• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I hope we can customize some Pokeballs like in gen 4.

I hope even more so... Change everything about it and not need to take them off to deposit a Pokemon in the PC...

Spoiler:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Not to go off topic but it doesn't even have to be their stuff popping up. They could make vague references to other series' characters(ex: 'A blonde guy in green came sailing by here the other day' could be mentioned by someone in the coastal area).

They could have some of their attire available though for customization. It's something I've been looking forward to as well.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Pokemon generally attracts a younger audience, many who wouldn't gets said cameos. But God Damn it I want that damn pointy green hat!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
There's always new games that have come out for each new generation for these games, though. I mean, we just had Skyward Sword release in the past few years, so kids would be able to pull Link out of that. Everyone knows Mario. It'd be pretty easy for even young kids to recognize small cameo accessories or outfits if they were given to us. It's just a fun way to pay homage to the rest of Nintendo's franchise.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That is definitely true, but because Nintendo are the ones that publish the work that Game Freak does they could potentially have some say of what they might want into the games. Obviously they have to have some vision of their own for what they want to see, so it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility for cameos in the form of clothing and accessories to appear!

Also as a totally different thing, I kind of hope we have the ability to customize our gear that's on our wrist some what. I mean, since it appears to be like a projector or maybe extendable like the Pokédex (unlikely, but who knows), so I feel like we'd be able to customize that as well. Stuff like its color, background, maybe even the ringtone that pops in for notifications like the Xtransceiver's tone.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
So basically have it kind of like some technologically enhanced phone, more or less? :x I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that!

(Seriously though, when are our main characters going to get phones? You would've figured that by now they would've been something implemented already.)

I guess so for the most part, except it's on your wrist =P Pretty much a smart phone attached to your wrist I guess!

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
ALL I'm asking for is you to be able to change that DUMB HAT AND GLASSES!!!! It it irritates my soul and idk why but I just hate that hat and glasses with a passion!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
ALL I'm asking for is you to be able to change that DUMB HAT AND GLASSES!!!! It it irritates my soul and idk why but I just hate that hat and glasses with a passion!!

Well from the look of the trailers and some of the screenshots, you definitely will be able to ditch the hat (off the girl at least), sunglasses I'd assume so too. So don't worry, you'll be able to look like you want.

If anything, I'm REALLY hoping for different outfits for the male protagonist. The one reason I'm refusing to use him right now is because he looks exactly like Nate and Hilbert. If it's possible for me to change his outfit pretty early in the game, I'd be willing to use him again.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
My primary hope is that all of the customization options will be open to us pretty much from the get go. I don't want to have to play through the entire game and jump through twenty hoops to make my avatar look the way I want. I'm all for unlockables, but I'd prefer those be for a few major milestones (Champion, Pokedex completion, whatever else) and that they be kept to a minimum.

I feel strangely disconnected when I am playing a game and I jump through look after look until I end up with what I want, just because I didn't have access to what I would want.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Honestly its not that big of a deal for me if they do it or not. And I am not sure if they would want to do something like that. They may just stick to the same old routine

Years
I actually like this concept, but I probably won't be using the optional hair/skin colors since the female player's default design heavily resembles my own hair and skin color. The idea of obtaining new clothes throughout the game was something I wasn't expecting but it's a pretty smart move by Game Freak.

I don't know if I'll use the feature much when I play the games though.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
If there is a blue suit and a brown trench coat, I will be happy. That's all I need tbh

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016

Well in the trailers we've seen the trainer both boy and girl i think without a hat on so I think we'll have the option to take off that stupid hat xD

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I always have had a close bond with my Pokemon but, it never feels complete since there's no character customization. I'd even settle for pre-set character sprites as long as there was some variety.

Years
How about changing the hair style/colour (not color as I live in the UK) as well as looks I'm mixed race black so I saw the screenshots of the game and it features dark skin tone similar to mine {:3}

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
All I'm saying is, character customization is such a basic idea in so many things, I don't see why we don't have it already. Again, basic pre-made sprites is something I could settle with. If you've ever made a Trainer Card at Pokecharms.com, they have hundreds of sprites there, ones from the games and other ones. Just throw those in and I'd be happy.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
What are you people worried about? Character customization has been already confirmed...

Back