• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Join Avenue

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Anoter new feature in B2W2: basically a build-your-own shopping mall that capitalizes on the new wireless communication features! When you meet someone through Wifi, there's a possibility they will show up on your Avenue and you can invite them to set up a shop there!

So, what did you think of it? Did you ever use it? And, most importantly, what nickname did your assistants call you?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I thought that Join Avenue was another great feature that Black2/White2 had that should be in future games. Besides the fact that managing your own shopping mall thing is a nice side thing to do, some of the shops you could get were really useful, like the beauty salon (for increasing a Pokemon's happiness) or the dojo (for extra EV training since it could be a little slow in Gen 5).

I don't really get why the owner just makes the first random person he meets the manager of it though.....doesn't sound like a good business practice to me.

And, most importantly, what nickname did your assistants call you?
Sexy Beast. For the lulz.

Years
Moral of the story: just give some 10-13 year old (or however old Nate and Rosa are) kid that waltzes in ownership of your avenue. Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me.

But that aside, I really enjoyed this, I got a lot of visitors in Join Avenue in my main White 2 game and i've had some in a few of my other plays even without Wi-Fi, but in my main game all eight of my shops are maxed out at Level 10. I named myself "Scoot Dog", which is a pun on my real name (how original right). I liked getting a ton of extra level-ups, EVs and items. I even remember one student at my community college who said something about how Emerald had those EV-reducing berries, and I told him about the Salons which can be used to reduce EVs. My Join Avenue is around Level 80, close to there I think.

Although one thing I dislike is how misleading what some of the customers will say - for example, they'll say "Take me somewhere! Anywhere!" and I take them to I think a shop with a female clerk and they say it's not what they had in mind. Well don't say "anywhere" if it's not what you had in mind, dude :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Sexy Beast. For the lulz.
lol. I think mine just called me Boss. :P

My Join Avenue is around Level 80, close to there I think.

Wow, that's pretty high up there! I never really got that far, maybe into the 20s or lower. I didn't really like to invest a lot of time in my Avenue, since I had so many copies of Gen 5 games that if I really wanted something, chances are I already had it in another and I wouldn't need to do anything in the Avenue to get it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Cannot remember what I was called D:

I was sporadic with Join Avenue. I wasn't into it at first, but then I decided to set up some stores with people that I traded with and it turns out you can get valuable stuff. I had like three or four raffle booths and always tried to win the top prize (Master Ball?) every day -- too bad the best thing I could win was the berry juice haha. But I think its location is terribly inconvenient. You have to walk through that mile-long hallway just to get into Nimbasa City >_>

Although one thing I dislike is how misleading what some of the customers will say - for example, they'll say "Take me somewhere! Anywhere!" and I take them to I think a shop with a female clerk and they say it's not what they had in mind. Well don't say "anywhere" if it's not what you had in mind, dude :P

I would bet that the sole purpose of those customers was to be taken to any shop that they didn't want to go to :V

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
My fav part was getting it completely maxed training my pokemon and getting them groomed and the challenge of gettkng my nursery to the best it can be

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
You know what's a bit sad though? With the shutdown of the DS WiFi and pretty much everyone migrating to X/Y and ORAS, there's a lot less people strolling through your Join Avenue now. Kinda sucks that we'll never see a high level of traffic in our avenues again....

It also makes it hard to level up your shops.

Years
All the shops in my Join Avenue are maxed out, and I also have one of each. My Join Avenue itself is Level 33-ish. I like Join Avenue because taking an egg to the nursery and hatching it right away is so much easier than biking around on Route 3, and the Dojo is an easy way to EV train. As for what my employees call me, they call me DethMchine.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I literally never used Join Avenue. But I had the assistants call me Master...I'm uncreative.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I loved Join Avenue. Honestly, it's a feature that should return to future games, and be a little more fleshed out with WI-Fi capabilities. I actually 100% completed Join Avenue last year. Join Avenue was a great help for you Journey. Especially the Training Dojo's that they had. It was basically a Rare Candy that won't negatively affect your Pokemon's Stats. I got a master Ball about 8 times when doing the raffles. I especially found the Mart special. Moo Moo Milk :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Join Avenue is actually something that I enjoyed. Although I didn't have WiFi access, I was still able to progress, although at a slow pace. I believe my assistants called me by my real name. Yeah, not really creative. At the moment, I have all the shops except the nursery, which I haven't yet unlocked because of my low avenue level. My shops aren't fully maxed out yet; my highest levelled shop is Level 3. I loved how the shops are actually useful. They either offer you items which can come in handy as well as services such as EV trainers and friendliness increasers. The raffles were fun too! I haven't won any Master Balls yet though. Maybe one day I will.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I got a master Ball about 8 times when doing the raffles. I especially found the Mart special. Moo Moo Milk :D

Does your luck increase as you level up or are you just really lucky Nakasu? because 8 times is a lot, I don't think I've won a Maserball in any game raffle haha.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Does your luck increase as you level up or are you just really lucky Nakasu? because 8 times is a lot, I don't think I've won a Maserball in any game raffle haha.

Im sure the chances increse the more you level up Join Avenue and the more you try. Since I had 2 Raffle places my chances were a little higher. It took me two years of playing the raffle just to get those master balls. XD

Years
I have used Join Avenue quite a lot albeit without the wi-fi boosts. In fact I got to a very high level in Black 2 before the save file corrupted which really sucks, but I hope I can build up my White 2's Join Avenue to get to the same point.

My fave shops were the ones that you could buy essential items in bulk, such as Moomoo Milks. The salons were also nice for raising your happiness in a hurry.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Join Avenue was too good. It was a great outlet to just get my Pokémon the right EV's and since I had alot of money from selling the ancient artofacts found in the Underwater Ruins, I was set. And I used Wi-Fi alot, so people I battled ran the shops :p

Years
Join_Avenue_entrance_B2.png

In Black 2 & White 2, we were introduced to a new feature, a shopping strip between Route 4 and Nimbasa City called Join Avenue. You recommend people that pass through to your shops or invite people to open their own shops in your avenue, and as you recommend people you can build up popularity points and upgrade which gives you access to more stuff. Each shop has different items you can buy, and these get more variety as you upgrade your shops.

That said, did you use this feature? Would you ever want to see anything like it brought back in a future generation?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think that I used it much at first on my first playthrough of Black 2 but I used it a lot more later in the game. There were some nice shops in there like the beauty salons that would raise friendship and the dojos that would give your Pokemon some levels or EVs (I think that one of the other shops could do that too) and the berry shop. Though there was also that one store that seemed to give out little more than Hard Stones =/

It's too bad that WiFi's no longer a thing for the DS games so you can't use it to it's full potential anymore. They should include in it future games that actually still have WiFi capability.

Still don't get though why the owner just makes the first person he comes across the manager.....you should be glad it was me that you hired Mr.Owner. You could've gotten someone pretty bad.

Years
My Join Avenue in my main White 2 version is over Level 95 I think, and sometimes i'll erase old shops that I find not necessary or wanting to replace with something new. It was nice being able to get stuff like berries and so many items, including the nursery, on a whim.

If they ever gave us something like this again, it'd be neat, so i'd be down for it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
To this day I still do not understand how it works. The only thing I've ever figured out was how to play the lottery and change my phrases.

I feel so bad for the owner, he picked such a negligent manager. :P

Years
I had loads of fun with Join Avenue! Since I never had anyone to play with, I was always at the mercy of the AIs that came everyday to level it up. I would be so pumped if they would bring it back cause it's like the only feature I've ever cared about in Pokemon.

Back