• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Curse of the Breeder" - Griffy

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
I been breeding charmanders and I never get great speed IVs just attk, spattk, def, and hp, I need to figure how to get good speed IVs for a fast charizard.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Over sixty-five Lileep with a 6IV mother and a 5IV father.

Maybe six females so far, of which two had the wrong ability (looking for Storm Drain).

All with 3-4IVs.

Kill me.

[Edit]

Just hatched a 6IV Male. YOU WILL ELUDE ME NO LONGER, 5IV FEMALE!!!

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
Years
I forgot to IV check 5 boxes of Eevees, had a 6IV ditto and 5IV parent eevee. Probably had a 6IVs in there... Other than that, not much except occasionally forgetting I have a full party and still biking around the daycare for eggs.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I forgot to IV check 5 boxes of Eevees, had a 6IV ditto and 5IV parent eevee. Probably had a 6IVs in there... Other than that, not much except occasionally forgetting I have a full party and still biking around the daycare for eggs.
Oh, I bike in front if I know I have a full party. I just go inside and plop something (usually an Egg) in the PC when the guy faces my way.

I found myself circling Lumiose Tower hatching 0 Eggs the other day. It was only for about five minutes, and partly because I was watching something on the computer, so I wasn't paying full attention or I'd have known I'd hatched the last Egg already.

An actual curse: I started an Eevee project and didn't get a female until the 49th Egg. The 54th Egg (same batch of six) was an exact female I needed (IVs didn't matter fully at that point). From there I was able to breed and succeeded in getting my result. However, in 78 Eggs, I had a total of three females.

Supplementary curse: the first 18 Eggs included a few 5IVs, but also 2-4IVs. I had a single 1IV Egg.

That one was Shiny.

Kill me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh, here's a new one.

Pulled Crustle out of the PC for a quick breeding project, to pass Rock Blast to someone. Teach it the move through the relearner. Then I look at the gender.

It's female.

Insult to injury: it learns the move at Lv.5.

Good thing Heart Scales are so easy to find in this game. At least, when the holder is.

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
I have to breed a perfect growlithe and to do that I have level up a regular to learn flarblitz, evolve it to learn extreme speed via relearner then breed it with a close combat one I got from WT and hatch a perfect one with all three moves and breed stealth rock to certain pokémon plus hatching a shiny honedge and gible, Im going to have a headache after all this.

Belldandy

Years
Bred a Naive 4EM Pichu, where one of the EMs was Volt Tackle. Being a mixed attacker, it was pretty nice to find out its stats were 31/31/31/28/31/31.

And then heart sink: Hidden Power Electric.

Of all things. Electric. #crushed

Thief

The Dark One
Years
I can't remember what, but one time I'd bred an offspring I wanted to keep and accidentally put it on Wonder Trade (along with the millions of other offspring I'd bred). I tried to shut off my game as soon as I realised which one it was, but it was too late. I loaded my game back up again, checked my PC box, and what did I get in return?

A Bunnelby. Named 'Hahahaha'.

Karma better hit that guy hard.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
Breeding a Squirtle and getting the wrong nature so i can do it all over again.
And released all the squirtles with egg moves Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere so i have to start from the beginning and breed a Clawlitzer with a female squirtle with hidden ability from scratch.
Now that is a pain in the @$$.
I did get a female shiny modest Squirtle in the prosses though with 2 max IV's.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 31, 2014
I can't remember what, but one time I'd bred an offspring I wanted to keep and accidentally put it on Wonder Trade (along with the millions of other offspring I'd bred). I tried to shut off my game as soon as I realised which one it was, but it was too late. I loaded my game back up again, checked my PC box, and what did I get in return?

A Bunnelby. Named 'Hahahaha'.

Karma better hit that guy hard.
{XD} Makes me feel better about my mistake.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
So I was trying to breed some rare ball Johto Starters, and I'd been restarting after a while of not getting a female. so, I restarted agaaain, and I had 2 Totodiles in my party.. I assumed they where just random males, so I WT'd one of them witout looking. Turns out I WT'd one of my EM Totodiles. >.>

THANK GOODNESS though, that I didn't accidentally trade my Dive Ball Toto, or THAT would have been horrible. ^_^'

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Spent like 2 days trying to breed my female Ultra Ball Froakie with my Protean male Froakie and didn't know that males can't pass down their HA with a female.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Just not long ago I just got a HA pokemon with egg moves (level 1) and started to breed it with a ditto to hopefully get some more and I had a trade were i needed to breed something so i took it out and once i put it back in the daycare i stored like 10 eggs of it and when they hatched none of them had egg moves so i checked my pokemon to see that the daycare had removed its egg moves with other level up moves >.<

Yeah, just did something similar earlier today. XD; Swapped out my breeding couples briefly and when I swapped them back I didn't realize the daycare had gotten rid of my female's Wish. :|; Thank God for the move Deleter and Relearner, right?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Ohoho, there's this one time when someone was looking for a Flawless/Perfect 5IV Female Heal Ball 4EM HA Fennekin. I tried it out, and it ended up with a ton of 4-5IV baby foxes released into the wild searching for that one female HA Fennekin with that perfect 5IV spread.

...And guess who, already at the point of stopping and just going to give an imperfect 5IV spread to the requester (she knew it'll be hard so she was willing to take it), got a flawless HA female one...

Really, 6IV before a perfect 5IV one. Pokemon sure loves to troll around with me.

Belldandy

Years
Usually my Ditto has the DK and my Pokémon has an Everstone, but in the cases where my Pokémon requires the nature Ditto has, I obviously switch.

How many times have I gone from breeding one Pokémon to another without switching it around... Instead, hatching Adamant Lapras or some other dumb combination :pink_frown: hmph

Years
Was breeding Larvitar.

Forgot to put Everstone.

Got an Egg.

Remembered about Everstone.

Changed Item.

Got 4 more Eggs.

First Larvitar was Adamant (not bad), all others were Jolly.

Adamant Larvitar was 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31

All others were not that spread ^ ^ (RAGEEEEEEEE)

Did 3 more cycles (15 more Eggs)

None had that spread (MORE RAGEEEEEEEEEEE!)

Did last cycle. Last Egg was right.

So annoying when of course the "bad egg" has what you want, and then everything else is missing either HP or Atk. SOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
Years
I think the dumbest thing I had done was delete a 4IV female when I had a 5IV female to replace it. I accidentally marked the wrong female parent that was only 3 IV... I biked back and forth getting eggs for about an hour(maybe more) just thinking I was having bad luck.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
1. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that all eggs were hatched a good 10 minutes ago
2. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that the parent didn't get along with my HM slave Talonflame
3. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that both parents were the same gender
4. Cycled up and down that road outside daycare center... just to realize that only half of the pair is in the daycare
5. Reversed Destiny Knot and Everstone by accident and hatched crappy babies
6. Double Everstone hold

Ahhhh, the curse of the breeder.

I am new to this forum and I love it already because... I have done all of these things. Especially number 1. Whoa boy. To any of you youngsters on here, don't drink and play Pokemon kids!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
...The same gender mistake XD

Or to remove the parent with the egg moves, only to realize a while after that the babies din't had any egg moves.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 19, 2020
I spent 15 minutes riding around on my bike trying to hatch an egg only to realize that I forget to grab the egg from the daycare man.

Back