• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: When I think of Dark type Pokemon, I think of one word:AWESOME! I always loved their awesomely unique designs and their strong moves! That is why I think DARK TYPES RULE!
Your partners: Scrafty and Crawdaunt
What Types rule:Dark types of course!
Answer the current topic: A monotype team, huh. Alright, this would be my team
Scrafty: Because it's the evolution of my favorite pokemon!
Skunktank: Because it's a skunk! Nuff said.
Spirtomb: I REALLY like this Pokemon's design
Crawdaunt: Because it evolves from Corfish who used to be my favorite pokemon!
Zoroark: Because it's ability is tottaly AWESOME!!
Liepard: Because I really like cats for some reason

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
If you were to make a monotype Dark team, what Pokemon would you use?:

This would be my team.

Spr_4d_248.png
Spr_4p_442.png
Spr_5b_635.png
Spr_4p_430.png
Spr_5b_560.png
Spr_5b_571.png

Mainly because they have a good movepool and good coverage.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey guys, just a quick reminder to please explain your choices when you're answering topics like this rather than just listing a team :)

If you were to make a monotype Dark team, what Pokemon would you use?

633.png

First up is Deino! This would be my partner since it's honestly such an adorable Pokémon and I'd love to have one as my best friend. I know it's not the strongest Pokémon out there but it far makes up for it in personality and charm. I'd also never let it evolve since it's much cuter as a Deino :3

553.png

Up next is Krookodile! This beast of a Pokémon is the first real battler since his huge structure and fierce appearance gives him a great advantage of fear over the other Pokémon whilst his stats and diverse move pool support this greatly, making it a very good Pokémon in general.

452.png

Complementing Krookodile well is Drapion. Going for similar tactics to Krookodile's fear and brute strength, Drapion is another Pokémon with a lot of potential in battle and a great move pool to pick from. I love Poison types so he's a perfect member for me to use and his stall tactics are great. Plus his mouth tassel things are adorable n.n

319.png

Sharpedo is next for one main reason; IT'S A FREAKING SHARK. How much cooler can you get than a massive badass evil shark? His Speed boost ability and respectable Attack give Sharpedo a great advantage over a whole range of Pokémon and with a semi decent move pool coupled with some pretty useful defences, Sharpedo is a Pokémon that can be devastating once set up properly.

342.png

Next to join the team is Crawdaunt since once again, it's a complete badass of a Pokémon. It has great stats and a very interesting typing to work with and it's a walking lobster that punches people in the face - what more could you possibly want? It's a Pokémon that I've always loved so it definitely has a place on my team.

625.png

Last but by no means least is Bisharp! This was a Pokémon that I had always convinced myself I wouldn't like based on his inability to be hugged, but he's earned a place on the team as a result of having a great attack stat and some pretty decent speed and some decent STAB moves to back it up with - also a resistance to Toxic is always very useful. It's a shame about the 4x Fighting weakness but at least there's Pokémon like Drapion to solve that.

Honourable mentions go to Weavile and Umbreon which were both very close to making the team based on their offensive capabilities and general awesomeness, but both are really overused so they'd be far too easy to counter D:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
If you were to make a mono dark team what pokemon would you use?

My team would consist of;

Zoroark: A very nice lead, that is sure to confound the enemy

Honchcrow: Extreemly powerful with its stab moves, high attack, and moxie to sweep opponents.

Sharpedo: Similar to Honchrow however, Sharpedo takes the route of overwhelming speed instead of overwhelming power

Hydreigon: Its Hydreigon. Nuff said. Something is gunna go down with him oin your team

Scrafty: Potent defensive threat, almost immune to status with shed skin, and can sweep with enough bulk ups

Spiritomb: Complements Zoroark's illusion adequately and can provide both offensive and defensive support

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: When I think of Dark type Pokemon, I think of one word:AWESOME! I always loved their awesomely unique designs and their strong moves! That is why I think DARK TYPES RULE!
Your partners: Scrafty and Crawdaunt
What Types rule:Dark types of course!
Answer the current topic: A monotype team, huh. Alright, this would be my team
Scrafty: Because it's the evolution of my favorite pokemon!
Skunktank: Because it's a skunk! Nuff said.
Spirtomb: I REALLY like this Pokemon's design
Crawdaunt: Because it evolves from Corfish who used to be my favorite pokemon!
Zoroark: Because it's ability is tottaly AWESOME!!
Liepard: Because I really like cats for some reason
Welcome to the club Pheonix!!

Good teams everyone. I was gonna actually have Skuntank on mine cause I love that guy. It's a very underrated Pokemon.

Which leads to the next topic;

Is there a Dark-type Pokemon that you think is underrated? Why do you think so?

I pretty much answered this already. A year ago , I got a used copy of Pokemon Diamond with my Christmas money to replace my copy of Diamond that I lost in a hotel when my family went to vacation in Atlanta. Before restarting, I decided to play the last save file for a bit , catch the Lake Guardians and some other Pokemon ,and transfer the Pokemon to my HeartGold and white versions. The last player had some really bad Pokemon in his boxes with awful nicknames including a Stuntank named Bad Purple. So I figured I'd add him to my party. He ended up being one of my key players. It has a good moveset especially Flamethrower and Explosion and pretty decent stats. I've been using one on my current Diamond and Bad Purple rests in a box in my White version name intact. I even named my Stunky in Diamond Bad Purple for old times sake. :)

CourageHound

Years
I think of Mightyena as underrated. Although he may not be nearly as powerful as other dark types, he can ocasionally get some work done. Mightyena share both moxie and sucker puch with Honchcrow. So? That means, although somewhat less effective and alot more situational, Mightyena can possibly sweep similar to honchcrow.

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Username:MichaelSK16
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark-types are, in my opinion, the coolest Pokemon. They always have a somewhat-sinister look to them, and look like they get into a lot of mischief. Plus, they have this cool feel to them.
Your partners: (Up to two) Sneasel amd Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

Answer the current topic:
I think Sableye is underrated. It has no weaknesses. The only problem is that it was completely decimated in the process of being created. Poor stats and a less-than-stellar movepool make him a less-than-desirable choice. While I guess that makes Sableye's less-than-popular appeal understandable, I still feel that it should be given more credit for what it was given.

CourageHound

Years
Username:MichaelSK16
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark-types are, in my opinion, the coolest Pokemon. They always have a somewhat-sinister look to them, and look like they get into a lot of mischief. Plus, they have this cool feel to them.
Your partners: (Up to two) Sneasel amd Sableye
What Types rule: Dark types rule!

Answer the current topic:
I think Sableye is underrated. It has no weaknesses. The only problem is that it was completely decimated in the process of being created. Poor stats and a less-than-stellar movepool make him a less-than-desirable choice. While I guess that makes Sableye's less-than-popular appeal understandable, I still feel that it should be given more credit for what it was given.

Welcome to the club! Looks like a very sneaky team ;). And yea i do agree that sabyle is underrated by most due to the above reason. But Sableye did get a big boost 5th gen from its dream world abillity; prankster. With that it gets +1 priority on its passive moves, most notably being will-o-wisp, recover, and taunt letting him become a great supporter/disrupter. Not only that but now it can also use other's power against them with foul play, so not all is lost for Sableye :D.

Treecko

Years
Welcome to the club Michael! I agree with with you, Sableye is ver underrated.

Sorry for my absence , I've been somewhat busy. Anyway, since we've got new Pokemon games coming out, time for a new topic:

Pokemon X and Y have been announced which means Gen VI is around the corner. What kind of Dark-type Pokemon you want to see introduced in Generation VI? (Meaning new type-combos/ new Pokemon either based on animals,object,etc.)

Go ahead and shorten it if you like.

CourageHound

Years
What kind of Dark-type Pokemon you want to see introduced in Generation VI?

I wanna see more new animals mostly and I want for those new pokemon to be able to shine just as dark types have been for the past 5 generations. Just plain awesome

As for stradegies, i'd like to see more dark type moves that are both powerful and center their focus on trickery. Like a move that confuses the opponent into randomizing its battle stats. Like have speed switch with def, and def with sp attack, etc. Things like that. But in short, we just need more dark moves.

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015

I would like to see some kind of ninja-like dark type Pokemon. That would be pretty cool. Also, I think the grass type starter might be part dark type because it uses a dark type move in the video and like CourageHound already said, more dark type moves would be awesome!

CourageHound

Years
Elaborating, I know we have moves like sucker punch, crunch, foul play, night slash, and dark pulse as notable dark type moves...and thats it. :L Its not like we are scrap for moves its just the dark type doesnt seem to have cmoon moves much power behind their attacks(and by that i mean a dark type move with base 100 or more) or very much dark utility moves besides taunt. I'd like to see some moreof those.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014

I'm really hoping for Yveltal to be a dark type because it looks like one.As for the others hopefully they'll be like in the past with awesome designs.I'm agreeing with courage to have a Dark-type move that has a base attack of 100 or more.

Treecko

Years

I wanna see more new animals mostly and I want for those new pokemon to be able to shine just as dark types have been for the past 5 generations. Just plain awesome

As for stradegies, i'd like to see more dark type moves that are both powerful and center their focus on trickery. Like a move that confuses the opponent into randomizing its battle stats. Like have speed switch with def, and def with sp attack, etc. Things like that. But in short, we just need more dark moves.
Really like this trickery like move idea, would give Dark-types more of an advantage and then maybe it could confuse the opponent which ultimately leads to more damage. Plus I would really like having a Dark move with more than 100 damage.

Yeah not good at keeping this club active. But I guess we can have another Gen VI related topic.

Do you think we'll see any Dark type legendary Pokemon in Gen VI?

Personally I see Yveltal as being part Dark-type. Hopefully it's Dark/Flying cause we only have 4 of those (Vullaby and Murkrow's family) but none are a Legendary pokemon so it would be unique. The way it looks with the red and black and the veins just makes it look like it fits with the Dark types.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yvetii... Yeveyla... Yetevel... the black bird thing! I don't remember his name exactly (so I'll just steal it from the post above >:]), but I agree with most of the people above thinking that Yveltal is definitely looking to be a Dark type. Probably with Xerneas as a Psychic type so the two can have some kind of struggle going on, maybe a whole good vs evil situation where good is disadvantaged since it can't hurt Dark types so the hero has to help or..? I have no idea, but basically I'm expecting Yveltal to be dark haha. Other than that, I think we're quite low on Dark type legendaries (Darkrai being the only one I can think of, but I'm not entirely awake :p), so I'd definitely love to see some more. I think a Dark type land-air-starfish-design would be incredibly cool. It could hover above the land streaming out jets of black clouds to engulf the world in twilight and look badass whilst doing it. Cool? I think so!

CourageHound

Years
Haha, yush I do agree in hopes that Yveltal will be dark type. Like the above said, it would make even greater sense if Xerneas was psychic type. But ya never know. Its color scheme and design definately shouts "Dark!". But in any situation, I guess it would depend on their story roles. Heck, Xerneas with its sparkling antlers may be even able to change type.

Treecko

Years
. I think a Dark type land-air-starfish-design would be incredibly cool. It could hover above the land streaming out jets of black clouds to engulf the world in twilight and look badass whilst doing it. Cool? I think so!

Honestly this sounds like a really cool idea for a legendary. I think maybe a evil ninja like Dark-type legendary would neat that would have a Stealth Mode or Stealth-Form and had the ability to attack incognito like. Yeah Accelgor is probably a ninja-based Pokemon, but it's a Bug-type. D:

CourageHound

Years
I think maybe a evil ninja like Dark-type legendary would neat that would have a Stealth Mode or Stealth-Form and had the ability to attack incognito like.

Now youve got me thinkin about some kinda dark type starmie with an altered shadow force. Maybe the pokemon wud have the abillity to spin sooo fast, it became one with the shadows till it slowed down?(if that makes sense?)

FluffyChickon

A Chick-on of Fluffy
Years
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: cluk cluk burrrak (that they're strong sly and are super awsome)
Your partners: cluk!!! (cacture for sure)
What Types rule: clukk burrr cluk clukclu (dark!!! is there any other type?)
Answer the current topic: burrrrrrark!!!! (they need a hectic dog/wolf ledgerndary pokemon related to the moon!! like keeper of the moon!! i would borther catching that dawg!!! marster ball the fool!!)

and the the above conversations. i agree that the "Y" pokemon looks dark!! dark/flying even but who cares! and we need a OP dark move like... dark force? or demon slash? like a over powering attack that also lowers attack or defence?

Last edited:
Years
Username: WeightyWillBill
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are cool lol. They have awesome attacking stats
Your partners: Houndoom and Weavile
What Types rule: Dark lol
Answer the current topic: It's very possible that Yveltal is Dark type, but GF has only really given the Dark-love to Darkrai ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back