• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting (In HD Video Form!)

dubboy

Sweet im in HackFight Inc
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2010
Hey i loves these tutoriols i am just really waiting for the only once tut

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
Foullump do you prefer pokescript over XSE or is that what you are use to using as a scripting language.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
will the main body of the script work on xse or not. and have a request for next lesson. legendary battles like mewtwo and zapdos or is that the same as wild battles?

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Thanks. Now I know what I've been doing wrong. I also want to know: How do you add a sound when you either:
A: talk to a person, or
B: Move with someone

I want to do that like at the beginning of the game when Prof. Oak moves the player to the lab with the "Follow Me" theme.

That would be "playsound 0x0000" where 0000 represents the sound's value. Afterwards, use #raw 0x33 to prevent the game from having errors.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
Hey I was wondering if lesson 8 could be on level scripts, or even combining previous scripts into a rival battle.

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2010
Foullump great tutorials, I've started scripting now and have made some really cool scripts already thanks to what I learned! Couldn't have done it without you. Keep them coming! If I have any requests I'll let you know.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
To start off, amzing tutorials! I don't know what I'd do without you! This may sound stupid, but, I'm confused on how to use the "script" event on advance map. I thought you just make a script making your sprite move, then, when you step on the script tile your player moves and stuff. Am I right?

Here's the script I used:
Spoiler:

I don't know if this is right, but, thanks for your time Foullump.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
To start off, amzing tutorials! I don't know what I'd do without you! This may sound stupid, but, I'm confused on how to use the "script" event on advance map. I thought you just make a script making your sprite move, then, when you step on the script tile your player moves and stuff. Am I right?

Here's the script I used:
Spoiler:

I don't know if this is right, but, thanks for your time Foullump.

If you're using a script box then you'll want to get rid of 'lock faceplayer' and maybe add a pause after your movements. Then in advance map, click the script box and on the right it will ask for var values. I always put 50 40.

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
TROUBLE

Hey Foullump, I tried your advice and removed the 'faceplayer and lock', but my script still doesn't work. Every time I step on the tile, the hero freezes and is unable to move...Maybe I just can't script...Anyways, here is the script I used the second time...
Spoiler:

Oh, and I tried to do the var values thing, but I didn't do it right I guess. Or maybe I just didn't understand you.
Thanks foullump,
-MDS

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Hey Foullump, I tried your advice and removed the 'faceplayer and lock', but my script still doesn't work. Every time I step on the tile, the hero freezes and is unable to move...Maybe I just can't script...Anyways, here is the script I used the second time...
Spoiler:

Oh, and I tried to do the var values thing, but I didn't do it right I guess. Or maybe I just didn't understand you.
Thanks foullump,
-MDS

One thing you might want to try doing is putting a space before "crap!" It should look like this:
$talk 1 = Crap!

Now that might not do anything at all but as I recall scripts would always freak out if the smallest thing was wrong...

VVB

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 23, 2010
I have a suggestion on what to include in lesson 8. How about making choices, other than just yes or no, like choosing one out of three starters? :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
I'm sorry foullump, I still can't fix the problem. And what did you mean by the 40 50 var values thing?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
how do i make a trainer battle me again after he has battled me the first time. I have tried putting the script underneth the 1st one but couldn't compile it. Got an idea for lesson 8. could it be one like the enti,scuicine and riakou event in fire red and leaf grean?

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I need some help with my wild battle script. the battle and the fadescreen and event work fine. the only thing is, when i capture or beat the pokemon, it doesnt go away. Here is my script. can someone tell me wat I did wrong?

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 250
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Gyooooga!
boxset 6
wildbattle 250 47 2
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
I need some help with my wild battle script. the battle and the fadescreen and event work fine. the only thing is, when i capture or beat the pokemon, it doesnt go away. Here is my script. can someone tell me wat I did wrong?

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 250
#raw 0x33
pause 0x30
message $cry
$cry 1 = Gyooooga!
boxset 6
wildbattle 250 47 2
pause 0x70
fadescreen 1
removesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x1211
pause 0x10
fadescreen 0
release
end
What you need to do is to set a person ID in AdvanceMap. Select the sprite, and just above the 'Open Script' button will be a box that says 'Person ID'

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
I have terrible problem with texts. I did all in lesson, but is is always bad.
Script code:
Code:
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $question
$question 1 = Hi, do you like\nthis game?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $yes
message $no
$no 1 = Ok. Then...
boxset 6
release
end

#org $yes
message $yes1
$yes1 1 = That's great,\nI like you!
boxset 6