• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I love how quickly progress is going! I don't see how your real life interferes with progress, I think it's going smoothly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I finaly found uxie, but when I'm pressing "Z" I'm receiving PP Up. Can it be fixed from my PC or is it a problem of ROM?
Have anyone got the same problem ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I've got the same system and I haven't got any problems. You can try change settings of emulator. Color pallets will change, just compare graphics between GBA and Vista (or 7)
I think that this game is a bit chaotic. Everyone has got different problem. And it's hard to fix them all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Good luck and God speed to you Snakebyte :D
Although I no longer have much interest in pokemon hacks anymore , I wish you the best ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hi. I've got a problem. After 3rd badge I obitained , I can't get ROCK SMASH, from Hiker who is near Seanport. How can I get it? Please help!.
I play the portugese version, obiviously beacuse is longer, but i don't know this language...

Last edited:

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
Can't really help anyone. :( I tried to download Light Platinum, but it was in Portuguese... I ended up google translating while playing through the beginning and eventually just got ticked off from typing so much and stopped playing.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
The Rock Smash problem has been fixed for the english translation. I hope. Waiting for my beta tester to confirm.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I've gone through the area twice and it's worked fine. Other people have reported errors. Some people get it, some people don't, I don't know exactly what's causing it but I'm around 95% sure I've fixed it.

Years
To be honest I think this thread should be closed, otherwise more spam is going to be posted. I have a suggestion... maybe make a thread and keep the public updated on the translated beta on the first post? Though, a moderator would have to edit the thread and close it once updated.

Anyway, good luck on the translating.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Alright, that took me way too long, but I have now finished translating the fifth gym in Groment City! :D

Current Pokemon changes:
- Unova Pokemon have english names.
- Feebas evolves by Water Stone.

Current name changes:
- Sheyla -> Sheila
- Katyne -> Kaitlyn
- Atlur -> Atlas
- Kaohri -> Kaori

Current bugs/issues that I am aware of that exist in the parts I have translated:
- Entering the Normal Rank contest in Central City will cause graphical glitches in the rest of the game. Just don't do it.
- No heal script in Yellow Town. I may fix this, but I'll worry about it once the bulk of the translation is complete.
- Some sprites may be out of place after Red uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City. Enter and exit the Pokemon Center to fix it.
- Some items may reappear after picking them up. I've noticed this in Route 409 and with one item in the Groment Mines. I don't really care enough to fix it, Wesley is really generous with items anyway. If it happens to you, enjoy. :)

The issues with the Rock Smash Hiker and the events in Mt. Shuem should be solved, and progress should be faster now that they have been. Also, there was a lot more distance between gyms 4 and 5 than there was between gyms 3 and 4. :P

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
How much more will need to be translated after the 8th gym? I don't know how long the game is and you're making great progress with the translation. Since you're reporting progress by gym, how much more still has to be done by the 8th?

Last edited:

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
The more I go through this game with a fine-toothed comb the more impressed I am with everything WesleyFG has created and come up with. AMAZING JOB WESLEYFG! You are awesome!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The Rock Smash problem has been fixed for the english translation. I hope. Waiting for my beta tester to confirm.
If you edited flags in script it will be fixed =)

To be honest I think this thread should be closed, otherwise more spam is going to be posted. I have a suggestion... maybe make a thread and keep the public updated on the translated beta on the first post? Though, a moderator would have to edit the thread and close it once updated.
It's better now and we cannot decide in Wesley's place.
Because he does not want this thread to close.

- No heal script in Yellow Town. I may fix this, but I'll worry about it once the bulk of the translation is complete.
Just add some random healing spot =D
It's not something tough to do =D

- Some items may reappear after picking them up. I've noticed this in Route 409 and with one item in the Groment Mines. I don't really care enough to fix it, Wesley is really generous with items anyway. If it happens to you, enjoy. :)
They have wrong flags, again, something really easy to fix =)

Back