• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo Event

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is from Serebii. First thing I do when I wake up is Check PokeNews XD

Serebii said:
For you American players, the retailer store Gamestop is to offer a download of the Pokémon Keldeo from August 27th to October 6th. This offers Keldeo in its Ordinary Form and can be changed to Resolute Form when traded to Pokémon Black 2 & White 2. It can also learn Secret Sword in Black & White when taken to the Moor of Icirrus. Presumably it will be identical to the Japanese event currently running. International dates and details are not known.

Ok so Keldeo will be done through B/W so we won't get a Keldeo Event for B2W2...Sadness....also how do they plan on doing Gamestop distributions when Nintendo removed all of the DS systems that the stores were using to distribute these? XD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
oh goodness yay Keldeo looks adorable I can't wait

oh but no I won't be able to get it

DANG IT SMALL TOWNS DANG IT DANG IT DANG SFBKJVSDNBKJKDJSH

This utter disappointment happens for every event, I swear

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's nice for Americans ;; Please include EB Games so I can do the awkward thing of downloading there lmao

I want Keldeoooooo so better be for Australia eventually too. Good to hear, anyway, that BW gets it n_n

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
also how do they plan on doing Gamestop distributions when Nintendo removed all of the DS systems that the stores were using to distribute these? XD

Magic? Perhaps wizards are involved at some point.

What I'm trying to work out is does it activate the B/W Keldeo Event that's been sitting there since release, or is it just a straight-up Mystery Gift download? I'd also be interested in this being released internationally - probably via. Wi-Fi (everything usually is here).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Magic? Perhaps wizards are involved at some point.

What I'm trying to work out is does it activate the B/W Keldeo Event that's been sitting there since release, or is it just a straight-up Mystery Gift download? I'd also be interested in this being released internationally - probably via. Wi-Fi (everything usually is here).

Near the end of the quote in my original post:

It can also learn Secret Sword in Black & White when taken to the Moor of Icirrus.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Ok so Keldeo will be done through B/W so we won't get a Keldeo Event for B2W2...Sadness...

So... You'd rather have to wait 3-4 more months (or more) for Keldeo?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This kinda stinks for Canadians. We have Electronics Baloney here.

I might be relying on a trade from someone who can clone; alas, it won't be in my trainer ID. I really have looked forward to this as a possible Mystery Gift.

And I did read right about the Moor of Icirrus, I guess...

Also, there could still be a B2/W2 event. Remember, the movie comes out November or something?

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I will only consider this good news when Australia gets their opportunity to get theirs. I swear if they pull another Celebi on us...
It got pulled on everyone outside of Japan. Keep in mind Celebi was an in-game thing on any Japanese version of the game, and I think the reason for the change was when the anime crew decided to remove the GS Ball from the story arc, thus making the appearance in the game equally pointless in their eyes. Rumours circulated ever since about it having Celebi in the anime, which was confirmed in 2008 when discussing the abandoned arc of the story.

Of course, if you're referring to an EVENT Celebi, that is something else. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It got pulled on everyone outside of Japan. Keep in mind Celebi was an in-game thing on any Japanese version of the game, and I think the reason for the change was when the anime crew decided to remove the GS Ball from the story arc, thus making the appearance in the game equally pointless in their eyes. Rumours circulated ever since about it having Celebi in the anime, which was confirmed in 2008 when discussing the abandoned arc of the story.

Of course, if you're referring to an EVENT Celebi, that is something else. :)

Cyclone

The GS Ball wasn't removed from the Anime and served its purpose Anime wise. It was to be studied by Ivy for the Orange Islands which was why Ash went to the Orange Islands, and then later sent to Kurt in Johto which gave Ash a reason to go to Johto. That was the only purpose it had in the Anime.

The Anime doesn't translate into the games however seeing as the Anime takes information from the games to make their world. Events aren't as common outside of Japan because the main focus for Events are usually in Japan where the games make most of their money. They aren't popular enough outside. Look at the D/P Event items that weren't handed out. We also didn't get the Lock Capsule.

Event wise, Japan gets the best treatment, everywhere else gets shafted.

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Events aren't as common outside of Japan because the main focus for Events are usually in Japan where the games make most of their money. They aren't popular enough outside. Look at the D/P Event items that weren't handed out. We also didn't get the Lock Capsule.

D/P didn't get the Member Card/Oak's Letter in Japan.
Japan didn't get the Lock Capsule either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
D/P didn't get the Member Card/Oak's Letter in Japan.
Japan didn't get the Lock Capsule either.

They were released though. Cause you can get Darkrai and Shaymin through those events.

Japan also still gets roughly 10 events to international's 1.

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
They were released though. Cause you can get Darkrai and Shaymin through those events.

Japan also still gets roughly 10 events to international's 1.

You can, but not legitimately.
Member Card and Oak's Letter were only distributed for Platinum.

Most D/P Darkrai and Shaymin are obtained via Tweaking glitch and/or E4 Door Surf glitch.
The rest are obtained by cheating for the item.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The GS Ball wasn't removed from the Anime and served its purpose Anime wise. It was to be studied by Ivy for the Orange Islands which was why Ash went to the Orange Islands, and then later sent to Kurt in Johto which gave Ash a reason to go to Johto. That was the only purpose it had in the Anime.
This discussion belongs completely in the anime forum, but I will settle it for this forum by pointing out that you have some reading to do. From the interview I link:

What's the deal with the GS Ball? As I said "GS Ball," he shook his head and started to laugh, embarrassed. He stated "You're very sharp (for us remembering that, I guess)" and began to explain it contained a Gold and Silver monster. I asked him if Celebi was in the Ball (since you use it to summon Celebi in the Japanese games), and at first he paused, as if he shouldn't say, but then said "Yes." He explained that the writers were originally going to have a whole story about Celebi in the show with Ash and crew, and he made it sound as if the story was more important than the Ball's function of getting Ash to move around (in fact, he only briefly mentioned the latter part; he was emphasizing the existence of the story more than anything). But, they decided to save Celebi for the movie instead, which is why that plot hole was just left there. He said the writers didn't know what to do with the Ball after they made their decision, so they were hoping fans would just forget about it all together when Ash and crew left it with Kurt.
And that settles that debate.

Also, there was one item that was never released in any of D/P/P, and that item gets you to discover Arceus (I believe the Azure Flute). Since that item was abandoned, there is (and remains to today) no legitimate way to catch Arceus in any Pokémon game.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2019
Well Its About Time Huh?I Heard It Will Activate A Special Event When Put Into Black & White 2

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Well this is interesting.

The official Pokémon website has announced that a new Pokémon, assumed by the silhouette to be Keldeo, will be distributed in the UK in participating GAME and Gamestation stores for Black and White versions from September 1, 2012 until October 11, 2012, the day before Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 versions launch in Europe. The participating GAME and Gamestation stores are currently unknown.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/UK_Keldeo_event_announced

Seems we're actually getting a real, shop-based event after all. After all this time too. o.O I can't even remember when we had the last one. Most of the giveaways in America are usually just given out via. Wi-Fi over here.

Further to the point, I thought GAME and Gamestation had gone into administration?

Back