• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Xeneon

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
NOTE: MADE FOR THE BOY SORRY I WILL CHANGE THAT EVENTUALLY.
I think I'm just going to make it for the boy and you can choose two offits.

Intro:
Well it is Fire based.
I first started out with an Idea called pokemon citrine.. But I was to late someone had already thought of that one. So XENEON was born.
Well as you can probably tell this is really my first hack, so Im not that good yet.

Story:
Your now 17 and you have been living alone for a few years now. your parents were aparently murdered by your own brother.
You really don't know alot about your brother. He was a good brother to you up until you turned 15. Thats when the Xeneon crisis ocorred. after that you are completly in the dark About your brother Ray.
In the dream you constantly have you see him standing outside of your parents room in their house located in Xeneon Area. then you awake.
Finally you make the choice to find him and confront him. But you have no clue what really happened that night of the Xeneon crisis. But you will go to any measure to find out.

Starting up:
When you first start you know how it asks for your rivals name.... well that does not matter because there is no rival.
You find yourself in a room your actually dreaming right now. you walk around and see your brother Ray, but thats it. you then awake.
Also you see shoes on the floor when you start, you should interact with them so you can get your running shoes on.
and when you get oaks bag and he gives you a pokemon, you should talk to him inside afterwards.

Features:
This is more of a free rome game, there is not many restrictions. Just a few HM restrictions.
Day and night
sidequest
jobs
some new tiles
small pallet change
Constuction of towns

Old Screen Shots:
Pokemon-XeneonBETA11_06.png
Pokemon-XeneonBETA11_05.png

Pokemon-XeneonBETA11_04.png
Pokemon-Xeneon_01-1.png

Pokemon-Xeneon_01-2.jpg
Pokemon-Xeneon_08.jpg

New screenies:
Pokemon-XeneonBeta12Patch_01.png
Thats the other outfit

Pokemon-XeneonBeta12Patch_02.png
Pokemon-XeneonBeta12Patch_03.png

okay so here are the outfits
the first one
Pokemon-XeneonBETA11_02.png

and the second one is up above
choose boy for the firts one and girl for the second one

Xeneon Area:
The Area belived to be destroyed but remained in hidding.
alot of the game takes place here. It was destroyed in the Xeneon Crisis, The hero in totally in the dark when it comes to this topic. but your brother played a small part in this which you think he played a major part.

Cafes:
This is where you can take on small jobs for some extra cash. They are located in a few places and some will not repeat the job they gave you and some will repeat it.

sidequests:
this area is really small right now, I really havent put any of these in yet.
but when I do they will give you the chance to catch or obtain some legenday pokemon and some rare ones. One type of sidequest that I will also include is being able to be a police officer. you can arrest team rocket grunts and captins and after compleating a random mission you recive the bounty for the one you arrest. (A huge work in progress there)

HM shop:
In this game HMs are not really needed, so I put a shop in the pokecenter of Cerulean that sells just HMs. I will eventually put in more but for now thats the only one. Eventually I might make it to where you obtain them through sidequest. (I'm Open to any Ideas regarding HMs)

Bugs and small fixes:
They are a bit unknown to me, only some grammatical errors and there might be some scripting problems.
Just let me know about more bugs.

Fixes:
None as of now
I will update it later on.

Tools:
A-Trainer
A-Map
A-intro
XSE
NSE
GBA Item editor
Lips
DNS

Credits:
Hack mew, I used a few of your tools (I love XSE)
Lu-Oh (for A-map)
Game freak
nintendo
Whack A Hack

Team:
Well I have no team:p I did this all myself.
if you would like to offer some help I do need the following things

Some tile help Like new tile ideas
Some pallet help
some more sidequest ideas
not much basic scripting. I can do most of it
Day and night scripting help
ASM help I have no Idea were to even start that
Help making a good banner
Help with the hero's back sprite and in the intro
Help making items exicute scripts
just make sure to pm me.

Downloads:
Well I put up Beta 1.3 because I messed up in sliph co.
release date: 2/27/12

Well the first beta is attached at the bottom!
Beta 1.2 Release date 2/26/12
I fixed a few things and remember if you see any bugs or things you think should be different let me know!
Thanks alot.

Attachments

• Pokemon - Xeneon BETA 1.3.ips
    370.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Years
While this thread more or less met the requirements, I'd like to ask that you give us more in the story area; you should explain why you might suspect your brother (or at least something about your brother), what the Xeneon Crisis was and.. generally, just more.

The screens are okay, but I personally find your tiles/palette changes a little odd (mainly the ground and trees). You should either keep them in the FR palette, or change them entirely (just my opinion, though, so don't let me pressure you or anything! :P) All in all, it's clear that you have a lot of work cut out for you, but I wish you luck on your project :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Grammar needs some work, as do the maps. Try posting your maps in the Map Rating Thread, or look at some of the other maps posted there.
Anyway, good luck. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Pokemon-XeneonBETA11_06.png

Don't use emoticons in a Pokemon hack. It makes it look unprofessional. Your grammar needs work too. Some of the maps need to be improved, in the second and fourth screenies there's too much empty space. Good luck! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
has anyone else noticed that the ow is the gold sprite from shiny gold recoloured?

Well yeah I liked it But I did not copy it And I don't think I took it straight from A shiny gold rom. So please Don't think Im using other peopls stuff Without consent.

Back