• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedroid 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Hello pokecommunity I am pokemoner2500. Now for those who have/had pokedroid you know what happened to the app. For those who don't know what happened the app it got removed from the app store and the developer stopped. The app goes to gen 5. Well with the reveal of Pokemon X and Y comes more pokemon. And I intend to update it. Now I'm not that good let but I've figured out how the app works and I think I can add to it. I'm currently working on it and will release when I find it ready. Also if anyone knows of converting a android app to a ipod app let me know. Okay peace out. Also if this is the wrong section don't close it just move it please. Thank you.

Okay I have a beta 1 for you guys. I can't put link here but pm me and i'll give you link. This beta includes the 3 starters. Moves are not updated neither are evolutions. Also heres my todo list.

Add legends 0%
-Pictures 100%
-Description Height Weight 0%
Edit evos 0%

Okay thats all for now. Also as more pokemon are released or i find better sprites i'll edit. Also looking for spriter since gen 6 won't have any since 3d models :(

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
If it got removed because Of Nintendo Don't you think its best if you just leave it alone
Otherwise you could get in some serious trouble with copyright infringements

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
If it got removed because Of Nintendo Don't you think its best if you just leave it alone
Otherwise you could get in some serious trouble with copyright infringements

All they did is remove it from the app store. Also a game called Pokemon Tower Defense was on the market and it got removed and he didn't have to stop so why should I.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
All they did is remove it from the app store. Also a game called Pokemon Tower Defense was on the market and it got removed and he didn't have to stop so why should I.

Because TPC has a Pokedex App out now and they will sue you for copyright infringement if you try to put another out.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Im just gonna put the apk here. Im not even gonna try the appstore.

And then we can report it to TPC and Have you Sued

Seriously Nobody is going to download your stupid app because there is already

A. A 3DS App called PokeDex 3D
B. A Way Better Pokedex App for Android
C. Probably an Even Better one on iOS

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
And then we can report it to TPC and Have you Sued

Seriously Nobody is going to download your stupid app because there is already

A. A 3DS App called PokeDex 3D
B. A Way Better Pokedex App for Android
C. Probably an Even Better one on iOS

I don't see why you have to ruin what im having fun with. If TPC or Nintendo says anything i'll shut it down. Till then can you just stop. Im trying to learn how to work with apps and your not exactly helping.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I Am Helping by trying to tell you that if you continue with this project you could get sued thousands of dollars but if your Nooby Mind doesn't want to Listen then thats Ok with me Have fun potentially getting sued

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
do you really think nintendo will sue a 13 year old for experimenting with a app with some of their stuff in it?

Yes because you can be sued for anything at any age
Google It

And if you get Sued its your Parents who have to pay the Money

But nope you dont seem to care so go right ahead and get sued and dont come crying to us when you get sued I tried to tell you

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, enough. Shub, you are not the arbiter of the internet. Don't try to be. Pokemoner2500, you're welcome to talk about the app here but please don't post the .apk. We don't publish copyright infringing things on PC for legal reasons. You're welcome to talk about what you're doing though and try to get it on the Android store if you think it'll stick :)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
We can't tell you to not make the app, we're just giving you warning now. Some time back, there were reports that several pokemon sites were suddenly sent an official-looking cease and desist email by someone who claimed to be representing Game Freak/Nintendo. Basically they had to stop using their trademarked stuff or else they would get sued for every penny they had and shut down. Donno if it was a legit email or not but it was definitely a wake-up call. If you create that app and someone decides to take action against you, well, we can't help you unfortunately.

Create it if you want, don't create it if you want. Just be wary of copyright infringement and the potential pitfalls.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We can't tell you to not make the app, we're just giving you warning now. Some time back, there were reports that several pokemon sites were suddenly sent an official-looking cease and desist email by someone who claimed to be representing Game Freak/Nintendo. Basically they had to stop using their trademarked stuff or else they would get sued for every penny they had and shut down. Donno if it was a legit email or not but it was definitely a wake-up call. If you create that app and someone decides to take action against you, well, we can't help you unfortunately.

That was a legit email. One of they guys called their branch of Nintendo and TPC support lines and they confirmed that the letters were real. Though that was because they had an advance rip of the Pokemon and couldn't have them all out until after the games had international releases. TPC didn't want the sites to spoil everything about the new Pokemon that hadn't been revealed yet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If we can build games with game maker with Pokemon why can't i make a app?

The things that are released on PC are not full games, they are merely patches. It's not illegal to release the patches; it is to release ROMs that have the patches on them.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
The app is great for Android user because you see, Nintendo not yet to released it official Pokedex on this platform. I wouldn't mind it either of having both Pokedroid and official 3D Pokedex in my Android when its released. Because I fear the Official Pokedex is not as complete as fan-made Pokedex app (somebody prove me wrong with this). Hard work from is always a good thing.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
The app is great for Android user because you see, Nintendo not yet to released it official Pokedex on this platform. I wouldn't mind it either of having both Pokedroid and official 3D Pokedex in my Android when its released. Because I fear the Official Pokedex is not as complete as fan-made Pokedex app (somebody prove me wrong with this). Hard work from is always a good thing.

Thanks for supporting. If you want to try it give me a pm.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Well I have actually recieved a PM from someone who would actually want to download this so I think i will restart working on this. The new released Pokemon would be good to add to this. (F.W.I. If there is a thread revival limit on this part of the forum let me know and I will just remake the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back