• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
Years
Experience Group Challenge

What if you only played with Pokemon in a certain Experience group? (Erratic, Fast, Medium Fast, Medium Slow, Slow, Fluctuating). Experience groups determine how much EXP is required for a certain Pokemon to gain a level.

Info about Experience groups can be found on Bulbapedia. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience
And you can look at a list of Pokemon in each group.

Years
It's around 15:30 here right now, and the timezone that determines when the MOTY voting will end is 6 hours away - that means 2½ hours left. No, wait, 14½. Regardlessly, if no major changes occur in the best challenger section within these last hours and the outcome will be what it currently looks like, we can rightfully call 2011 a year of great injustice.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It's around 15:30 here right now, and the timezone that determines when the MOTY voting will end is 6 hours away - that means 2½ hours left. No, wait, 14½. Regardlessly, if no major changes occur in the best challenger section within these last hours and the outcome will be what it currently looks like, we can rightfully call 2011 a year of great injustice.
LOL, I know! c'mon people!

Knight of Time

I like Homestuck
Years
What if you only played with Pokemon in a certain Experience group? (Erratic, Fast, Medium Fast, Medium Slow, Slow, Fluctuating). Experience groups determine how much EXP is required for a certain Pokemon to gain a level.

Info about Experience groups can be found on Bulbapedia. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience
And you can look at a list of Pokemon in each group.

I don't know, I think that (some of) the groups have too much options, making it kind easy and unbalanced, but it depends on rules you putting and stuff

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I don't know, I think that (some of) the groups have too much options, making it kind easy and unbalanced, but it depends on rules you putting and stuff

I have to agree, this would be way too easy. There is almost no restriction in type and you could still build a good, balanced team.

Also I came here to say that I finished my Hall of Fame Challenge after so many months.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The title is so outdated omg. :x

I've been meaning to do a challenge again but Idk which one. ;-; Any suggestions lalalala~

vaporeon7

Years
The title is so outdated omg. :x

I've been meaning to do a challenge again but Idk which one. ;-; Any suggestions lalalala~

I need a new challenge to do as well.

You could do a Hall of Fame Challenge if you're looking for something that will stretch out over a long time. It is good because you can use your games where you don't want to start a new game.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
"Challengers are sick of Christmas, no Gift Pokemon for you! [CI&D]"

Would sound nice I guess .-.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Myrrh's back!

I had a great Christmas (built a $850 desktop), then went to quite the New Year's Party 7 days later, then celebrated my 21st birthday 7 days later! But now, 7 days later, I'm finally back in the swing of things.

Other things that have happened: I got a livestream thingie. Could be relevant if some of us decided to stream challenges or something. I'll probably be playing through Pokemon Stadium soon too (come on, we all agree that was a good game, and now I have a computer that can easily handle an n64 emulator) so maybe I'll stream that or something? Idk its 3:30 AM here and I lost sanity a couple hours ago.

vaporeon7

Years
Myrrh's back!

I had a great Christmas (built a $850 desktop), then went to quite the New Year's Party 7 days later, then celebrated my 21st birthday 7 days later! But now, 7 days later, I'm finally back in the swing of things.

Other things that have happened: I got a livestream thingie. Could be relevant if some of us decided to stream challenges or something. I'll probably be playing through Pokemon Stadium soon too (come on, we all agree that was a good game, and now I have a computer that can easily handle an n64 emulator) so maybe I'll stream that or something? Idk its 3:30 AM here and I lost sanity a couple hours ago.

I'd love to watch a stream of a challenge, I bet it would be really cool.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I think I'm going to just leave the stream on 24/7, since it doesn't slow down my computer any... Well, mostly 24/7, there are a couple games that can't handle it properly, and sometimes I'm at class or trivia, or fencing, or stuff. That way, if anyone tunes in, they can just give me a challenge to do and I can switch over to it. I live quite the boring life outside of the aforementioned things.

Stream is starting now! link is http://www.livestream.com/myrrhman

Hit me up if you're bored or something

11wildy

Me!
Years
Okay, so I am going to play Heartgold, using only normal type pokemon and normal type moves. So I could use some advice! I will be using a Scrappy Miltank, Metronome Togepi and Foresight Sentret, who gets Me First later on.
Morty is not even my biggest concern, since Miltank and Sentret can hit it, but Jasmine will be difficult. How can I deal with her Steelix well?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
Okay, so I am going to play Heartgold, using only normal type pokemon and normal type moves. So I could use some advice! I will be using a Scrappy Miltank, Metronome Togepi and Foresight Sentret, who gets Me First later on.
Morty is not even my biggest concern, since Miltank and Sentret can hit it, but Jasmine will be difficult. How can I deal with her Steelix well?

A Jigglypuff with Wake-up Slap?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No Wake-Up Slap. It's a Fighting Type move. Anyway, HI I'M LAZY. :( I was so busy with work, Christmas, and the London trip that I didn't even get a team into the Hall of Fame last month. But on Christmas, that put me at a year on the Hall of Fame challenge. lol Such a long process. Anyway, hopefully I can get back in the swing of things. Just tell my 3DS to stop distracting me. :( And Skyrim. lol

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
Ah yes, missed that wildy wanted only normal type moves. That is a pickle. Best I can think of is a Kangaskhan with Dizzy Punch to get the Steelix to bash itself, give your Miltank Bide and try to last long enough to blast it, or try a Raticate with Super Fang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back