• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

That Swarm thing was only for Emerald, though, seeing how that was the only game where there were cries + abilities with secondary effects.

And I love how Lightningrod and Storm Drain now cancel out Electric/Water-type attacks just like in PMD2 rather than redirect the attacks and cause the Pokemon with the ability to be damaged from them (with the exception of any Ground types such as the Rhy family, which can have Lightningrod as their ability).

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

Screech followed up with a Physical move. My centipede is perfect with it, plus she has Iron Defense, which she can only learn in her earlier stage (or stages).

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
29~

I'm actually quite fond of Encore + Mirror Move/Counter myself. Either that or the Endure/Reversal combo.
It tends to catch my friends off-guard xD

candracar272

That person
Years

I remember one time while re-playing Emerald, I did the battle tent thing and rented a Plusle. I became rather font of it's Fake Tears->Charge->Spark combo. <3

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

Crobat with Screech is one of my favorites. Give her Cross Poison and Fly and she's great.

Mismagius's Mean Look + Perish Song is great, too, if s/he lasts that long in battle.

And then there's "Banaphy". Give it Damp Rock, Surf, Tail Glow, Rain Dance, and Rest. Rain Dance + Rest + Manaphy's ability = Full Restore, Pokemon style. And then Tail Glow + Surf (with Rain Dance added in, even) = Need I say more?

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

If you were on-topic, we would :< /and who do you think you are, my main on Thursdays in OT after I come back from my dad's where I watched X-Files?

How many people are voting that MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire will be the gen. III remakes? I mean, those are as obvious as America possibly naming Mijumaru "Wotter", but still.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

Don't you want another ghost friend though?

Also, would you mind giving my main credit for using my icon~? I've been meaning to ask, but yeah. Maybe I should suggest to Gazza adding a "Credit" thing to the title tags. 'Cause I really dislike when people don't credit me when I try to credit them.

Anyhoo, favorite move in general would have to be... Trump Card, I guess? I dunno, I like chance. Last Resort's good, too, and it's great with Umbreon with Confuse Ray/Wish, Curse, and Payback.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

A huge cross between Fire, Ice, Ghost, Psychic, Dark, and Dragon. Poison and Bug are becoming some of my faves, too, as are Water and Grass~

candracar272

That person
Years

That was fast, wasn't it? Really, my favorite types vary with the Pokemon. I tend to lean towards Grass for starters, though, and occasionally Water. And, to be honest, I have a liking for Normal types as well. <3

candracar272

That person
Years

Well, one, favorite doesn't always correspond to usefulness. Two, standard can be useful; yes, they have one resistance and are not strong against any type, but they have very few weaknesses and deal equal damage to most types. They're a neutralizer, which, even without super effective attacks, can be exploited as an all-around battler. Slaking is a good example (if you can somehow get past Truant).

...Uhm. Quite a bit of a rant for someone who has no experience in competitive battling. :D; This is just my opinion, and by no means legit. Also, I'm not saying they are very useful, I'm just saying they're not completely useless.

Back