• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Mark975

Rogue
Years
awesome a ash rom game i love it but theres one thing i dislike its the gary pictures when you name your rival it looks.....well different but you did good on ash.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
When i want to battle Mysty, i need to put Pikachu in my boxes, but there are full of bad Eggs Wtf ?

I take the 2.5 ;(

EDIT : Now it's okay, my box is still full of bad eggs, but i have change one with my Pikachu without crash. But it was very hard ;( Now i have a Pigeotto, a Pikachu & 2 Bad Eggs in my team ;(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
i had a problem with squirtel i had 1 mmeber slot because pikachu was with squirt but when they both came to my party squirt just never came he just disapeared :p

resolved that now im stuck at lighthouse since i carnt get back out of it and im guessin ticket bill has :p other than this im enjoying it ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Love it but,

I think thish is a great idea and can't wait to play, but astetically, I think the Ho-oh sprite looks a little too cheap. It just looked like Ho-oh was clrawling over the ground. Maybe you could just use the Fly sprite and make it gold like the original Ho-oh in the anime, or maybe just use a shadow and scroll text saying ash saw a strange flying pokemon.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
No offense to you Metapod, but it sounds to me like this beta has tons of problems. Maybe you should stop distributing it until you can get them sorted out? They reflect badly on your hacking ability and might make people less likely to come back and play the completed version. Just a suggestion.

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
i evovled my bulbasaur to vensasaur now i carnt move on :(

EDIT: did the all wild pokemon bulbasaur cheat did it that way but the map has just ended.... big area of nothing right after you do that....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
I gotta say, this is one amazing ROM hack. This actually got me back into pokemon games a little bit. Keep up the great work, it's almost perfect. The only thing that would make it perfect is better Ash and TeamRocket battle sprites and if somehow you made Pikachu, Brock, and Misty follow you(You'd probably have to add some scripts for Brock and Misty)

TRXO

PokeGames master
Years
i evovled my bulbasaur to vensasaur now i carnt move on :(

EDIT: did the all wild pokemon bulbasaur cheat did it that way but the map has just ended.... big area of nothing right after you do that....

Instead of using cheats you could have just breeded it with a Ditto.

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2010
Help, what do i need to download in order to play AshGray?

Patching Program (IPS i think dont remember)
GBA Emulator
Rom (Included in download)

It's very buggy however i played it but it's a fun game!

TRXO

PokeGames master
Years
I have a glitch of "????????x61" appearing in the PC. Also, for some reason I couldn't find the Crabby and lighthouse events and somehow got to the Primeape event.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Erm, am I the only one who has glitchy text when I try to pick up Charmander? Does it mean I've done something wrong? :|

Odd, msut've been the rom, I tried it again and it was fine. :|

Last edited:

TRXO

PokeGames master
Years
Besides the Bad Eggs and invisible noname pokemon in the PC (thee pokemon you can release) there are also invisible eggs now that when you put in your party and try to access the party by pressing the Start button the game re-launches.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Besides the Bad Eggs and invisible noname pokemon in the PC (thee pokemon you can release) there are also invisible eggs now that when you put in your party and try to access the party by pressing the Start button the game re-launches.
Bad eggs are the bane of my Pokemon-playing existence (a few hard to find Pokemon got eaten by bad eggs in another hack I played). I'm definitely not playing this until/unless that gets fixed. Sorry :\

TRXO

PokeGames master
Years
Officer Jenny won't let me pass through the house that was robbed in Cerulean city for more than two times, Team Rocket didn't appear inside MT.Moon and after depositing the Zubat that attacked the scientist I went back to MT.Moon and there wasn't a Zubat, but the scientist claimed to be attacked and when I talked to him there was another Zubat.

Back