• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Firemaker said:
Burninating Torchic, in your map, the houses have the trainer tip signs, should have the same signs as the town

Actually, the trainer tip signs are intentional. It's the new style of signs in the game, I feel that houses are not as significant as landmarks and therefore should have different signs. All houses in the game will have the trainer tip signs, and there aren't going to be Trainer Tips in the routes or w/e.

Also, you'll notice the "streets" in the city aren't very organized like in previous Pokemon games. That is also intentional. In the real world, streets aren't always lined up in straight fancy little lines.

Both those aspects are more things that could help or hurt me in this contest =P

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Firemaker said:
That is a good idea Burninating Torchic

Please, call me BT. It's shorter, easier, and less formal.

Anyways, I don't know if this has been adressed yet, but I've found your system of putting objects on the map to lack one thing.
The ability to put multiple tiles on the map at the same time.
What I mean by this is in rm2k or rm2k3, you can highlight/select more then one tile at a time in the chipset window, then click on the map and all the tiles you selected will be there.
This is useful for things like buildings, where in the version of PXP you gave us to make our maps with, you would have to select each part of the building one by one, but in the RPG Maker games, you could put the entire building on the map at the same time, not each part one by one.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
That was the demo, not much to do, RM2KDev is making a full version. I think that is one of it's features

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Yeah, I know that was the demo. What I was saying is that I hope the full version has that feature.

Anyways, I'm working on another map now, much better then my Evolution City map. If you're allowed to enter 2 maps in the contest(I think I read that that's the case), I enter them both, but if not, I'm going to enter the one I will be posting shortly.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
I agree with Chimou. 3 days isn't "ages".

Anyways, here it is...I think it's much better then the Evolution City Map...

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplepxp27jk.png

I'm not sure if that would be part of Hydrogen/Oxygen(my games) or not.

If it is, it's like this: the little river with dock at the bottom is how you get there, whether by boat early in the game or by surfing later in the game. Then, various parts of this town become availabe when you get certain HMs. The cave thingy at the bottom is what I like best about this place, and I think that if it is in the game, inside the cave is one of the three legendary dragons(the game's 3 pokemon, in place of the birds, the beasts, the regis). The item at the top of the cave is obviously something rare, I'm even considering making it the master ball.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The map looks nice, but how about a couple more houses?

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
The map looks nice, but how about a couple more houses?

If you're talking about my newer map, this is why there aren't many houses:
It's not a city.
It's just intended to be a little island-type thing surrounded by forest, rivers, and the sea(which, btw, I didn't see a tile for-where is the tile? You know, for the sea water, not the river water I used in my map). It's got a PokeMart, PokeCenter, and the one house belongs to the guy who owns the boat you get there on.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Well, I made a new map. I like it a lot, so I am replacing my city map with it as my entries.

So my two entries are this one and the second one I posted.

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Just so people know, this does work fine on Windows 98.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2005
This is great although I would like a link to the updated pokemon xp version that lets me compile the game or a least run it.
Will it have a custom tileset feature?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2011
missingnomaster said:
32 meg? isn't that a bit much for a pokemon fan game map editor? atleast make a low graphics mode.

Lol that had me laughing for a while. And what do you call 'low graphics mode' ? 32megs is a pitiful amount, if you have a 32meg card or less then you need to have a serious talk to your parents (don't be scared to use the back of your hand ;) ) or you need to get a job, I mean come on 32megs was like 1999, they cost like $10 now :\

Chimou

Dancing Artist
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 21, 2006
Bigfoot said:
This is great although I would like a link to the updated pokemon xp version that lets me compile the game or a least run it.
Will it have a custom tileset feature?
You can't just demand that he post a demo update. Right now all it does is make simple maps. You can't make events or anything yet.

Back