• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Please help with Oblivion!

I have a game called Oblivion, and it's a game in a series of games called Elder Scrolls. I have the base game, and I have a disk called Knights of the Nine. It contains all of the dlc you can get. At first, I didn't care about it because I thought it only contained Knights of the Nine... then I loaded it up because I want KOT9, and my jaw dropped when I found out it had all of them. I installed them all, and they worked without a problem (I got all the quests and stuff), and so I had fun with them. I hadn't done the KOT9 part yet, so I decided I was going to make a new character that was going to be a Knight and focus on heroic stuff, like the Knights Of The White Stallion quest. So I made a dude, and I went through the tutorial and got through the sewers. I was really excited to try KOT9, so I rushed to Anvil to find The Prophet (I had done some research before hand), but he wasn't there. I waited about a week in the game, and he still didn't show up. So I went around all the cities and asked various people about rumors, because I read that that's another way to find out about the attack on anvil. But I asked LOADS of people about it, but I still didn't find out. Just stupid stuff about Uriel's murder :pink_tongue:. I checked the data files on the Oblivion launcher to make sure it was ticked, and it was. I noticed the master file (Oblivion.esm) was unticked, so I ticked it. I tried loading it up again just now, in case it worked this time, but it didn't. So I need help with getting it to work.

If you need anymore information involving this problem, don't hesitate to ask. I've tried reinstalling it twice, but it makes no difference.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
i cant remember much about KoN but from what i can i believe you have to be a certain level in order to initiate the DLC quests. also i believe that level would be 10. i could be wrong as i usually just play the original oblivion disc on 360 and not the expansions but the lvl 10 requirement for DLC are common in TES.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
i cant remember much about KoN but from what i can i believe you have to be a certain level in order to initiate the DLC quests. also i believe that level would be 10. i could be wrong as i usually just play the original oblivion disc on 360 and not the expansions but the lvl 10 requirement for DLC are common in TES.

Ah... he is level one. :pink_tongue: I'll see if it registers on my main character. They're beyond level ten.

EDIT* Just tried it, and there's still no Prophet, and there's still no mention of the attack. Any other ideas for me? :pink_smile:

EDIT** Does it matter about the characters I have, or do I have to have finished a different quest beforehand? Someone please help! :pink_confused:

EDIT*** (I know, I'll stop doing edits soon! :pink_tongue:) I think the problem with my main character is... he's kind of... got a lot of Infamy. That might be why The Prophet isn't showing up. I'll get my Knight up to level 10 or so, and then see if he's there. He's level 2 though... anyone got a way for me to level up quickly (without thieving or murder)? :chu: <-- I love that smiley!!!! <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Which DS to buy?

Hello all! ( Not sure if this is the correct forum ) I am soon going to get a DS for Christmas thought i am not sure which of all them to pick, I am generally going to use it only for Pokemon may play something else thought still probably only pokemon so i was wondering which of all the DSes should i get for it? I looked around and saw that most people say DSi thought still i am not sure because as far i understood future pokemon games will be only 3DS so might aswell buy now one and save money later. And if you do agree for getting a 3DS would you also recommend XL? Thanks!

Years
I personally wouldn't recommend the XL because the touch screen is quite pix-elated on that console. Probably get a 3DS if you're considering a long term investment.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A 3DS would be a good console to pick, since some Pokemon games will be on that console, plus...you can play older Pokemon games like HG/SS on there so there is no need to obtain an older DS console. A 3DS (probably a 3DS XL) is a better choice.

also, I heard DSi and DSiXL are bad in terms of touchscreens, so I shall second Drakow there.

NatureKeeper

I personally recommend a 3DS (XL). I haven't tried a 3DS XL, but they say the larger screens are better, and it is generally more sturdy than the regular 3DS. Plus the 3DS XL has some good offers with pre-installed titles like Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 7 for free so you are saving the cost of a game (plus technically with the price of these separately for 3DS vanilla, you got a 3DS XL). By the way, screen resolution shouldn't be a factor between systems, really. 3DS (XL) alike have a subpar pixel density.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Help! My Wii can't read!

Hey there. I recently tried going on my wii, but it doesn't read any of the disks. I have tried inserting the disk both sides, resetting the wii, resyncing it, nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a solution?

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Thanks. They are retail. Should I get someone to work on it? Or would it be better just to get the new Wii U instead?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Need some opinions on N64 games

Ok so I'm planing on getting my (Online brother) an N64 (Nintendo 64 for those of you that may not know) and I have one myself but I need some opinions on some games to buy for him. Keep in mind he's 23 years old.

He also likes RPG's and I understand that the N64 didn't sell well do to its lack of RPG's but I still want to get him this system because I think he'll like it.

So I was thinking about the following games (if I can find them and no sorry I'm not allowed to order online): Megaman 64, Super Paper Mario, bomberman 64, 007, Kirby 64.ect

I'm thinking about getting him those I'm wondering what else I should look for I have a store that I go to and I know the guy has the system I just need your folks opinion on what other games I should get him.

Sir Codin

The N64 was my first console. Here are some suggestions:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Paper Mario
- Super Mario 64
- Jet Force Gemini
- Goldeneye 007
- Perfect Dark
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Pokemon Snap
- BattleTanx: Global Assault
- Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Super Smash Bros.
- Kirby 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Donkey Kong 64

Hope this helps.

Paper Mario is an RPG, so he may really like that one. The Legend of Zelda games for the N64 are also legendary...my personal favorites in the series.

You may just have to order online, though, because some of these are pretty hard to find in stores nowadays due to the console's age and the popularity and rarity of some of the suggestions.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Just merged your posts in here xxReshiramxx, this is where any quick questions should go.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hope this is the right spot for this, ok, I have a 3ds, a pokemon game that I like to trade online with and an AR, problem is it connects fine w/o ar in it but when I go to connect with the ar in it tells me there is no access point in range, what is causing this? I don't have this issue with my ds lite and the same ar inserted in it at all.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Yes but on the front of the AR it says for (just like this) 3DS DSi DS Lite? I mean I haven't trying going to DW with it but I can work around it if need be, but it should connect either way just like the other AR's and DS's.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Pokemon DS game

I think this is not the place for this post but...
Is it normal if the gold part of the back of a DS game is scratched?:\

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Buy a Wii U or not?

Hi guys, I hope its ok I ask here.
Basically, I have enough money saved from my savings and christmas to afford a games console. I did use to have a PS3 and a wii, but the PS3 broke and I sold the wii.
I was originally just looking at a PS3, but now I really quite like the look of the Wii U. I had a very extended go of one a couple of times in the past week, and I really liked it. My question is

Do I get the basic one or the prenium one?
What are the shortfalls of the basic one?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Basically the premium one comes with more storage space, a few accessories, and Nintendo Land. I believe it's also got some kind of ordeal that involves getting a little bit on money back on digital purchases you make, but I don't know much about that.

For the extra bit of money, it'd be easier to go with the premium for the extra space.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
Thats what it seemed like to me too :)
Another question, the Wii U has access to the wii's virtual console/back catalogue right?

Back