• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
its a shame to see that this project is dying... i dont mean to be rude or anything, but we really need to pick this back up. Originally I just signed up to encourage the team, and help out, but no1 seems to actually do anything.

Aight so i'm gonna try to perk this thread up again.

1. Do we have a complete story-line yet? Not a general outline, but an actual story-line. This includes main conversations, events, etc. If not, what do we have so far? This is mostly for the scripters, cuz if we can atleast detail some of the main events, they can write up the scripts.

2. Can we please start from the first area? No1 seems to want to listen, but we have like 4-5 mappers, and every1 is randomly choosing an area on the map and working. If we start with the first 2-3 towns, that should give us about 8-10 maps. Lets start with that, each mapper does his/her own thing, gets feedback from the team and we compile the whole thing later...

3. Partially hasn't come back yet, so I suggest just working with the default tileset till she comes back. Its either that, or there are plenty of tiles available on the net that we can use. Do we really need 100% custom tiles?

I'm sorry to say, but this thread seems really dead to me. (Unless every1's been secretly working the whole time, then its all good). This had so much enthusiasm in the beginning and it all petered out... what happened?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I hear you loud and clear. I am working on some sprites for the Gym Leaders as well as trying to write up the first little part of the story line.... But I have been really busy with my sprite shop and I think I am going to explode due to the overload.
But to answer your questions"
1. No, we just have the general outlines that are in the old thread.
2. Good idea. We have route 1 done (on the first post) but other than that nothing.
3.Agreed. I think that we have some tiles on DA that mineox showed me, will post them when I find the link.
Also, mappers, forget your current assignments atm. We need to get going or else this hack is going to die. It doesn't help that everyone just suddenly went inactive, but it doesn't mean that we have to all be sitting ducks. So as of now, your assignments are invalid. I will be giving out new assignments ASAP. Expect your PM inbox to be overflowing.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yes Ark_Silvanos is right we should get working on the storyline without it we scripters won't have any idea to do in the game...:(

@Cosmotone8

Why not post some sprites here on the thread to see some of your progress we won't gonna proceed much further with OUTKIN not around so we might as well get ready...:)

Cmon guys get hacking!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There you go. Have more in the works, not ready to be shown yet. May have to improvise on some of them/redo them since Nino is gone. You can clearly tell what the difference is between my sprites and hers, and I would like them all to look the same.

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hmm, interesting..I like them except the red haired guy.His hair ... ? :D

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There you go. Have more in the works, not ready to be shown yet. May have to improvise on some of them/redo them since Nino is gone. You can clearly tell what the difference is between my sprites and hers, and I would like them all to look the same.

Nice sprites Cosmotone8 glad you posted them...:)

Really liked the red-haired guy and the black0haired guy! :D

Years
@cosmo... i was hesitant to say this before, but nino's sprites are horribly pillow shaded. Stick to your shading, it looks better.

also what do u guys think about adding more hacks? like maybe if some of the members have other hacks they have and need help with or something? It would help reduce some of the inactivity, cuz every1 would have something they could work on, but we'd primarily focus on the team hack (Pkm Day nd Night) I kno i'm contemplating a hack and I probably would need some help in the future, so it would be so much easier if i knew some ppl who could help me out with whatever parts instead of having to post in the Help recruitment thread or make another team :P

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey, do you guys know if we can insert badge sprites? I have some ideas for them and want to sprite them. :P

Yes, we can insert badge sprites we'll just find them somewhere in UNLZ just make sure that they're in 16 colors and on the same size as the badges in the ROM and that's it....:)

@Ark_silvanos

That would be a great Idea since were not getting much progress here, but the other members here are quite busy too, Like Cosmotone8 he's busy from his sprite shop the other's Inactive from either School, Sickness, or LAZINESS :D and Me, I have so much to do with other ppl's hacks but I'm sure many will gradually help you once they are done with their projects :D

mineox100

Hey.
Years

Yes, we can insert badge sprites we'll just find them somewhere in UNLZ just make sure that they're in 16 colors and on the same size as the badges in the ROM and that's it....:)

Oh thanks! I sprited them anyways, but now I know it works! :P
223L9.png

Anything I should change? Anyone like the designs?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years

Oh thanks! I sprited them anyways, but now I know it works! :P
223L9.png

Anything I should change? Anyone like the designs?

I'm gonna rate them one by one by 10

1st Badge - 6/10
2nd Badge - 8/10
3rd Badge - 6/10
4th Badge - 7/10
5th Badge - 5/10
6th Badge - 6.5/10
7th Badge - 8.5/10
8th Badge - 8.5/10

Well that's my rating for you.... :D

mineox100

Hey.
Years

I'm gonna rate them one by one by 10

1st Badge - 6/10
2nd Badge - 8/10
3rd Badge - 6/10
4th Badge - 7/10
5th Badge - 5/10
6th Badge - 6.5/10
7th Badge - 8.5/10
8th Badge - 8.5/10

Well that's my rating for you.... :D

But can I get constructive criticism? D:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Ugghh.... Things cannot get worse. I just found out I have Mono after a trip to the doctor yesterday. Got it when I accidentally took someone's drink. Here is a link for those of you who are interested in what it is. So I'm basically gonna be off PC for a bit till I recover.... Will be checking this thread often since I can't let this fall apart but I'm not going to be spriting at all. :( Real sorry guys, nothing I can really do to get over it.

Years
lol who have u been kissing? :P... but seriously... get well soon, mate. Take your time and get some rest. I have been spriting fakemon, mainly for my own hack, but we can use them here as well (as long as i get the final word on their names and flavor text (for uniformity reasons) other data you guys can decide on. Also, i've been learing a couple of things to incorporate into my own hack, that we could implement here if we need:

They're all pretty easy, so if u guys were already doing them, then just ignore me :P

1. New Items/Evolution Stones (Lol... very very basic... just following JPANs item thread)
2. New Moves
3. New Animations
4. New Abilities (This is very limited... So it would be limited to abilities that directly affect battle... like Iron Fist, and Immunity to a certain type or something, etc.)

^I've never technically tired any of these :P, but based on what i've seen they're pretty easy to implement, so it shouldn't be 2 much of a problem.

Any opinions?

Years
I was talking bout this. If we wanted new moves, it shouldn't be too hard to add a custom background, etc. Or we can just use the one's present already, if we wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back