• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
I just downloaded this after looking for a better script editor than Pokescript, and I have to say it works great! :)

Also I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and so far I'm seeing no lag. So that proves Mike's rumor false.

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Also I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit and so far I'm seeing no lag. So that proves Mike's rumor false.

If he were going to say anything, he'd say "I already told you, it depends on the computer!"

But: That's a good sign.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Nice! This program is awesome! But I'm wondering something: How do I decompile scripts in GS? I followed the instructions, but it just said that the script/event didn't exist!

So, could you give me the numbers I would put in for editing the fat man in New Bark Town as an example? Thanks!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Nice! This program is awesome! But I'm wondering something: How do I decompile scripts in GS? I followed the instructions, but it just said that the script/event didn't exist!

So, could you give me the numbers I would put in for editing the fat man in New Bark Town as an example? Thanks!
In GoldMap, go to the map containing the event.
Double-click it.
Now, you will see an "Event address", and in brackets, 2 sets of hex numbers.
Take everything after the bracket and before the colon (usually 2 characters) and put it in PKSV's "Event Bank".
Now, exit that little property window and double-click the event. Fill in (in PKSV) the exact text bank and text block.
Click "Convert", then "Decompile".

score_under

Years
There is no point in replicating these scripts, as all just use the same one for consistency.

FR:
Strength = 1BE11D
Cut = 1BDF13
Surf = 1A6AC8

Since I know it'll be required at some point...
PC script = 1A6998
"Pokemon was placed in box X" = 1A8C3C

I could give some more commonly-used script offsets, if you want.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, whenever I try to run Assosiate_Shell.bat, I get an error message saying "A file cound not be found. I'm using 98. Thanjks for the help!

score_under

Years
Okay, whenever I try to run Assosiate_Shell.bat, I get an error message saying "A file cound not be found. I'm using 98. Thanjks for the help!
This is probably a lack of "reg.exe" on your computer (a command-line registry editor, standard with some newer versions of Windows).

If you want to do this manually, remember the name of the PKSV folder (mine is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Charles\src\PKSVUI) and we shall refer to this as FOLDER.
Go to registry editor (start->run, regedit, OK) and expand the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" (this may take a while) key if it is not done so already. Then right-click it and add a new key. Name the key ".pks".
Go to the new key, and there will be a default value in it, double-click it and set it to "PKSVScript".
Then go back to the top and create another key in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT called "PKSVScript" (yes, that again :P ). Set the default value in that key to "PKSV Compiler Script", then right-click the key and press new key. This should create a key INSIDE PKSVScript. Name the new key DefaultIcon, and change its default value to "FOLDER\pksvui.exe,2"
Back in PKSVScript, create another new key called "shell". Set the default value to "edit". Then inside "shell", create a new key, "edit". Set the default value to "&Edit".
Inside "edit", create another key called "command" and set the default value to ""FOLDER\pksv.exe" "%1"".
Back inside "shell", create yet another key, "comp". Set the default value to "&Compile". Then create a new key inside "comp" called "command". Set the default value to ""FOLDER\pksv.exe" -r "%1""

And then you should be done.

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
Years
You.....are......GOD! I WORSHIP YOU! THIS PROGRAM IS AMAZING! Great job! KEEP IT UP!

score_under

Years
I can confirm score_under's not god :/ I prayed to him for a 360 dev kit, and I didn't get it :(
I'm sorry, I am a fan of the Wii instead...

@Melash: The best solution I can find is a "reg.exe" included with some windows 2000 tools. This might work on 98, but I am not sure. http://www.petri.co.il/download_free_reskit_tools.htm
Try dropping reg.exe from there into PKSV's folder and running AssociateShell. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will...

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
In Fire Red, after you beat Brock, there is a scientist that gives you the Running Shoes.

I want to make him a trainer that you fight, and after the battle you get the shoes. Then he will walk off the screen like normal.

How would I do this?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey,
i was decompiling one of the scripts, I found a command called "callstd 0x9"
and "settrainerflag"?
What are those?
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
hello i'm jin14 and i'm italian.
i had installed the programs but i haven't understand how inserite the script somebody can halep me?

score_under

Years
hello i'm jin14 and i'm italian.
i had installed the programs but i haven't understand how inserite the script somebody can halep me?
Press F9. After a few seconds a log should appear. Read it and check it for errors before testing the script, however.
Hey,
i was decompiling one of the scripts, I found a command called "callstd 0x9"
and "settrainerflag"?
What are those?
Thanks.
I'm not sure what callstd 0x9 does yet, because I've not encountered it (and when I have I haven't taken note), so if you could tell me where it comes up I may be able to assign a name to it.
Settrainerflag, however, marks the trainer as defeated. [As far as I know.]
For example, if you have "settrainerflag 0x44", then you could go into PET, look up the hex trainer ID 44, and see which trainer it is marking as defeated.
In Fire Red, after you beat Brock, there is a scientist that gives you the Running Shoes.

I want to make him a trainer that you fight, and after the battle you get the shoes. Then he will walk off the screen like normal.

How would I do this?
Remember to repoint (change #org) the script first...
To make him a trainer you fight, simply add a "trainerbattle 0x0 0x123 0x0 BATTLE_MESSAGE DEFEAT_MESSAGE" to the start of the script, replacing 123 with the hex ID in PET (or equivalent), BATTLE_MESSAGE with the offset of the text he should say before the battle, and DEFEAT_MESSAGE with the offset of the text he should say when defeated, before returning to map.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Spoiler:

I saw it in this script(forgot what version or hack).
anyways thanks for clearing that up.

score_under

Years
It seems to show the message from Msgbox then say "PLAYER put the ITEM in the POCKET".
I will add this into the next version, but I won't release something as small as this as a new version.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 25, 2008
Wierd thing

everytime i change someones script everyone around the person gets part of it to
like i changed wat the fat guys says in littleroot town and the little girl and the other guy say like the back parts of it.
what do i do
reply to [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back