaur, since Growth increases both Attack and Special Attack. Though maybe he could take Earthquake off of either Charizard or Dragonite...

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
earthquake on dragonite is legit it takes down steel types that resist fire punch like empoleon

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Thanks for the advice everybody. I've taken it all under consideration and this is my final team:

006-my.png

Rhaegar (m)
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Roost
Item: Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe

003-f.png

Venus (f)