• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Hi, I don't know how to have the menu of this style (See my signature) , to show images in menu. Thanks!

Atomic Reactor

You know the screen that comes up right before the title screen?
Which script, and where in it, would i edit it to make it so it sticks around for a wee bit longer?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
I have added a Pokemon and set it as no. 494 temporarily. The Pokemon works perfectly but there is one little problem, icon494.png is the graphic for an egg on the Pokemon summary screen. I have tried looking through the scripts to find where I can alter the egg image to point to a different file name eg. icon540.png but can't find it. Does anybody know where I can alter this? BTW I do know that I can just change the file name but when I have an egg it looks like my new Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The egg shouldn't look like your new Pokémon, as it loads iconEgg.png in the Pictures folder. Just delete icon494.png, and rename your file.

Armando

Pokemon Titanium Team-******
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
i have just 1 question....please answer...

have/had anyone translate his starterkit in german??..
i need it very much pls answer thanks.. i hope this isn't offtopic

mfg armandoo

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Um...I'm having a major problem that may end my project if I dont fix it, but Its where when I edit something through the editor it doesnt save the changes. It asks me do I want to save then when I say yes it asks do you want to exit editor. So now I cant save things in the editor like trainers and connected maps.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
did you change anything on the scripts? Things like that dont happen all of sudden also, you can still edit everything you want through the pbs notepad files.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
did you change anything on the scripts? Things like that dont happen all of sudden also, you can still edit everything you want through the pbs notepad files.
Nope didnt touch the scripts and I thought I did too so. I downloaded starter kit again and still got the same problem. I can edit with towns/cities are connected through the files? dont think I can.

Atomic Reactor

yeah you can edit them through the files..
That's how you had to do it in the earlier versions , before you did it through the visual editor.
Unfortunately, I don't know how. But it can be done.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
yes, you can, check connections.txt for it. Perhaps your computer is infected with a virus? Sometimes some of the pc functions stop working before others. When my pc got infected the first thing that stopped working was the rgss-player so I couldn't test my game or anything =0.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Is it possible to edit the timing script. so that about 10 mintues = one day and so forth? if so what script in the package.

You could redefine the Time.now method. For example (add this to a new script section above Main):
Code:
def Time.now
  totalsec=(Graphics.frame_count*144)/Graphics.frame_rate # Edit the 144 to change the speed of the clock.
  weekday=totalsec/86400%7
  hour=totalsec/3600%24
  min=totalsec/60%60
  sec=totalsec%60
  return Time.gm(2000,1,weekday+1,hour,min,sec)
end

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
thanks for the help wichu. when i get home later tonight ill throw it in and see if i can not make it about 20 minutes per day. thanks agian

PokeMaster Marin

Bigginer
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2010
lol thanks again. now to get my event to work with the timing. ^_^ go hunger and fatigue system lol.

So you're making the Hygene system using events? When making the common event do you go just for scripts and how do you trigger the common event because it only lets me trigger it by using a defined switch and for that I can't do the timer script because it is just too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back