• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Hey.
I only saw the update on the making a cake feature. It's really neat. Well done.
I love how far in the story you have progressed.
Keep up the good work OmegaGroudon.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Big update!
screeniesgy8.png

Well, this is a support banner from Legend of Awesome.
Paste these in ur signature:

PokemonRapter1.png

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111656"][IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/Gizmo1_05/PokemonRapter1.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

RomsMaster

N00B Master (and what)
Years
i dunno if you know this already... but when you are near this guy(the guy that says he has Pokemon traps setup) you can jump the ledge and freely go to the other side :0
megahax.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I am not sure if this has been said, but if you lose and don't goto a center before you battle at all, you go to test map from the starter kit o.O

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
WOW, 4 updates in one page!!! I haven't checked here for a while, and its going great.
i loves the screenies and I am downloading the version again on this PC as I have a new one YAY.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
This project looks pretty good, but I have two concerns:

1. 'Raptor'? 'Raptor Ball'? A raptor is a dinosaur, so a 'Raptor Ball' makes no sense, lol. Hopefully, this is just a working title.

2. My apologies if I seem a little offensive, but is English your second language? From the screenshots I see, the grammar is incorrect on varying scales. Perhaps you should get some assistance from someone more proficient with the language.

Again, I don't mean any offense. It looks great and I will be eager to see the release.

Years
This project looks pretty good, but I have two concerns:

1. 'Raptor'? 'Raptor Ball'? A raptor is a dinosaur, so a 'Raptor Ball' makes no sense, lol. Hopefully, this is just a working title.

2. My apologies if I seem a little offensive, but is English your second language? From the screenshots I see, the grammar is incorrect on varying scales. Perhaps you should get some assistance from someone more proficient with the language.

Again, I don't mean any offense. It looks great and I will be eager to see the release.
to answer some of your questions*

1.Raptor was really just a name, and the Ball was to make "Raptor" somewhat unrandom (I don believe)

2.It is indeed, I forgot where he's from though, and those are screen shots he DOES have people fix his grammar, if you read previous pages.

The demo is out. Give it a try.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
OK, after playing through the game until shortly after the first badge, here are some issues I have encountered:

- Music!!! Where is it?
- When walking out of a Pokemon Center, the music doesn't stop. Since there's no other music, this meant that it played the entire time. Very annoying.
- Above the starting town, there is just blackness. I presume you haven't finished the connection for it, but I thought I'd just mention it.
- The trainers near were just too weak. They were so weak I could catch wild Pokemon that were already at a higher level then them.
- Pokemon seemed really hard to catch for some reason. A level 6 Aipom who had critical health and was burned took me 4 Pokeballs to catch. Similar situations occurred with other Pokemon and I become very frustrated.
- Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges.
- My game crashed when I tried to use a Pokemart.
- The grammar is really abysmal. Normally I don't mind the odd misuse of grammar, but when trainers are saying "I'm gonna win you!", there is a problem. Before continuing this project you really, REALLY need to look at this problem.
- General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign?

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.

Years
OK, after playing through the game until shortly after the first badge, here are some issues I have encountered:

- Music!!! Where is it?
- When walking out of a Pokemon Center, the music doesn't stop. Since there's no other music, this meant that it played the entire time. Very annoying.This has already been mentioned multiple times.
- Above the starting town, there is just blackness. I presume you haven't finished the connection for it, but I thought I'd just mention it.Yeah, thats what it is.
- The trainers near were just too weak. They were so weak I could catch wild Pokemon that were already at a higher level then them.
- Pokemon seemed really hard to catch for some reason. A level 6 Aipom who had critical health and was burned took me 4 Pokeballs to catch. Similar situations occurred with other Pokemon and I become very frustrated.Understandabl,e you actually have a point.
- Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges.Oh well.
- My game crashed when I tried to use a Pokemart.Already mentioned
- The grammar is really abysmal. Normally I don't mind the odd misuse of grammar, but when trainers are saying "I'm gonna win you!", there is a problem. Before continuing this project you really, REALLY need to look at this problem.We already know heavily of this, there was no point in stating this at ALL.
- General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign?Thats what houses are for, look around. But I understand where your coming from.

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.I absolutely disagree with this. I found great pleasure in the demo.
Responses in Bold
We already knew about most of this (we as in everyone thatsd already been at this thread)

Years
This game is friken awesome. I would love to play this game.
Then... play it? Theres a demo on the first page (mind you, you might need to have rpg maker installed first).

Responses in Bold
We already knew about most of this (we as in everyone thatsd already been at this thread)
I've been to this thread every now and then, and I didn't know those were mentioned? I just assumed them when I played.

Spoiler:

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.

All of those reasons are why I stopped playing after I went to the Pokemon Center. And I agree with you, it DOES need to be improved on, like for example, the entering doors... why does it just teleport you? If your gonna fix it, then you might as well have done it from the beginning.. Also, the grammar, very hard on the eyes. If your making it for the english speaking public, then you should at least have someone fix up the grammar. It's hard to understand at certain points.

That's what I think anyway.. but if you keep practicing, then I'm sure you'll get better, but for now, I'm not all that impressed. =/ (I hope you take the criticism into consideration =P)

-Krobe

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
- Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges. Oh well.

Is that really the attitude you want to have for this project? It's a fairly big issue, and certainly detracts from the gameplay. Just saying "oh well" makes me think it's a problem you can't be bothered to look in to.

- General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign? Thats what houses are for, look around.

In my opinion, if the player has to waste his time looking in every house and speaking to every person in order to try and obtain an item, then the game is poorly designed. If you'd notice in the actual Pokemon games, signs are placed next to important houses and points of interests. An example of this would be in Pokemon R/S/E, where there was a sign next to a house in Rustboro City that said "Mr. Cut's House".

At first, this project interested me quite a bit. Now, however, I would have to agree with Krobelus in saying that I'm definately not impressed. Don't reply back saying "oh, it's just a demo", because I did mention

Years
Is that really the attitude you want to have for this project? It's a fairly big issue, and certainly detracts from the gameplay. Just saying "oh well" makes me think it's a problem you can't be bothered to look in to.
Of course not,but its not a big deal. and its different. I personally never even notcied it untill you mentioned the 4th gen sprite in 3rd gen game. But it hasnt bugged me.

In my opinion, if the player has to waste his time looking in every house and speaking to every person in order to try and obtain an item, then the game is poorly designed. If you'd notice in the actual Pokemon games, signs are placed next to important houses and points of interests. An example of this would be in Pokemon R/S/E, where there was a sign next to a house in Rustboro City that said "Mr. Cut's House".
Yeah.....but I feel thats just to easy.
At first, this project interested me quite a bit. Now, however, I would have to agree with Krobelus in saying that I'm definately not impressed. Don't reply back saying "oh, it's just a demo", because I did mention
Im not trying to make an excuse for all this. But most of the stupid little things like the music error, and the grammar problem Have/Will been/be tooken care of.
And im glad you mentioned "its just a Demo" cause it is.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I just get my computer back from repairing.
I checked my thread and all I can say is "WHOA!!"
There is so much reply and comment.
Well, thanks for figure out those bugs! I'll improve them.

@Mrchewy -
I know my first demo are not really good. I apologize but I won't dissapoint you all anymore.
Why is my first demo has lots of bug ?
That is because my beta-tester not online.
So I have to test everything myself.
I'm still recruiting beta tester. PM me if u are interested.

And I'll start working on my game.
There's a MINIGAME I'm working.
Stay tune for screenies^^
Keep reply.

Back