• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks a lot Darthatron and Aeroshinobi, it's really appreciated! =)
It worked like a charm after that, and once again, awesome tools HackMew!

I also have a suggestion for A-Trainer. For sprites, the only way at the moment to have new trainer sprites is to replace an already existing one using Unlz, as far as I know. A-Trainer recognizes this, which is great, but I was hoping that there could be an option where you can insert an offset where you already inserted a sprite, similar to Darthatron's Pokemon Editor Pro.
The tool is already the best trainer editor out there, I was just thinking of ways that it can be even better =)

Would you mind elaborating a little?

Can you take a request? Maybe you could
A.)Make it so that (in unlz. gba) when you press enter the program doesn't close
b.)Have an option to go to an offset as opposed to a number
c.)Add bookmark options
d.)Move the .spr and .pal files to unlz.gba's folder
I know you didn't make unlz.gba but you have hacked it...Maybe you could make unlzhacked.gba v2.0? IDk just a thought of some nice ideas

Sorry but I don't have unLZ source code, so it's pretty impossible making all those things. I have hacked it, yes. But I've just done minor changes to the GUI and the resources, nothing else.

I Just Have A Suggestion; For Version 1.11 Of XSE I Think The msgbox tag should have remained

Code:
msgbox @pointer 
boxset 0x#
instead of merging the msgbox and boxset;

Code:
msgbox @pointer 0x1

I Also Pointed This Out Just To clear this out to confused people if they were confused :p

I have a quick question, in A-trainer, I'm trying to make an emerald hack, I wanted to change some Trainer battle music. Can anyone well me what the numbers are I have to enter for all the battle themes? Please and thank you in advance. ^^

Well.. In my opinion it's better to keep the 'original' too..
Though, it's quicker to use the new method ;)

Nope. The "new method" is just better. And I'll explain you why, it's quite simple. Till I released latest XSE, message/msgbox was basically an alias for loadpointer.

Code:
[B]msgbox[/B] @hello
callstd 0x2

Code:
[B]loadpointer 0x0[/B] @hello
callstd 0x2

The two examples below were exactly the same thing.
Now, instead, msgbox is a true construct. So:

Code:
msgbox @hello 0x2

which is still the same as

Code:
loadpointer 0x0 @hello
callstd 0x2

See? It's better and not just quickier. You just need to get used to it.

Thank you for this collection :D
I'll find this useful..

You're welcome :)

I can't get XSE to save the data into the game for some reason, I have tried to compile it. Help, please?

I also had that problem, King Mario. Despite what I did, sometimes it just wouldn't compile, and it would be wasting a lot of free space with multiple compilations. This is also an issue I would like to bring up.

My solution for it was to manually replace the offsets that XSE gave me into the script and it worked fine after that. I hope that helps the others who have been getting this problem.

May be a bug... which script(s) were you using? What version of XSE? Did you have any other programs opened beside XSE? What operative system were you using? How to reproduce the problem? Please provide as much details as possible.

And cyberzero, please read the guide. I've clearly explained some new directives like #clean, #removeall etc. which will help you not wasting space in any case.

HackMew, The problems I had have a really really simple solution: it works when I turn the line numbers off. So I can use the new version now. ^^
(I'm very happy it works, cause the old version won't open anymore)

Well, good to know ;)

Any idea why the guide won't open for me?

You didn't read this, did you?

Man, you go away for a little while and loads of stuff happens! :D

Nice job on the updates, Andrea, I'm glad you finally released A-Trainer, a fantastic piece of work!

Thanks. Expect new updates soon :D
XSE and A-Trainer.

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
Would you mind elaborating a little?

In Darthatron's tool, Pokemon Editor Pro, there's a section that allows you to insert a sprite offset and a palette offset, instead of just using the trainer sprites that are in that range in UnLZ.
Here's a picture of what I mean:

ht tp://i43.tinypic [dot] com/2rpf9s0.jpg

Please replace the [dot] with a ".", I'm sorry for being unable to post the actual link.
I hope that makes it a little more clear, and once again, thank you very much for making such great tools!

I'm also sorry about the lack of knowledge about #clean and #removeall. =P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
In Darthatron's tool, Pokemon Editor Pro, there's a section that allows you to insert a sprite offset and a palette offset, instead of just using the trainer sprites that are in that range in UnLZ.
Here's a picture of what I mean:

ht tp://i43.tinypic [dot] com/2rpf9s0.jpg

Please replace the [dot] with a ".", I'm sorry for being unable to post the actual link.
I hope that makes it a little more clear, and once again, thank you very much for making such great tools!

I'm also sorry about the lack of knowledge about #clean and #removeall. =P

All right, what about the compile problems?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, HackMew, is there a way to change the name of the trainer class? The box underneath the combobox to choose it does nothing.

Actually it does, but there's a bug that will "restore" the old class name while saving. Just wait for the next A-Trainer beta.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2010
Ur A-Trainer doesnt has the Battle Frontier Brains. Can u update it so i can costumize the gyms and also the characters (: and could u sort the hero's to the front of the list, cause i spend 5 minutes on finding out where they are

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Ur A-Trainer doesnt has the Battle Frontier Brains. Can u update it so i can costumize the gyms and also the characters (: and could u sort the hero's to the front of the list, cause i spend 5 minutes on finding out where they are
1. You ask to many questions XD
2. I think there's a search function for the trainers.. so it should only take a few seconds to get the trainer.
3. What do you mean by "the characters"? The sprites? Use NLZ-GBA Advance or RS Ball..

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow, A-Trainer seems pretty impressive, Andrea. It's quite useful, rather than having to use all of those glitchy trainer editors made in the past. I can't wait for a fuller release, because I'd also like to change the names of the Trainer Class.

Also, I'd like to suggest a different way of scrolling through a Trainer's Pokémon Data (obviously if the Trainer has more than one Pokémon), because it just seems a little awkward (I've become used to the page moving when there is a page scrolling method). Could you possibly change it to an up arrow button and a down arrow button?

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
So I looked at your sources

Storing offsets in strings? Why?

And as decimal values? What is wrong with you? :(

Unless you're reading/writing from a text/ini file, or putting a value onto a window, there's no reason to put values into strings.

Please change your technique your programs will be faster as such, also.

Commenting your code would be amazing ;(

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Bug

Hi, I was using your Overworld editor, and it was going fine until it wouldn't save. It said something about how it couldn't save because it was already open. so I took a screenshot, shrunk it down to normal sprite size, restarted the editor, and tried to import it. It said it didn't have a 16 colour palette! THERE WERE ONLY 3 COLORS! And I checked it with the eraser trick, and it really was just 3. So then I used another screenshot of the palette and put those colors in, so it was the same 16 colors as in the palette, and it still didn't work!

I hope you fix this bug soon, because I can't find the sprites in unLZ gba and I really need to edit them.

EDIT:
It worked when I redrew the sprite (maybe because I changed the palette, saved, drew my new sprite, saved?)
The only other difference is the second time I had paint open twice :)
The Import and export options are also working now...

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Wow A-trainer rocks! It's a pity that it doesn't cover fr though...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Found my first bug with A-Trainer although it's already been reported.
Anyway HackMew, please can you put these what these specials do in the XSE guide.

Spoiler:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
BUG!

Hey, HackMew!

I found a bug in FSF:
I put 256 in the Needed Bytes and 1 in the Skip Interval, and look what came up:
FSF%20Glitch.jpg

Can you fix this?

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
A little problem with XSE : I get "error 5003 : Unexpected error" whenever I attempt to open XSE. At first I was merely missing msvbvm60.dll, however after I downloaded the proper dll, I started getting error 5003.
This is odd, as I was able to work XSE 1.1.1 perfectly fine up until I re-downloaded it.
Any solutions?

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2010
Sorry to bother you, HackMew. But i'm having trouble with XSE.

I don't really understand how to use it, I attempted to give a new Person (NPC) (That i added into Ruby VIA Advanced Map) a Short amount of text to Say once i click on it in the game,

The script is fine, i used FSF to find some free space, I Put the offset in the script (#dynamic 0x6B0FF4) as i compiled, Compiler output came up. (Normal i assume) but at the very bottom it displayed the following:

Dynamic Offsets:
@Start 6B1002
@Speak 6B0FF5

Which are similare to the original offset, I thought it would have compiled and that was just nothing, Then, i took the offset from the Script (#dynamic 0x6B0FF4) and put it as the NPC's Offset in Advanced Map, So in-game when i click the NPC, It should execute the script, Right?

Well it did not execute the script, it did nothing.
I did a search of my question on this compile issue, And i read about something saying XSE finds free space for you, and then outputs an offset for you to use, Which was not explained in the program or near the download.. Which is what caused my confusion i guess.

Can you just explain to me how i can work this? as you can se i'm very new to ROM Editing (Hacking) and from what i've read, Your compiler is the best to use, So i hope i get a reply clearing up my confusion as soon as possible so i can get on with what i need to do.

Please and Thank You.

- Prelacter

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Sorry to bother you, HackMew. But i'm having trouble with XSE.

I don't really understand how to use it, I attempted to give a new Person (NPC) (That i added into Ruby VIA Advanced Map) a Short amount of text to Say once i click on it in the game,

The script is fine, i used FSF to find some free space, I Put the offset in the script (#dynamic 0x6B0FF4) as i compiled, Compiler output came up. (Normal i assume) but at the very bottom it displayed the following:

Dynamic Offsets:
@Start 6B1002
@Speak 6B0FF5

Which are similare to the original offset, I thought it would have compiled and that was just nothing, Then, i took the offset from the Script (#dynamic 0x6B0FF4) and put it as the NPC's Offset in Advanced Map, So in-game when i click the NPC, It should execute the script, Right?

Well it did not execute the script, it did nothing.
I did a search of my question on this compile issue, And i read about something saying XSE finds free space for you, and then outputs an offset for you to use, Which was not explained in the program or near the download.. Which is what caused my confusion i guess.

Can you just explain to me how i can work this? as you can se i'm very new to ROM Editing (Hacking) and from what i've read, Your compiler is the best to use, So i hope i get a reply clearing up my confusion as soon as possible so i can get on with what i need to do.

Please and Thank You.

- Prelacter

Right after you compile your script hit the copy button. You take the offset of where the script begins at, so in your case in Amap you put the offset for the NPC 6B1002, and not 6B0FF4, because 6B1002 is the @start's offset.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2010
Right after you compile your script hit the copy button. You take the offset of where the script begins at, so in your case in Amap you put the offset for the NPC 6B1002, and not 6B0FF4, because 6B1002 is the @start's offset.

Ah, I see. Thank's for clearing that up.

- Prelacter

Back