• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'll do it, Houndoomed. I began to develop Aquamarine, but a system re-format completely lost the game. I'd love it if I could take over from this astonishing project.

It is an asset to you and your team, and you will be greatly missed in the Dev scene when gone.

Thanks. I was thinking of maybe handing the game over to you, but do you think you'd be up to it? You'd need to continue the storyline exactly as I have it, and it may continue into a sequel or maybe even two. Also, I've asked Sprite Killer if she'd like to have a go at it, and she's currently trying out RMXP and Pokemon Essentials. Do you think you guys could work out a way to work with each other?

I voted on "It's looking great". The screenshots are pretty good, and I especially love the look of the PokéDex. I see that you've done quite some good work with your fakemon too. How long did that take you?

Now, coming to the only part which I didn't like: The story. I mean, it's not bad, but it's pretty generic for the most part. See:

Thanks. I'll be replying to the comments you gave in the same order.

This part of the story has been changed. You now get your starter Pokemon first, and THEN the professor is kidnapped.

You are not alone in the quest of finding Giovanni. You go along with your 12 year old cousin, Clair, who is also from the games. Basically you start off by talking to locals and seeing if they have any information about Professor Maple.

No, Giovanni. Unless Prof. Maple has had a sex change that I haven't heard of :p

And again, Giovanni.

Well, what do you call the story in all of the other games? A 10 year old setting off alone an a dangerous journey to become a Pokemon Master isn't very original either.. I think Lance and Clair know what they're doing.

----

The storyline has changed a bit since then. I'll be updating the first post with all of the new information shortly.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Ah. I see. But honestly, I don't really like the story in the actual games either. It's not realistic. Playername and Clair should have a valid reason for searching for the professor; otherwise why not just leave it to the cops?

I'll give you my opinion about what should do now, as I'm not going to rant without giving absolutely any ideas: Scrap the "News Report" thing.
Instead, make some assistant come running into your house telling you that people with _____ colored clothes came into the lab and kidnapped the professor. You go to complain to somebody with a higher authority, but they don't believe you and think you're playing some kind of prank on them. So with that, you leave for your adventure to get the professor back.

There, you have a valid reason for the player running after the professor rather than somebody else who's a lot more experienced than he is. That's just a sketch though, so you'll need to improvise on it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Of course I'd be up to it, Houndoomed :) I'm sure that Sprite Killer and I could co-develop if she is interested, a bit like you and Asuran did.

You see, the problem with Aquamarine is that I couldn't get people to help me out, which is why it began to slow down. But with this, we already have a team, and it will be picking up pace constantly. Also, this is seconded only by Acanthite, if you ask me. And I'm not just saying that. It has been my opinion for months.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Ah. I see. But honestly, I don't really like the story in the actual games either. It's not realistic. Playername and Clair should have a valid reason for searching for the professor; otherwise why not just leave it to the cops?

I'll give you my opinion about what should do now, as I'm not going to rant without giving absolutely any ideas: Scrap the "News Report" thing.
Instead, make some assistant come running into your house telling you that people with _____ colored clothes came into the lab and kidnapped the professor. You go to complain to somebody with a higher authority, but they don't believe you and think you're playing some kind of prank on them. So with that, you leave for your adventure to get the professor back.

There, you have a valid reason for the player running after the professor rather than somebody else who's a lot more experienced than he is. That's just a sketch though, so you'll need to improvise on it.

Thanks for that. I'll change some things around before I leave :)

Of course I'd be up to it, Houndoomed I'm sure that Sprite Killer and I could co-develop if she is interested, a bit like you and Asuran did.

You see, the problem with Aquamarine is that I couldn't get people to help me out, which is why it began to slow down. But with this, we already have a team, and it will be picking up pace constantly. Also, this is seconded only by Acanthite, if you ask me. And I'm not just saying that. It has been my opinion for months.

I think that sounds like a good idea. I've asked Sprite Killer, and she seems up to it. You'll need to give me time to figure out things like what details I should give you, the storyline etc.

EDIT: I've already edited most of the storyline already. Check the first post and tell me what you think :).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks, I like it a lot more too :)

I'll be leaving every forum I'm a member on as well. I wish I didn't have to do it, but it's for my own good.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wait dont tell me. Your parents are sending you to military school or thye cops are on your hide. Which of the 2? And this better be the best beta or your a liar.

Archayos

Years
Perhaps I know why he's leaving. Seeing as how he's 14, I assume that he's leaving to prepare for his final board exams. I'll be doing the same a year later.

@Houndoomed: You had better give us some proper reasons in the farewell thread! Don't just disappear on us.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yeah exams are important but not to leave a thread forever. I will be leaving soon until the 20th of june cause of exams. But anyway its good that it will be continued.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Don't worry, I'll be making a VERY long farewell post and you'll be lucky if you ever get to finish reading it :P

I think it's time to let you in on more of the storyline. If you don't want a big part of the game spoiled, don't click the spoiler.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Big edit to first post! Next update is the Pokédex.

Last edited:

Archayos

Years
That... that's amazing. I loved that bit of the story. It qualifies as the least generic part of a Pokemon game AND is the bottleneck of your story. By just reading that, I can tell that this game is going to be amazing.

Also, are you just leaving every forum, or the whole internet in general? Also, is this temporary (by saying temporary, it can even go upto 3 years lol), or are you seriously NEVER going to come back?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Uh, I think that we have all positions for spriter filled, to be honest. Do you have examples of your sprites anyway?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Sprites are pixel works done on the computer, not with a pencil... so I'm afraid I'll have to refuse.

Houndoomed hasn't left yet.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
Years
Yay a female prof!! i thought no one would come up with that.
Are you looking for legendaries? I have so many ideas but I can't draw on the PC very well :(
Well good luck I'm looking forward to this

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2008
Houndoomed, I noticed you added a new Light Type. I'm making a Ruby hack, and I was wondering how I would go about adding my own custom types. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
This is not a hack, this is a Game Development. Nothing to do with HACK!
Anyway, we are still waiting for Houndoom for the Pokedex update!

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2008
Well someone got a hold of a sour PokeBlock didn't they?

If you want me gone that bad, why don't YOU answer my question.

Besides, read Houndoomed's website. He's really busy with schoolwork. I only posted my question because the project I'm working on isn't even off the ground yet, and I have months before I need an answer.

Oh, and btw, I never called Scarlet a hack. I said Iwas working on one and would like input on how to add Types to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back