• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
well go to unzl and search around the thousands sorry i dont have the exact nuber ut should be about 2000 if its pokemon sprites then go higher untill you find the trainers then just search until you find it :)

Yeah, I've searched sprites 1 - 2086 in unLZ tho and didn't see it. It's the bigger sprite from Oak's intro at the beginning of the game, so since it's bigger than 64x64 I'm not sure if it'd be just one sprite or a set. Hmmmm...

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
How is it possible to edit non-compressed image data? unLZ can only find compressed data (at least I think)

I want to edit the skip-text arrow (the red arrow shown below)
r1Wb2.png

The question is: how?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
3 Quick Questions.

So hey.

I'm hacking pokemon Ruby and I'm making new areas and stuff so I came up with these questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust the rate of wild shiny pokemon? I would love to change it from 1/8000 to 1/200

2. I just made my underwater map, but there are no wild pokemon appearing in the grass underwater. I looked at the original underwater map and no wild pokemon were defined. So how do I get the pokemon with the levels I want into the grass of my underwater map?

3. Side-question (not that important), but I'm currently using PET to edit trainers, and I don't really like it. What program do you use to edit trainers? Why is it a good program?

Thanks in advance,
Profit

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
It appears the no one seem to answer my question, if there is anyone out there who can please tell me..

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I on Nameless Sprite Editor I can only seem to acess the Overworld Sprites, but on screenshots etc I have seen pokemon sprites being edited. Does anyone know how I can acess the pokemon sprites?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I on Nameless Sprite Editor I can only seem to acess the Overworld Sprites, but on screenshots etc I have seen pokemon sprites being edited. Does anyone know how I can acess the pokemon sprites?

The creator has released plugins too. Under one of the menus is the option to load one of those plugins to edit other things.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Posidon said:
The creator has released plugins too. Under one of the menus is the option to load one of those plugins to edit other things.
If you can't get the plug-in to work, then you (Posidon) could try the Advanced Series programs. They work very well for editing Pokemon sprites and their positioning in battles.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
If you can't get the plug-in to work, then you (Posidon) could try the Advanced Series programs. They work very well for editing Pokemon sprites and their positioning in battles.

Thanks to you both. Also, I've written a peice of code I want for a person event on advance map and I'm not sure how to include it. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
I tried to download Advance Trainer from your link, but my computer doesn't allow it, as it tells me it's a Trojan...

EDIT: Nevermind, read in the tools thread that it's an issue with McAfee.
Still waiting for answers on my other two questions, couldn't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I tried to download Advance Trainer from your link, but my computer doesn't allow it, as it tells me it's a Trojan...

Your antivirus is giving you a false positive. If you use McAfee, find some way to disable it for now, as that apparently gives a load of false positives.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Hi, it's me again.
as for the image in my last post
r1Wb2.png

Does anyone know where should I search for the screen arrow data (the red arrow in the pic) in my rom? it's Emerald, BPEE...

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Thanks to you both. Also, I've written a peice of code I want for a person event on advance map and I'm not sure how to include it. Any help would be appreciated.
Compile it into the ROM using XSE, and write down the offset that XSE used. (It will be in the small window that pops up after compiling.)

Go to AdvanceMap and select the person event. On the sidebar, there should be a "Script offset" field. Keep those first three symbols ("$00") and replace the remainder with the offset that XSE gave you. Save the map.

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
3 questions very simple
1) what is the difference if i select search from beginning of rom than to not on FSF
2) is there a limit of new offset scripts i can add
3) umm... i forgot

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
3 questions very simple
1) what is the difference if i select search from beginning of rom than to not on FSF
2) is there a limit of new offset scripts i can add
3) umm... i forgot

1.if u press search from beginning of rom it might find u free space but maybe it wont find u enough space for that spprites or pic or whatsover u are inserting and might overwrite actuall data.
2.as long as u have free space u can inserte everything with 16 olours(i think)
3.hopefully all this helped u a bit:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back