• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2010
Gym Leader

1. I'm not totally sure if this is possible, but is it possible to change the amount of gym leaders in the game like, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I'm not sure if it is possible, but please answer me saying yes or no. If yes tell me how. If no just tell me no.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
1. I'm not totally sure if this is possible, but is it possible to change the amount of gym leaders in the game like, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver? I'm not sure if it is possible, but please answer me saying yes or no. If yes tell me how. If no just tell me no.

You can't add more badges as of yet, no... The best you could do is use Emerald's Battle Frontier system as an extra set...

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Lots of questions, about emerald:
1- I can't seem to find badges data in unlz. the maps avaliable shows the adress 2525, which has the battle frontier symbols. Has anyone found it?

2-Which are the text adresses for pokenav speech? being specific: gym leader's speeches in pokenav.

3- How can I change the data for the Gym Leader's rematches? there are 4 battles for rematching, but I just want one rematch (and use the other 3 battles to add more trainers - lack of space in rom doesn't allow me to "create" new trainers

4- Is it possible to add overworld sprites, or just replace? if the latter, secret bases might be screwed due to lack of items

5- How can i add/remove the "wooden doors" found at trick house and fortree gym?
woodendoors.png

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Lots of questions, about emerald:
1- I can't seem to find badges data in unlz. the maps avaliable shows the adress 2525, which has the battle frontier symbols. Has anyone found it?

2-Which are the text adresses for pokenav speech? being specific: gym leader's speeches in pokenav.

3- How can I change the data for the Gym Leader's rematches? there are 4 battles for rematching, but I just want one rematch (and use the other 3 battles to add more trainers - lack of space in rom doesn't allow me to "create" new trainers

4- Is it possible to add overworld sprites, or just replace? if the latter, secret bases might be screwed due to lack of items

5- How can i add/remove the "wooden doors" found at trick house and fortree gym?
woodendoors.png

1- Dunno

2- Try searching in A-Text or in a Hex Editor with a table file...

3- A Trainer Is a good idea...

4- Dunno

5- Try Studying the properties of the doors... And recreating them elsewhere...

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
well i got another problem... i set my warp tile for a ladder in a cave to go somewhere but, instead, it sends me to the link battle room which i think is map bank 0 map 0 warp 0

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
Okay, I build a cave that the player in my hack has to travel through. But sometimes in the cave if you enter a wild battle, then return to the map you will be controlling another sprite. How can I fix this?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, I build a cave that the player in my hack has to travel through. But sometimes in the cave if you enter a wild battle, then return to the map you will be controlling another sprite. How can I fix this?

Please search the thread before asking. This question has been asked dozens of times before.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
ErickAutumn said:

Search is definitely the best option first, but for the sake of helping out a fellow hacker, here's a link. (If the information isn't correct, I blame the fact that it took 4 [albeit sketchy] searches to find that post, or any post relating to the matter I was searching for)

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4235885&postcount=7696

Last edited:

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
What is the best process for compiling scripts into a rom?
I ask this, because I have to be doing something wrong. I'm completely new to the rom hacking scene. The process I've used for about a dozen simple scripts worked for most of them.

I use free space finder to find an open offset, write out the script with the open offset in XSE, compile the script into the rom and create the event/sprite in Advance Map in the same rom. Afterward I'll test if the script works in the emulator. Sometimes it won't, so I check on advance map and open the script from there, and sometimes the open offset I used will be completely blank, even if I try to compile a script with the same offset, it won't change anything.

Could somebody please tell me why it's not working or what I'm doing wrong, please? Thanks in advance.

Ooka

Years
What is the best process for compiling scripts into the a rom?
I ask this, because I have to be doing something wrong. I'm completely new to the rom hacking scene. The process I've used for about a dozen simple scripts worked for most of them.

I use free space finder to find an open offset, write out the script with the open offset in XSE, compile the script into the rom and create the event/sprite in Advance Map in the same rom. Afterward I'll test if the script works in the emulator. Sometimes it won't, so I check on advance map and open the script from there, and sometimes the open offset I used will be completely blank, even if I try to compile a script with the same offset, it won't change anything.

Could somebody please tell me why it's not working or what I'm doing wrong, please? Thanks in advance.

Do you have a script example? That might possibly point out what the problem is. Also, this would probably be more suited for the Script Help thread, just post the example there.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163576&page=245

Last edited:

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
Do you have a script example? That might possibly point out what the problem is. Also, this would probably be more suited for the Script Help thread, just post the example there.
I thought about posting there, but this is compiling scripts, not writing them I figured. But the scripts won't write in the offsets no matter how simple they are sometimes. Sometimes they compile perfectly fine, sometimes they don't. A simple script like this won't compile into the offset, even.

Code:
#dynamic 0x291500
#org @start
lock
msgbox @emo 0x6
release
end
#org @emo
= ...\pMy father jumped from this bridge\nwhen I was young...\p...\p...

Hope this information helps.

Ooka

Years
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @emo 0x6
release
end

#org @emo
= ...\pMy father jumped from this bridge\nwhen I was young...\p...\p...

Try that and see if it works. Worked fine for me, so if there's still a problem it would have to be advancemap.

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
Code:
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]#org @start[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]lock[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]faceplayer[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]msgbox @emo 0x6[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]release[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]end[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]#org @emo[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri]= ...\pMy father jumped from this bridge\nwhen I was young...\p...\p...[/FONT][/SIZE]

Try that and see if it works. Worked fine for me, so if there's still a problem it would have to be advancemap.
I've already used that offset, but thanks. My problem isn't finding an open offset, it's getting the script to compile onto an offset.

Ooka

Years
How do I edit indexed images on windows 7?
The version of paint for it erases the index of the image.

Just use the Paint attached to this post.

I've already used that offset, but thanks. My problem isn't finding an open offset, it's getting the script to compile onto an offset.

That's the thing, if the offsets are free then you shouldn't have any problem at all compiling to them. This one is beyond me. I just suggest posting it in the Script Help thread and wait for an answer. :P

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

Can you describe the problem a little more in detail? For example, is the compile button greyed-out or are you receiving error messages?

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
Can you describe the problem a little more in detail? For example, is the compile button greyed-out or are you receiving error messages?
That's pretty much all of the detail I can give. I use the batch compiler CTRL+B to compile files that need to be inserted.

Ooka said:
That's the thing, if the offsets are free then you shouldn't have any problem at all compiling to them. This one is beyond me. I just suggest posting it in the Script Help thread and wait for an answer. :P
Yes, that is the thing. It baffles me that it's failing to compile at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back