The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
No, not Sylveon's ;)

So in every game since the third generation there's been ribbons which get awarded to Pokemon! For minor things, like being an event Pokemon, or winning a contest, or winning a battle tournament, or beating elite four, or commemorating an event in-game (as well as a few other things). Do you think these will make a return, or maybe not, given that Sylveon seems to have them covered? Ahaha. What other types of ribbons would you like to see? Do you want to be given specific conditions for earning ribbons, much like medals in B2/W2? Share yo ribbon-related thoughts. (But obviously keep Sylveon's ribbons to the Sylveon thread!)
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Ribbons? Well, I of course, want the contests ribbons to return, because, I am a man that likes contests. The League ribbon for beating the champion is also a given. Perhaps Ribbons can act like the Metals from Generation V, and reward your pokemon for doing certain things, like, how many battles it had, or, setting it's maximum happiness, or maybe, how many berries it ate... maybe something like that?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Honestly I always forgot that the Ribbons existed for things that weren't Contests =x I mean I guess they're a nice little reward for accomplishing things, so it'd be fine to bring them back. I wouldn't be heart broken if they didn't make a return though.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Ever since Medals were introduced in Gen V, I found Ribbons to be pretty much redundant. Aside from winning contests, what else could ribbons be given for? I feel like there needs to be more incentive to ribbons, and to make them stand out more, rather than just make them contest-only things, y'know?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Ever since Medals were introduced in Gen V, I found Ribbons to be pretty much redundant. Aside from winning contests, what else could ribbons be given for? I feel like there needs to be more incentive to ribbons, and to make them stand out more, rather than just make them contest-only things, y'know?
What if you just combine the two and give players medal ribbons as rewards for achievements (and contests?). And I'm not talking about the kind of medals in B2W2 that had ribbon-like designs imprinted on them. I'm talking along the lines of more prestigious medal ribbons like the ones here or these. It's like having the best of both worlds.

Certain medal ribbons can be specifically designed for bigger achievements and rewards such as defeating the Champion, winning the different ranks of this region's side-game, etc., etc. Meanwhile we could have more smaller medals or medals like the one in B2W2 that can be given for unlocking petty achievements such as the numerous ones you can be rewarded for in B2W2.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I feel like ribbons just were never big enough of a deal. They really need to make them stand out more, then I'd be more inclined to get them.

Wonder Trade!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here