• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I won't be posting again until tomorrow, hope I won't have to catch up to much. I'd post tonight but I've been really tired lately, haven't been sleeping or eating well. I just have no energy and believe my bodies iron level to be low (knew it was going to happen been 11 months since I last ate red meat or poultry so I probably haven't been eating enough iron rich foods) because I've been experiencing several of the symptoms of it for a few weeks now.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Done! Shiren the Adorable becomes Shiren the One Weird Girl That One Time!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
so me and ichiro wrote a joint post. we're in the forest dungeons, bickering and stuff. I understand that some of you other guys are there too? so we could potentially run into each other?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
so me and ichiro wrote a joint post. we're in the forest dungeons, bickering and stuff. I understand that some of you other guys are there too? so we could potentially run into each other?

Robin, Lucina, Godot and Shiren are on their way there c: they could run into Pepperton and Titan if you and everyone else are okay with that ^^

Is there a little place for me to join or it's already full?

Sorry c: we are all full~ unless I can get ShinyDiamond/GM2 (this roleplay has two GM's) so far to open up another spot ^^ I will VM you once I got his answer.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
PinkSapphire said:
Sorry c: we are all full~ unless I can get ShinyDiamond/GM2 (this roleplay has two GM's) so far to open up another spot ^^ I will VM you once I got his answer.
Ok thanks. I'll be waiting for your VM.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Ichiro- we'll figure a way to interact if you want c:

ExtremeGamer took his reservation back
JNathan is reserved

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm sure Shiren could cause some sort of outburst somehow, and screw up everyone's plans.

For example, she shouts something preposterous and catches the attention of all of the monsters they're fighting, effectively ruining the aggro plan they had going.

Sapphire Rose

Years
As soon as ShinyDiamondand Machomuu posted we can start thinking about a proper interaction :3 I already got an idea though but that's just optional ofcourse c;

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I'm sure Shiren could cause some sort of outburst somehow, and screw up everyone's plans.

For example, she shouts something preposterous and catches the attention of all of the monsters they're fighting, effectively ruining the aggro plan they had going.

You do realise that isn't how you aggro in MMOs, right?

Unless sound has some sort of effect in SAO, Pink?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

>My Face When... No one realizes that I wasn't serious.

Sword-Art-Online-episode-13-tea.png

Sapphire Rose

Years

Sound does have some effect in SAO. When you start screaming towards monsters then they are most likely to find out about your hiding place (if you were hiding) and target you. Less agrresive monsters exist too, these monsters could be small rabbits and stuff and won't attack you unless you attack them. So... screaming towards this kind of monsters will only make you look stupid.

>My Face When... No one realizes that I wasn't serious.

Sword-Art-Online-episode-13-tea.png

error occurred: Your picture doesn't work. muw.ha.ha.ha

EDIT: It seems to work now.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Something I noticed in recent posts is that they reference attacks in SAO as having no pain, but wasn't there several mentions in the series of there actually being pain, it is, after all, neurological (the part of the brain that deals with pain and links to the Nervegear).
Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Something I noticed in recent posts is that they reference attacks in SAO as having no pain, but wasn't there several mentions in the series of there actually being pain, it is, after all, neurological (the part of the brain that deals with pain and links to the Nervegear).
Spoiler:
In the first episode of SAO, Kirito tells Klein that you cannot feel pain in SAO (for a reason that is probably similar to that of ALO. Having said that, Klein and Recon both feel pain on a number of occasions (well, Klein only once, but Recon...any time he's on screen). Now, since I've yet to read the Fairy Dance volumes of the Light Novel yet, but as far as the anime is concerned, we can assume that one can feel pain based on shock or a sensation that would hurt in real life and is inflicted too fast for the pain to be able differentiate between game and reality.

The Matrix depicts this pretty well...Alfheim and Sword Art Online spoilers:
Spoiler:

This is what puts a hole in...pretty much everything I've said. Having said that, Alfheim was rushed, very rushed, especially in comparison to SAO. They had a deadline to meet and they made a lot (and I mean A LOT) of changes, so it'd be best to rely on the Light Novel for the answers. For now, I'll chalk it up to being a rushed plot-hole. Or just a plot-hole in general.

Regarding Kirito's quote, the exact quote is, "Your attacks have no soul...the blades in that world hit harder...They hurt far more!" Given the context, I don't think he was being literal, I think he was merely boasting to undermine the pain and to undermine Oberon.

Last edited:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@Machomuu: I'll give you that one. That's a good explanation, and I honestly can't bring myself to like or read the light novels, which is weird because LNs are usually better. I suppose the whole concept of pain to begin with is rather abstract in a virtual sense. Pain is something that is caused from physical stimuli, but virtual reality has no true physical stimuli, only virtual stimuli. So, in the end it would make sense that it is only the brain's perception of shock based around a reinforced occurrence that creates the perception of pain, thus making it feel real. >_> I need to stop thinking about these kinds of things, it makes feel way too nerdy, even if it was a summary of what you said.

Back