• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
This tool is really really good i have been trying to get a tool that lets me change a pokemons pokedex entrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does the coullor thing do?

Last edited:

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
is possible put a evolution chain like vespiquen and combee? or female snorunt evolve into froslass?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I used this tool about 2 weeks ago and all I can say is, it's totally awesome!
I can do almost anything regarding Pokemon data. :D

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
or female snorunt evolve into froslass?
As Omega said, you can't do that in the advance generation. I'm guessing that they added an extra bit or byte to the type of evolution marker in the DS games, thus giving more ways on how to evolve. That being said, you can make a small work around by giving snorunt a 50/50 chance of being male/female, but frosslass 0/100. That way the frosslass will still always be female.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
As Omega said, you can't do that in the advance generation. I'm guessing that they added an extra bit or byte to the type of evolution marker in the DS games, thus giving more ways on how to evolve. That being said, you can make a small work around by giving snorunt a 50/50 chance of being male/female, but frosslass 0/100. That way the frosslass will still always be female.

OR, you can make 2 snorunts...
One has a 100% chance of being male, one having a 100% chance of female, that way, Give the male the ability to ONLY evolve into Glalie, and the female the ability to evolve to a Glalie OR a Frosslass...

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
OR, you can make 2 snorunts...
One has a 100% chance of being male, one having a 100% chance of female, that way, Give the male the ability to ONLY evolve into Glalie, and the female the ability to evolve to a Glalie OR a Frosslass...
That would work better than my suggestion, but of course the downside is that it takes up another pokemon slot.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
thanks! before, i put in my hacks the evolve like finalzero said, i think that i continue with this way. (sorry for my english)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
That would work better than my suggestion, but of course the downside is that it takes up another pokemon slot.

True, At least the pokemon already exists so pointing to a cry will be pretty simple.
(The only problem I can think of is Pokedex Data, unless you replace a pokemon not many people use, like Koffing, or Muk, maybe Venonat.)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
True, At least the pokemon already exists so pointing to a cry will be pretty simple.
(The only problem I can think of is Pokedex Data, unless you replace a pokemon not many people use, like Koffing, or Muk, maybe Venonat.)
Koffing!? But Weezing is one of the best physical walls of the GBA era! I'd rather use swalot and gulpin; They're just grimer and muk knockoffs anyways. =p

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
This is far better than any other Pokemon editor I've found. This thing has it all, like the Pokedex data changer. It's far better than Dexter, and it can do a lot more! 10/10, and I highly recommend this program to all other Pokemon hackers that may need it! Thank you!

Actually when it comes to the Pokedex data dexter does the same as yape. Only problem with dexter is that it doesnt support FR/LG/E Because they have a slightly different format.

I should just say this.

WE SHOULD ALL use caution when using yape. I opened a ruby rom and saved without changing anything and a bunch of things got reverse in the rom. Open a clean ruby rom, save then do a compare to see what I mean. I don't know what the data that gets reversed is or weather it could mess up your ROM. Perhaps someone could clarify on what this data is and whatnot. Since the creator of this tool has not logged in and appears to have dissapeared he cant give us any explanation or fix this...

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
WE SHOULD ALL use caution when using yape. I opened a ruby rom and saved without changing anything and a bunch of things got reverse in the rom. Open a clean ruby rom, save then do a compare to see what I mean. I don't know what the data that gets reversed is or weather it could mess up your ROM. Perhaps someone could clarify on what this data is and whatnot. Since the creator of this tool has not logged in and appears to have dissapeared he cant give us any explanation or fix this...
I remember reading him mentioning that in one of his prior posts and/or the readme; He said it's harmless. I'm too lazy to find exactly where it's mentioned though...

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
I remember reading him mentioning that in one of his prior posts and/or the readme; He said it's harmless. I'm too lazy to find exactly where it's mentioned though...
Harmless?

Well idk...

It's alot of data. I'll go through the thread later and see if I can find somethin on it.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
FINALLY !
U saved my life , I needeed to change some evos and I knew YAPE , I had it on PC , but I wanted it on my laptop ! I fond it THANX

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
silver314, Thank you very much!
This is the best Pokémon editor I've used. I have edited over 70 new fakemon with it:P
Thanks a lot.

Back