• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I see that a few people asked about the FEEBAS evolution method. I can't evolve my FEEBAS either; I have tried the max happiness route, but I had no luck. My FEEBAS is at level 61, and still no evolution. The water stone does not work either. Is there some way that I can boost its beauty? (Assuming that there are not any pokeblocks in the hack)

Beauty? Nah, in the upcoming English version, it will evolve
when it reaches Lv. 25.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Ohhhh, so I can't evolve FEEBAS in the non-english version!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i've already done that.. many times. i still couldnt get it. i want to get to the other region very bad.
You should do it as many times as possible until you obtain that ticket...
I know that script is very buggy so it doesn't activate everytime.

I see that a few people asked about the FEEBAS evolution method. I can't evolve my FEEBAS either; I have tried the max happiness route, but I had no luck. My FEEBAS is at level 61, and still no evolution. The water stone does not work either. Is there some way that I can boost its beauty? (Assuming that there are not any pokeblocks in the hack)
Feebas does evolve by beauty but as you said there are no pokeblocks so unfortunately your quote is right.
Ohhhh, so I can't evolve FEEBAS in the non-english version!!

Correct. Don't bother playing it.
Are you for real?
How can you seriously say that?
We probably adapted on the fact that you don't respect Wes' way of doing things in hack which is bad itself but now you don't respect the hack itself?
You are really exaggerating!

Years
Sarcastic Prince, just quit it.
You are a translator. Your job is to translate this hack into English. This has gone on ridiculously long- I'm going to ask a simple question. Has WesleyFG given you permission to edit more than the text in this ROM, yes or no?
I'm unaware if you've given proof that he has, but if he has then I'm now asking you to prove it, right now.
From what I see, you're trying to take over his hack. Pokemon Light Platinum is WesleyFG's hack, and your translation is simply that- a translation. Your job is to translate it. It's not your place to tell people to avoid the original version, and you should not be stating that it is 'too imperfect' and so on. The fact that it's in another language also doesn't give you cause to tell people to avoid it.
So to make sure you understand what I'm saying, I'll sum it up here-
1. Stop telling people to avoid the un-translated Light Platinum.
2. Post proof, now, that WesleyFG has given you permission to edit the ROM extensively. I want to see a screenshot (Ctrl + Print Screen, then paste in Paint) of the conversation you had where he gave you permission. This isn't a negotiation.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Let me state this clearly so that there's no room for ambiguity: The next person who continues this argument is getting infracted. No warnings. I'm fed up with giving second chances and having people abuse them. Once again: if I see anyone continuing this argument, they will be infracted without hesitancy.

Sarcastic Prince, you have 48 hours to post proof that WesleyFG gave you permission to edit his game beyond translating it. If you were being truthful, it should take a few minutes to present the proof and then I (along with everyone else) will get off your case about the complete English release.

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
about the ticket, nevermind i just got it. now my question is what will i do next after beating rycian gym leader? he just gave me dig. where will i go next? by the way, there's a road being blocked by team steam, how to pass them? please help!

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
guys I have a question, where can I found the gym leader,poison type.'cause he fly using his crobat .

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Guys i have an idea, why dont u transalate Pokemon Light Platinum and post the link of this game in 48 hours that would be great and all problems would be solved.

Under orders of mods, I will not be posting any news
or links to the patch. Until Wesley logs on, I will not be posting
any news about the current status of LP. The current status of
LP is only known to me and Ash.

No questions about the translation should be asked. That is, of course, if you want to receive an infraction, as that will only stir up arguments.

i already tried, tm dig was used on my lucario, but exactly how? it's says "cant use that here"

You are supposed to press "A" in front of the brown substance.

Years
sorry SP, me and a friend found the most enormus bug that i ever seen in the 1.1v of this hack, when you trade the spinarak for the scyther everything went well but after a while we saw that the grass had only spinaraks even in trees where headbutt is used all that we saw were spinaraks. i was so surprised i could'nt stop laughing about his bad luck (?). could you fix it for the translated version? :C

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
sorry SP, me and a friend found the most enormus bug that i ever seen in the 1.1v of this hack, when you trade the spinarak for the scyther everything went well but after a while we saw that the grass had only spinaraks even in trees where headbutt is used all that we saw were spinaraks. i was so surprised i could'nt stop laughing about his bad luck (?). could you fix it for the translated version? :C

Relax; that's most likely just bad luck.
I'm saying this because this glitch never occured when I was playing.

Years
yep dun worry for meh(?), i know it was his bad luck however i was just wondering in case. because it was too funny to see his angry face. & another thing i really want to thank you translate wesly's game, translate such a long story must be really annoying Dx

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
yep dun worry for meh(?), i know it was his bad luck however i was just wondering in case. because it was too funny to see his angry face. & another thing i really want to thank you translate wesly's game, translate such a long story must be really annoying Dx

It is, but as I've said earlier, I cannot post updates about the current
translation progress because the mods are watching...

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
hai there..1st of all great hack! One of the best hacks in the history...i would like to inform some odd things happened when i'm battling at the trainers in Gym 3..a craconaw who's moves are crazy! That pokemon attacks me with grasswhistle,magical leaf and giga grain! Somewhat like Roserade's moves..

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Heyia's ^
I wanted to ask one thing,forgive me if it has been asked before,could find it ><

I got up to 2nd Gym (Plant) ,and all is well,i finished the stuff in Botanic thingy in Esmerald city ,but i cant seem to get past a few boxes that are in the middle (In the Plant Gym i mean).Seems that im missing a TH/HM ,any tips?^

Thanks =)

Edit : Nvm, found the solution XD

Last edited:
Years
are all kanto starters obtainable in plp? it means i didnt play port version but im curious about this game i know that others region pokemons r obtainable.I will play this game when eng vrsion comes out

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
hai there..1st of all great hack! One of the best hacks in the history...i would like to inform some odd things happened when i'm battling at the trainers in Gym 3..a craconaw who's moves are crazy! That pokemon attacks me with grasswhistle,magical leaf and giga grain! Somewhat like Roserade's moves..
Oh please! Wait till you encounter the variety of ocean pokemon that use Jump Kick (specifically Goldeens)

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2011
Hi guys...i m new here...i wana ask about a bug ..sum1 reported it but then it wasnt solved and hence left behind...after i took the alpha thingy to prof jasmine, and i went back to Mt. Draken..the gym was already open...no 1 was blocking it anymore...i look through some walkthrough in youtube and apparently it suggested tht in Mt. Draken, theres a scene with giratina where the character will get warped into torn world..unfortunately for me, tht scene didnt happen..after i entered the cave n battled team steam leader, when i further proceed inwards, ntg and no 1 was there. I am suspecting that this is also the reason why solana or wateva the girl's name is is blocking my way to victory road..she was talking sumting abt lunick..i did beat the gym and took hm dive..so yea, im basically stuck now

I am happy if any 1 can help me with this..but if it cant be solved, juz give me a notice abt it and i will juz let it go as I have a safe file before the whole event happens, just that its a bit old as the save file will bring me back to the ice gym.

Oh and, even though I am new, i actually spent few days reading through the 159 pages of this thread. I must say that I am very impressed with the dedication and patience as well as professionalism by Ash493 in replying most of the problems stated in this thread. Of course, with a very good attitude as well. I would say that it is very fortunate that theres sum 1 like you in this thread. Haha, i can even feel your frustration looking down all the pages where people ask about the solution of problems which has juz been answered few posts ago. Nonetheless, u never failed to answer them in a good manner =) Keep up with your good work!

PS: i didnt have any bug happened to me until i decided to utilize this bug around the power plant. at the route south from the power plant city, there was this rival, i think his name red, or mayb ash,tht looks like hes planting fence or sprout along the road. Being greedy, i noticed tht i can battle him a few times as he will show up again after battle. I battled him a few times n thts where the bugs started to happen. First one being the bug in power plant where the gym leader couldnt be found. I save n load a few time and at last, she was there..duno how i did it but lol..mayb its juz magic xD...

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2011
Umm guys I am really sorry to bother but err I downloaded the ips patch for english cuz I dunno any language other than that but after that I patched it, booted up the game and it went blank. I changed my save type to 128k alrdy am I missing something or got a wrong setting? Can someone help me?

Back