• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do with filler Pokemon from Wonder Trade?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I'm currently stockpiling them for Loto-IDs. One day I'm going to release ones with redundant 3-last digits... I was kinda hoping that Pokebank would have had an easy way to sort things by player ID, but I guess I can do it by spreadsheet. 8^)

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
Years
I'm a big fan of Wonder Trade. I love the quick simplicity of trading with other people without getting frustrated from looking for something specific. I've learned that its a little less than 50/50 of people breeding to the people just tossing whatever cruddy pokemon they've just caught onto WT.

Whenever I get something that someone clearly just caught to throw up on WT I find myself releasing them back into the wild. When someone's been clearly breeding, I like to look over the pokemon more thoroughly before deciding whether or not I'm going to rerelease it onto WT or just release it into the wild.

I like seeing what people are breeding. I also like sharing my hard-to-get, bred Pokemon with everyone else!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I hope whoever is trading those horrible Pokemon are happy to be receiving flawless shinies in return lol The worse the Pokemon is the more I want to trade better Pokemon to make Wonder Trade better for others. Please don't trade a Weedle you caught hoping for one of my shinies though. :(

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
if it's something caught before the point where I'm at, and it's english, I just stash them in a box to use as junk, since I have a habit of helping hold items for people when they're restarting. Sometimes I take a few out if the box is getting to be more than halfway full and spread Pokerus to them and trade 'em away.

I fit's something that's not English or German, I usually keep it in a box with all my other foreign Pokemon.

German Pokemon I just retrade if I can just get one myself later on. (My game is in German anyway)

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
So far, I've kept them all. I like receiving breeding leftovers because they help me complete my dex, haha.

I'll probably release the worse ones when I'm running out of space, just like you guys.

Years
I usually do breeding projects that often leave me wonder trading out a lot of stuff and getting a lot of junk in return. Sometimes nice things, but not often. Over the months the game has been out, my boxes are starting to look like an episode of hoarders, so every once in awhile I have to do spring cleaning and release (delete) the ones I no longer need/want and don't have the time to chain Wonder Trades in the hopes of getting something goodish. I pretty much have just about everything I could want save for a few guys with hidden abilities at this point. So there's really no reason for me to keep a dozen or so Eevees for no particular reason.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
I tend to keep them if they're different language ones or ones that seem to have some potential for breeding. I trade away anything else.

Did get an Ocean Vivillon, though. If I get ones from other regions, I'll probably keep 'em too.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
If they have 4-5 IVs and I don"t already have one that I've bred, I'll keep it. If I do have it then I send it back out. Junk Pokemon, Fletchling, Weedle, Panmonkeys. I just release.

I typically send out 3-5 IVd breeding rejects.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Usually, I put them back into Wonder Trade. I don't regret it at all, honestly, because those who end up receiving them are probably used to it already, just like I am. xD" If they don't like it, then they could easily trade them back.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I mostly just keep the ones i get since 80% of the time i get a Japanese pokemon which I can use the Masuda method on for shiny breeding :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It depends on the Pokemon really. If a Pokemon I got is something I already have and it has sucky stats, I'll release them. If it has a slightly offensive name (got a ton of them lol), I'll release them. If it has an interesting characteristic like an egg move, or infected bt Pokerus, or good IVs, I'll keep it for breeding purposes. All others, especially sucky abilities they go back into WT.

Schizii

Always tired.
Years
I usually just get rid of them if they're rubbish. If they're from another country, sometimes I'll keep them, depending on which pokes they are if I may in the future want to breed for a shiny.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I keep the different-country ones for myself for the most part, just out of collection.

I evolve the Scatterbugs I see to see which pattern they'll come with.

I re-wonder Starters I already have.

As for the extra guys like Bunnelby, there's an 80% chance I'll release it, unless I'm on a spam-WT quest. I'll just keep sending out whatever I get, good or bad, for the heck of it.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
I mean, if it's something like a Fletchling that you can easily catch in the wild, I just release those.
If it's something more of value but I already have it then I just use Wonder Trade again.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
I can't remember the pokemon I got but it was a few off wonder trade I use them for HMs lol I don't want to go to the effort and teaching my main pokemon HMs then later have to delete the move and relearn the move before that was deleted aka tm moves so yer :-)

Gible

Y L I E S S E
Years
I usually save up until I get 5 and then I'll infect them all with Pokerus and send them back. No one doesn't like Pokerus. (Double negative? Idk, I suck at grammar haha)

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
I'll go and check my lottery first to see I've won anything good with all the new IDs I've got. Then I IV check em and run a simple rule: If I have it already or its not 4 IVs+ it gets released. Fletchling gets released on sight, I am so tired of big pecks fletchling. Everything else gets hoarded and I usualy find my next breeding project from amongst the Wonder Trades!

Back