• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Someone else told me this information here. According to them he admitted it on /vp/.

well that doesn't help much, they can't agree whether it was started on serebii forums or /vp/
still, thing with 4chan is, if they say something's true, it's most likely fake, if they say something's fake, then it's pretty much fake, most of the time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Anyone think we may get new footage from smash or will we be stuck with the same trailer from the official site? I'm hoping they reveal Sylveon's type, sure it wasn't revealed in Corocoro but maybe they wanted to keep it a secret...

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Anyone think we may get new footage from smash or will we be stuck with the same trailer from the official site? I'm hoping they reveal Sylveon's type, sure it wasn't revealed in Corocoro but maybe they wanted to keep it a secret...

I think the next smash will showcase what we already know and have the hosts talk about that information. The end of the episode will have something that shows they will reveal new information next time to get you to watch that episode. Before that episode comes out CoroCoro will have the information out there and Smash will do the same thing; repeat until games come out.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

Probably same trailer that was already shown, that's how they usually roll, plus they haven't subjected Shoko- I mean Sylveon to the other types yet.

blue

gucci
Years

Well they've already plastered the latest news on all of the international Pokémon websites and it was published in CoroCoro. I'm sure the huge news will cover some of what we already know but I'm sure that Junichi Masuda knew that four new Pokémon were going to be announced prior to the Pokémon Smash Episode on the 19th, he even made the announcement of appearing on the show a few days before the news was leaked. I do have a strong feeling we will finally know Sylveon's typing and hopefully a couple more little extra details on what we discovered this month.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Well, they've already plastered it on all of the international Pokémon websites, it was published in CoroCoro, I'm sure the huge news will cover some of what we already know but I'm sure that Junichi Masuda knew that four new Pokémon were going to be announced prior to the Pokémon Smash Episode on the 19th, he even made the announcement of appearing on the show a few days before the news was leaked. I do have a strong feeling we will finally know Sylveon's typing and hopefully a couple more little extra details on what we discovered this month.

You have to remember that episodes of Smash are filmed weeks before being aired, whilst corocoro is still being written, so the info won't really be any more than what we already know.

blue

gucci
Years
You have to remember that episodes of Smash are filmed weeks before being aired, whilst corocoro is still being written, so the info won't really be any more than what we already know.

True, but why would he make that announcement a few days before the news had surfaced? He made the announcement a couple of days before the news started to leak and the websites were updated before the episode of Smash was going to be aired, if this was planned why would Smash have some "Big News" to broadcast, it would just be repeating what we already know.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
True, but why would he make that announcement a few days before the news had surfaced? He made the announcement a couple of days before the news started to leak and the websites were updated before the episode of Smash was going to be aired, if this was planned why would Smash have some "Big News" to broadcast, it would just be repeating what we already know.

That big news is for their audience, young children, in Japan, alot of whom don't usually get to use pcs much and can only watch tv or play games, and so wouldn't have seen what we saw, so smash will be showing it to them.

blue

gucci
Years
That big news is for their audience, young children, in Japan, alot of whom don't usually get to use pcs much and can only watch tv or play games, and so wouldn't have seen what we saw, so smash will be showing it to them.

I suppose, I still think they will announce something extra though.. it has been heavily based around Sylveon the last couple of episodes.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I suppose, I still think they will announce something extra though.. it has been heavily based around Sylveon the last couple of episodes.

At most I think you will get 1-2 new things... But as it was said, the television is behind on information and usually is... I remember watching Smash for Black and White when "Big News" was coming, only for it being stuff I knew along time before that... I still predict we will get the same stuff with a tag at the end promoting the next episode having information we don't currently have, but that we will get before that episode itself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

Yeah I'm hoping this episode will be the culmination of all those episodes, if not then smash will be giving us strange hints and cosplaying as the eeveelutions for 2 more months...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And I'm expecting them to use the same video clip released by the official website, much like how the website used the same video clip of Newtwo from Smash.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
And I'm expecting them to use the same video clip released by the official website, much like how the website used the same video clip of Newtwo from Smash.

I still think the blue-eyed Mewtwo form will be revealed soon and showing off that each form is version exclusive. In the movie he will most likely change forms depending on the situation for whichever is best for that time. Do we know if the Mewtwo in the movie is the same Mewtwo from the first movie? With Giovanni and the ash becoming stone and the us all crying part?

Looks like this guy had the same idea as I did, but took longer than 10 minutes to make his speculation on the map...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
On that image, nice job by that user spotting the flower gardens in that exact shape in the south of the map. I didn't do a screen comparison with the map. Excellent work in most spots.

That purple crystal has my attention, too. I figure it's storyline-related, even if not directly related to Sylveon. It reminds me of Final Fantasy games that used that type of structure.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't see how the crystal would be related to Sylveon to be honest. I mean, it doesn't even have a shred of purple on it's body (at least not in any major way). Plus, for the most part, all the speculated new Fairy type Pokémon getting a type change aren't purple either (I'm probably missing an obvious one but the majority don't have any purple on them). Doesn't really seem like there'd be a connection. Plus fairies and crystals don't really go together in my mind, but maybe that's just me.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I really don't see how the crystal would be related to Sylveon to be honest. I mean, it doesn't even have a shred of purple on it's body (at least not in any major way). Plus, for the most part, all the speculated new Fairy type Pokémon getting a type change aren't purple either (I'm probably missing an obvious one but the majority don't have any purple on them). Doesn't really seem like there'd be a connection. Plus fairies and crystals don't really go together in my mind, but maybe that's just me.

Not everything has to be connected by color you know... I think he means how it magical, like a fairy would be... In games with mystical crystals you usually see sprites surrounding them, which are a type of fairy...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Not everything has to be connected by color you know... I think he means how it magical, like a fairy would be... In games with mystical crystals you usually see sprites surrounding them, which are a type of fairy...

That's why I added in that last sentence, because I realized it was all kind of just color theory there. But yes, I still don't really associate crystals with fairies. I can see the connection you're making, but I personally associate anything with crystals in games as more of just a thing that you collect. Of course, that's clearly not the case here (since it's an entire area based on it), but I don't really see it having any specific association with crystals.

Naturally, I could also be very wrong, so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back