• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
For the issue with the DS game thing. The Gamestop near where I work only has 20 games on their DS list. about 15 of them have a 3DS counterpart. There are no games on that list PAST November 2012.

Gamestop has games on their list up to a year and a half before we even get street dates for the games. Majority of the games coming out for the DS this year are the small, never gunna hear about games, with like 5 big titles. This list has been progressively shrinking within the last four month that I've checked it.

As for Nintendo doesn't control where games are put, that is wrong. Nintendo has more control over what games come for what console than the publishing company does. IF Nintendo were to demand Pokemon Black and White to be made for the 3DS then Black and White WOULD have been made for the 3DS or Gamefreak would have lost the only console they produced on.

We wouldn't have lost Pokemon on Nintendo as there are at least four other developmental companies that make Pokemon Games. Gamefreak HAS put a game onto the 3DS now as well. They can make 3DS games and most likely have to make 3DS games now as Nintendo is putting majority of its support into the 3DS.

And Nintendo does have a software team that makes games itself. Mario is exclusive to Nintendo, the Company, and all rights to make a Mario game must be granted from Nintendo.

So yes, if Nintendo says Gamefreak has to make the next Pokemon Game for the 3DS then they have to.

As for Smash next Month, I haven't seen anything that said Matsuda was appearing on it. There hasn't been any Smash updates since the release of B2W2 in Japan. If anything it could be just an interview on B2W2 as well as a possible Event for the game. Those are the most likely scenarios right now.

IllusDark8

Persoanlly, I honestly think that the game will be coming out in 2013 and have graphics similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Maganite and the Infinite Labyrinth. Think about it. In 1994, Green and Red Version were developed and were re-released as Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen in 2004 for the Gameboy Advance. Same goes with Pokemon Gold and Silver, being released in 2000 and then re-released as Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2010. Wouldn't Game Freak follow the same pattern for the next little while having Ruby and Sapphire being released in 2003 and then re-release it in 2013. Same for Diamond and Pearl with Re-Releases in 2017. What do you think?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Persoanlly, I honestly think that the game will be coming out in 2013 and have graphics similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Maganite and the Infinite Labyrinth. Think about it. In 1994, Green and Red Version were developed and were re-released as Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen in 2004 for the Gameboy Advance. Same goes with Pokemon Gold and Silver, being released in 2000 and then re-released as Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2010. Wouldn't Game Freak follow the same pattern for the next little while having Ruby and Sapphire being released in 2003 and then re-release it in 2013. Same for Diamond and Pearl with Re-Releases in 2017. What do you think?
Gs came out in 1999
Rs came out in 2002
Dp came out in 2006

Always use Japan's dates.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
XanderO said:
As for Nintendo doesn't control where games are put, that is wrong. Nintendo has more control over what games come for what console than the publishing company does. IF Nintendo were to demand Pokemon Black and White to be made for the 3DS then Black and White WOULD have been made for the 3DS or Gamefreak would have lost the only console they produced on.
Masuda has said that GameFreak is the one that controls what system the games are released on. Three companies are in control of the Pokemon Franchise: Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak... Nintendo may make the hardware and publish the title, but it doesn't have complete control over it. Creatures (a first party developer) hasn't been involved in development since Red/Blue. Game Freak (a second party developer) has been in charge of the main series since the beginning. Nintendo has less control over them.

XanderO said:
We wouldn't have lost Pokemon on Nintendo as there are at least four other developmental companies that make Pokemon Games. Gamefreak HAS put a game onto the 3DS now as well. They can make 3DS games and most likely have to make 3DS games now as Nintendo is putting majority of its support into the 3DS.
I don't know where you're getting this from. Why would we have lost Pokemon on Nintendo? Nintendo owns part of Pokemon. As for development on the 3DS...of course they can make games for the 3DS...why even mention it. It's not about the ability the develop for it.

XanderO said:
And Nintendo does have a software team that makes games itself. Mario is exclusive to Nintendo, the Company, and all rights to make a Mario game must be granted from Nintendo.
THEY ARE A SECOND PARTY DEVELOPER. THEY ARE NOT OWNED BY NINTENDO. They make games exclusively for Nintendo, the majority of the games they make are Pokemon. They obviously have contracts with Nintendo, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are bound by what Nintendo dictates in the respect of console choice.

If they wanted to, they could release another game for the DS. The DS being replaced by the 3DS, yes, but the same thing happend with the PS2/PS3 and games were released for it YEARS after it should have died out. It all depends on the demand for games.

IllusDark8

Rs came out in 2002
Dp came out in 2006

Always use Japan's dates.

Same goes with the Japanese dates... It still works ether way. As for Red and Green you have to go according to the Development sadly....

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
For the issue with the DS game thing. The Gamestop near where I work only has 20 games on their DS list. about 15 of them have a 3DS counterpart. There are no games on that list PAST November 2012.

Gamestop has games on their list up to a year and a half before we even get street dates for the games. Majority of the games coming out for the DS this year are the small, never gunna hear about games, with like 5 big titles. This list has been progressively shrinking within the last four month that I've checked it.

So yes, if Nintendo says Gamefreak has to make the next Pokemon Game for the 3DS then they have to.

As for Smash next Month, I haven't seen anything that said Matsuda was appearing on it. There hasn't been any Smash updates since the release of B2W2 in Japan. If anything it could be just an interview on B2W2 as well as a possible Event for the game. Those are the most likely scenarios right now.

Nintendo isn't stupid ,Pokemon is its second highest grossing franchise , so it's not going to throw its weight around just for the heck of it. I'm pretty sure they trust game freak to know when to put there games of a next platform. If it was put on the 3ds it would have to stay similar so there could be direct trades between it and BW2 and for battling purpose . If they are going to put the remakes on the 3ds just for the sake of having them there I'd rather them just wait till gen 6. Gen 5 would just be holding the remakes from its full potential if its put on the 3ds. Now what could help is if they made a Pokemon grey ( remix of BW2) and a emerald remake for the 3ds and just release them together. It could be a testing ground for main games for the 3ds . It could be kinda like a Gen 5.5. If they did that In fully 3d I wouldn't mind waiting till 2015 for gen 6

IllusDark8

Nintendo isn't stupid ,Pokemon is its second highest grossing franchise , so it's not going to throw its weight around just for the heck of it. I'm pretty sure they trust game freak to know when to put there games of a next platform. If it was put on the 3ds it would have to stay similar so there could be direct trades between it and BW2 and for battling purpose . If they are going to put the remakes on the 3ds just for the sake of having them there I'd rather them just wait till gen 6. Gen 5 would just be holding the remakes from its full potential if its put on the 3ds. Now what could help is if they made a Pokemon grey ( remix of BW2) and a emerald remake for the 3ds and just release them together. It could be a testing ground for main games for the 3ds . It could be kinda like a Gen 5.5. If they did that In fully 3d I wouldn't mind waiting till 2015 for gen 6

Correction, Pokemon is the 3rd Most Highest Grossing Franchise. Mario is 1st and Zelda in 2nd. Sorry...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Masuda has said that GameFreak is the one that controls what system the games are released on. Three companies are in control of the Pokemon Franchise: Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak... Nintendo may make the hardware and publish the title, but it doesn't have complete control over it. Creatures (a first party developer) hasn't been involved in development since Red/Blue. Game Freak (a second party developer) has been in charge of the main series since the beginning. Nintendo has less control over them.

Uh...TPC controls Pokemon as well, more aspects of Pokemon than Gamefreak does. Genius Sonority and Chun Soft also develop games. And yes Nintendo dictates what games come out for what system. If they don't want any more games for an older system, then they tell the company developing it to switch to the newer system. And Nintendo has complete control over them. Nintendo is the platform they make games for so if they want to be able to sell their games, the producing company of the system controls what gets what.

I don't know where you're getting this from. Why would we have lost Pokemon on Nintendo? Nintendo owns part of Pokemon. As for development on the 3DS...of course they can make games for the 3DS...why even mention it. It's not about the ability the develop for it.

Learn to read please. I said if Gamefreak were pulled out of the Pokemon development francise for not meeting what Nintendo wanted, we wouldn't be out Pokemon games because Pokemon games are made by other companies as well.

THEY ARE A SECOND PARTY DEVELOPER. THEY ARE NOT OWNED BY NINTENDO. They make games exclusively for Nintendo, the majority of the games they make are Pokemon. They obviously have contracts with Nintendo, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are bound by what Nintendo dictates in the respect of console choice.

The entirety of the Mario Franchise is owned SOLELY by Nintendo. The Developers and Publishers for Mario is Nintendo. Yes the Consol Company dictates where the games go and what requirements they have to meet.

Monster Hunter Tri, which was originally to be released for the PlayStation 3 could not meet the Production costs or graphics needed for the system so Sony dropped their contract. To save the game they went to Nintendo who made them lower their graphic content as well as a lot of future additions to the game because what they had was too large. Nintendo made the developing company change certain aspects to their game to be able to publish the game. Nintendo has complete control over what gets published and for what system to publish it on. If the games do not meet Nintendo's standards, they are not published.

If they wanted to, they could release another game for the DS. The DS being replaced by the 3DS, yes, but the same thing happend with the PS2/PS3 and games were released for it YEARS after it should have died out. It all depends on the demand for games.

You are talking about two different companies with two separate policies concerning older systems.

Sony will continue to produce games for older consoles until sales for those consoles completely stop. Nintendo does not do this. Once a new console is released, there is a brief stress period where all companies are made to finish production on their games or switch to the next console. Nintendo does not support their older consoles once they start making switches, All Nintendo specific games, those published and developed by Nintendo themselves are made solely for the new models and all of the old ones are forgotten until Nintendo gets tired of updating the older ones and decides to discontinue those models.

Nintendo is the only gaming company that does this. Sony is STILL producing a few PS2 and PSP games to date despite both consoles being officially discontinued for about a year. They aren't openly publicized, but if you know where to look you can usually find a release for an older console for Sony three or four years after the system is dead.

Nintendo is stricter with their publishing quality. If they deem a system out of date the cease all upcoming productions for the games and the companies that were working on them have to switch to the next generation.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Correction, Pokemon is the 3rd Most Highest Grossing Franchise. Mario is 1st and Zelda in 2nd. Sorry...

Actually if you look at the list of best-selling videogames if you take into account from the NES to the 3DS The Zelda franchise has sold over 45.64 4 million copies And the Pokémon franchise have sold over 144.77 1 million copies Even if I missed some Zelda games the difference between the two are 99.12 7 million copies or more than three times the amount of Zelda have sold so it is clear that Pokémon is much more valuable than ~

IllusDark8

Actually if you look at the list of best-selling videogames if you take into account from the NES to the 3DS The Zelda franchise has sold over 45.64 4 million copies And the Pokémon franchise have sold over 144.77 1 million copies Even if I missed some Zelda games the difference between the two are 99.12 7 million copies or more than three times the amount of Zelda have sold so it is clear that Pokémon is much more valuable than ~

That's an interesting Fun Fact.. I'm going to talk about this on Radio Nintendo :P

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
@XanderO

Directly from an interview with Masuda:

"Why are Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 on the old DS rather than the shiny, new 3DS?

As it turns out, the answer to this question reveals a core part of the development process for each new Pokemon game: deciding who the game is intended for.

"The primary goal is to get as many people as possible able to play the game," Masuda explains. "With the Nintendo DS, it's the handheld hardware system that the most people in the world have." Masuda says the team also wants to ensure that fans of the first Black and White releases would be able to play the sequel. "Those who played Black and White may not have a 3DS, but they definitely played on a regular DS."

Returning to the console choice question, Masuda explains to me that the Pokemon franchise is shared between three companies: Game Freak, Creatures, and Nintendo. Masuda says that despite the shared investment, no one forces them to design for a specific console or handheld, so it's up to Game Freak to decide when they want to move to the 3DS. The size of the 3DS user base remains a concern."

So there.

Edit: Heres the link to the article: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/17/3348288/pokemon

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
And that's complete BS because IF Nintendo wanted the Pokemon Games for the 3DS they would have been made for the 3DS. Gamefreak wouldn't have had the choice.

Matsuda has also denied things about B/W that was leaked before hand, when they turned out to be true simply because HE is not at liberty to give away details of their contract. Legally he cannot discuss anything about upcoming games, he can't even give a definitive hint to future games. He can even be fired for doing so by TPC who controls all aspects of "Pokemon".

Gamefreak is a Development company only and can only produce what the Producing company says for them to produce. If Nintendo, who OWNs rights to Pokemon through TPC (cause Nintendo owns TPC), says that Gamefreak has to make games for the 3DS then YES they have to make games for the 3DS as their contract holds them to do just that. They can only produce what Nintendo wants them to produce. They cannot produce a game for an older model Nintendo system just because they want to.

While this can be for any future Pokemon games, this holds true.

Though we derailed this more than enough.

When the companies want to remake the games, they will. The DS has nothing expected for it in 2013. None of the games listed went past November and most have 3DS counterparts as I said. The 3DS's list is huge.

I agree with the, I doubt they'll come out before 6th Gen though. We are pretty much over with 2012 so the ten year thing isn't plausible anymore. 2013 would be promising, but the recently added Spin off, it'll be hard to judge the time now unless they are late 2013 like Christmas late. If not, then 2015 after Gen 6.

And again...Only think I want back are full Contest capabilities...no Super Contest BS and an updated Hide out.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
And that's complete BS because IF Nintendo wanted the Pokemon Games for the 3DS they would have been made for the 3DS. Gamefreak wouldn't have had the choice.

Matsuda has also denied things about B/W that was leaked before hand, when they turned out to be true simply because HE is not at liberty to give away details of their contract. Legally he cannot discuss anything about upcoming games, he can't even give a definitive hint to future games. He can even be fired for doing so by TPC who controls all aspects of "Pokemon".

Gamefreak is a Development company only and can only produce what the Producing company says for them to produce. If Nintendo, who OWNs rights to Pokemon through TPC (cause Nintendo owns TPC), says that Gamefreak has to make games for the 3DS then YES they have to make games for the 3DS as their contract holds them to do just that. They can only produce what Nintendo wants them to produce. They cannot produce a game for an older model Nintendo system just because they want to.

While this can be for any future Pokemon games, this holds true.

Though we derailed this more than enough.

When the companies want to remake the games, they will. The DS has nothing expected for it in 2013. None of the games listed went past November and most have 3DS counterparts as I said. The 3DS's list is huge.

I agree with the, I doubt they'll come out before 6th Gen though. We are pretty much over with 2012 so the ten year thing isn't plausible anymore. 2013 would be promising, but the recently added Spin off, it'll be hard to judge the time now unless they are late 2013 like Christmas late. If not, then 2015 after Gen 6.

And again...Only think I want back are full Contest capabilities...no Super Contest BS and an updated Hide out.

He had an evidence to support his claims. Do you have any to support your claims of BS. Or are you just basing your arguments based on your own understanding and the information you know? ( knowledge of a way a business works)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Anyway...on to a different topic.

I'm really curious to how they would change the maps. They were differences in HGSS so I'm wondering if there'll be more or less of a difference. FRLG we pretty true to the originals, but I think HGSS made the games better by changing things up a bit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Masuda is going to be on Smash next month. Hopefully we get our answer.

Really? If so, next month seems like it's going to make it or break it then.

A part of me really wants these remakes to come to light. I do want to return the pokes I had since Sapphire to their "home" (From S - LF - E - P -Pt - HG -W - W2). It's been a long ride, but I think it's time to come home.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Where is this news that Masuda is going to be on Smash next month? I looked everywhere and it's not confirmed anywhere.

If it's true, it's definitely interesting as it must be game related. It won't be about Mystery Dungeon since that is developed by Chunsoft, not Game Freak.

EDIT: Found it. He posted it on his twitter. https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/247099456896520192 Translated, it says:
"Pokemon Smash soon! Started! ! 5:30 am I awake from jet lag today (laughs)!"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Where is this news that Masuda is going to be on Smash next month? I looked everywhere and it's not confirmed anywhere.

If it's true, it's definitely interesting as it must be game related. It won't be about Mystery Dungeon since that is developed by Chunsoft, not Game Freak.

EDIT: Found it. He posted it on his twitter. https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/247099456896520192 Translated, it says:
"Pokemon Smash soon! Started! ! 5:30 am I awake from jet lag today (laughs)!"

I don't see that as "Hi I'm gunna be on Pokemon Smash next Month."

He always says, Good Morning, Pokemon Smash today. Unless we get a Japanese speaker to clean up the translation.

Years
I don't see that as "Hi I'm gunna be on Pokemon Smash next Month."

He always says, Good Morning, Pokemon Smash today. Unless we get a Japanese speaker to clean up the translation.

The right message is another one.

On 13th September Masuda posted on his twitter account this:

みなさん、おはようございます!!いま出勤チュウです!昨日収録したポケモンスマッシュ!は10月に放送予定みたいです!いやー、しかし、、日本は本当に暑いですね(>_<)!負けずに頑張っていきましょう!!!

Translation via Google Translator says:

Good morning, everyone! ! Is in attendance now! Pokemon Smash I recorded yesterday! It seems to be broadcast in October! Well, but, it is really hot in Japan (> _ <)! I will work hard to not lose! ! !

So Masuda confirmed his appearance there in October.

There's a reason for him to be there, i think.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm gunna say...download event like what happened with Mewtwo XD.

At least this way we'll be expecting a little bit of possible let down.

@Syddy I doubt he'll go on to talk about a game that isn't his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back