• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Does anyone know how to change the battle gui?(the thing where the health and XP r located)

I really want to know :\

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
hey guys i really need help with this.anybody

. im replacing my main heroes
step one make the sprite done
step 2 index it to 16 colors, done
make sure its the right size done.

when i try to replace it it ends up all funky looking because of the palette. im not sure how in the worl to fix it or change the palete the game uses or w.e i need to do... totally lost and clueless= me

if it helps, somthing weird thats happening is this, when i write to rom, it doesnt say that the data is to big. it goes thru without me having to use fsf, which i dont think is bad but i know its not the case usually

(also one of the times i tried, it messed up the lil pikachu over the control instructions at the begining, i think it was a pal issue?) fire red btw

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
OK. Heres what you do. When importing OW click import pallette. You are using OW Editor RE right?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do I make a setmaptile script be permenant? Because if i leave the map and return, it's back to it's ordinary state. And yes, I used special 0x8E.

You can't have a permanent setmaptile. The map is loaded each time from the ROM. However, you could put a setmaptile in the map script.

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
Years
Um.. Okay..

I got 1 question:
Q. How do you insert your own custom tilemap to AdvanceMap's Block Editor?

I have the tiles! but their in .png format.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hmmm. I've had this question for almost a month. It has never been answered.

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

In addition to my previous problem, whenever I open up IconEd, I get the message "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch".
I get the program to open up, but when I load my ROM, it says that. I tried a clean ROM, and my hacked ROM. Any help here?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
OK. Heres what you do. When importing OW click import pallette. You are using OW Editor RE right?

no im not talking about ovwerworlds. im talking about the hero rival and oak sprites at the beggining of the game

Does anyone know how to change the battle gui?(the thing where the health and XP r located)

I really want to know :\

theyre in UNlz gba somewhere... i dont remeber where... i think theyre around 1975 or 1976

DOESW ANYONE KNOW THE OFFSET FOR THE PROFESSORS PALETTE IN APE?

Last edited:

EcoReck

Just that guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
I am planning on text editting the DS Games, but how do I do it? I extracted the Narc files from the ROMs, but where do I go from here?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
I am planning on text editting the DS Games, but how do I do it? I extracted the Narc files from the ROMs, but where do I go from here?
there arent really alot of tools for ds hackign yet. you can find some at wahackpokemon.com wack a hack (go to NDS tools)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
i dunno. i said check and see if there is one. i didnt say there wasnt one.
chances are they have some sort of expertise you do not

anyone. i need to know the location of the 1st and second pallattes for the female hero, oak, and the rival, in fire red, in ape

and the trainer card heroes, male and female in Unlz gba and ape

or if you know how to find it on your own thtd be helpful

EcoReck

Just that guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
ever herd of google translator

Obviously you haven't due to your bad english. Google Translation just transfers word by word, not grammar or phrases. Magius translates from the GSC Script. What I'm asking is how do I get into the ROM and edit the Japanese Text to make it say whatever I want.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Can't you use the pallette viewer in VBA?
yea but i need to EDIT them

ive tried opening it up in pallete viewer then saving it and opening it in ape using the searching thing but it says the pallete not found

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
huh? im LOOKING for the location in hex for or dec for it doesnt matter.
all i can do is use pallette viewer and save the pal. im trying to find it in APE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back