• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [BETA 1 RELEASED] Pokemon Infernal Legend

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Hey there.

I'm loving the looking of this so far. The palletes look great. the bag too and the new OW (i recognise that from somewhere lol) the tiles its all great work.

I just know you wont give this up.
good luck.
link

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This game looks AWESOME
---
Best of luck
---
Can't wait til the beta comes out
---
SPARKLES!!!

Hey there.

I'm loving the looking of this so far. The palletes look great. the bag too and the new OW (i recognise that from somewhere lol) the tiles its all great work.

I just know you wont give this up.
good luck.
link
Thanks, yeah I've seen that OW somewhere. A certain gsc remake will be using it soon, (actually did u mean LC coz I was thinking of SG :laugh:) Some tiles have been added and some have been improved.

I might be releasing a small Alpha this week, beta testing just needs to be finished :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Great hack. Let's hope we tried it soon.

A question.Were do you find such as sprites as the one Groudon has? It's from Battle Revolution, right?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
PREVIEW RELEASED!!!

Great hack. Let's hope we tried it soon.

A question.Were do you find such as sprites as the one Groudon has? It's from Battle Revolution, right?

So now here it is, the preview. It only goes up to the first gym and if you try and cheat you wap through the reigion, you'll end up in a Knato with messed up tiles.

Read this before playing http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966 and if anybody ask anything that is explained in there, it will be counted as spam.

Now enjoy!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Looks good. :)
I'm going to try it right now.

Edit:I just finished this hack.
And it's very good actually good job i hope you finish it. :)
Also the intro where you explain that it's a hack and you call the (player) and tota(Total) idiot if they bought this game.
Yeah you spelt Total wrong. :)
Didn't know if you knew or not.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Looks good. :)
I'm going to try it right now.

Edit:I just finished this hack.
And it's very good actually good job i hope you finish it. :)
Also the intro where you explain that it's a hack and you call the (player) and tota(Total) idiot if they bought this game.
Yeah you spelt Total wrong. :)
Didn't know if you knew or not.

Thanks, I didn't know I spelt that wrong. I hope you enjoyed it :)

This is very good, actually!
Do you need a mapper?

As for now, I doing that mapping and scripting by myself but thanks you for the offer and I hope you enjoy the preview :P

UPDATES
I have thought of a neat trainer rematching system (Two of my MSN contacts will know) and I will be testing it, I hope it'll work.

I'm also going to be working towards the first beta and hopfeully it will be released in two weeks :P

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Why did you make tree border in Orre Village when you can use the rock one?
And, the mapping is sometimes pretty square. Still, I enjoyed it.
And, the OW has a side "mouse walk" the walking frames are the same height as the faced left/right OWs. Please, do change that.
And, where do we get to visit the awesome Amity Square?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Why did you make tree border in Orre Village when you can use the rock one?
And, the mapping is sometimes pretty square. Still, I enjoyed it.
And, the OW has a side "mouse walk" the walking frames are the same height as the faced left/right OWs. Please, do change that.
And, where do we get to visit the awesome Amity Square?

Thanks, well I'll try and improve my mapping., The Orre Village border is the trees because I thought making it rock may cause some boder errors (I thougt you might be able to see bit of rock border at the top left corner of Route 2. Well I might change it.

The Overworld I will fix.

The Pokemon Square (Amity Square is fro DP :P) will be in the proper beta, this is just a preview.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Thanks, well I'll try and improve my mapping., The Orre Village border is the trees because I thought making it rock may cause some boder errors (I thougt you might be able to see bit of rock border at the top left corner of Route 2. Well I might change it.

The Overworld I will fix.

The Pokemon Square (Amity Square is fro DP :P) will be in the proper beta, this is just a preview.
Oh.
Well, good luck again!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Hey, while playing this preview I just noticed something...
While running around exploring the first town before talking to Grandma, I found my way into Route 1...
You need a fourth script keeping you from going out of town. You can get out at the level of the treetops that line to bottom of Route 1. Just putting that out there...
Otherwise, nice hack so far. Maybe you can explain the bitmap thing to change the titlescreen?
I don't know, I'm probably just wasting your space here. Good looking hack, keep it up. I'll let you know if I find any other random things lol.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
That's a pretty cool remix.

I played the Preview. It's pretty cool.
But the only thing I don't really understand in the Hack is why there's a
earthquake in the Hero's room after he/she took the Running Shoes.

I think it will be better if the Heroine/Rival/Rocky's OW are edited too.

The Earthquake a a symbol of something ;)
I'm not the best spriter so I may not change those (FR's people OWs are okay, the Pokemon ones are bad :P)

now this is looking awesome . Good luck with it man . I sincerely hope to see it finished

UPADATES

I have a drawn out a worldmap, but it's not inserted yet :P
Credits to Zel for the worldmap tiles.

I've done another little palette change and this is what it looks like now.

and I have new Center and Mart indoor tiles, credits to Kyledove. btw the center tiles aren't meant to be center tiles but I think they look nice ;)
I had to draw some stuff like the Pokeball thing in the middle myself :P

I would also like to thank Magnius for a remix he let me use :)

As for events, all I need to do are some trainerbattles and then I have done up to the 2nd gym. So I'll post screenies and then this can go in the hack's showcase. I've also made a fishing contest for this beta :P

Back