• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Mira

restless spirit
Years
dc_united: Looks good! You're accepted.

Midnight Bear: Of course you may. Looking forward to your SU :D

IceFireLighnting: Looks good. You're accepted. And I just keep people who are pending under reserved 'cause I'm too lazy to do anything else ^.^'

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
Ok, nearly finished, just got to do one more Pokemon then I'm done. Ugh, it's such a crawl having to get on and off for my brothers. Ah well.

IchigoTorisuna

Riolu Trainer
Years
Name: Jaden Wolfe
Appearance: Jaden is 5'4 with dark cyan blue hair and matching eyes. She wears a dark red turtle neck shirt with no sleeves and long baggy black jeans. She has two rubber bracelets on her right arm (One pink that says "Werewolves Bite!" and the other black with purple paw prints) with two rings on the same hand. One is a celestial ring (Moon, Stars, Etc.) on her pinky and the other has blue and red triangles on it on her ring finger. On her other hand she has a spinning silver ring on her ring finger. She wears yin yang earrings and an ear band with a sword on it on her right ear too. Her shoes are normal dark red slip on's. She's normally seen with a dark gray jacket on, but she does take it off sometimes.
Personality: Jaden can be somewhat stubborn at times and a little hot-headed and reckless. Most of the time she's quiet, calm, and somewhat cold to people she first meets. She doesn't really like talking to people much, so Jaden mostly stays to herself.
She loves Pokemon and loves being around them. Most of the time, she's seen playing with her Riolu, Charizard, Eevee, Murkrow, and Pikachu. She first started liking Pokemon, when she met a...pack? I guess you could say, of Shaymin. She watched them crawl into the Gracedia flowers and change into their Sky Form.
After that, she's loved Pokemon ever since. One day, she wants to be the best Pokemon Trainer in the world, with the help of her Pokemon of course.

Background: Jaden used to live in the Johto region until her mother decided to move to the Sinnoh region. Before moving there though, she found an abandoned egg on the side of a dirt road, before leavign her grandparents house on Iron Island. A note was attached to the egg. It read: Who-so-ever finds this egg will be granted to responsibility to learn about the power of Aura and how to use it. Beware of taking this egg, for it could change your destiny forever." Not heading the warning, she took the egg anyway.

A few years after they moved to the Sinnoh region, their grandpa got terribly ill. They had to move back and take care of him. When he got better, they decided to live there on the island with them. Jaden and Riolu trained almost every day in the mountains. They would practice moves, combo's, and many other combat skills.

When she was watching the news with her mother, grandmother, and grandfather, she saw what Team Rocket was doing. She decided to leave the island, much to her mothers disagreement. She signed up to join the rebellion against them, wanting them to be stopped.
Additional Information: Has the power of Aura (Like Riley and Sir Aaron)
RP Sample: This is from an rp I started on another site: (Sorry it's kinda long)
Jaden and Mandy walked through the halls of the Team Annihilation Resistance Base or T.A.R.B for short. Mandy looked at Jaden, "Where are we going?" The Riolu looked at the young Shiny Shaymin beside her, "We're going to see if they're any Pokemon here we can talk to. We're heading for the meeting room now.
Jaden and Mandy walked through the door, that automatically opened. "Wow, this place is so big!" Mandy commented. Jaden nodded. "Yes, it is." She sat on the floor, waiting for someone to come in. Mandy went and sat by her.

Ichigo walked around the T.A.R.B Building. She looked at the flowers, bushes and trees surrouding the headquarters. "This place sure is nice." She sat on a bench near a tree. "This place is so quiet too."
She looked around and saw many Pokemon playing in the small garden. "They look like their havign fun." She noticed a small Pidgey looking up at her. She looked down at it and smiled. "Hello little Pidgey." It cocked it's head at her and hopped on the bench beside her.

Nancy flew inside the base like a ruffian. Nancy, you idiot! Find yourself a landing spot and go find other Pokemon to talk to! The Starly listened to her own advice, and flew down to make a landing. She skidded across the floor, stopping in front of a very shocked Riolu and Shaymin that looked shiny. Nancy looked behind her, and discovered she had scratched the floor. "....Huh. That's going to leave a mark." she said with an anime-style sweatdrop.

Jaden and Mandy stared at the Starly that had just crashed in front of them. "Well, that was quit the landing there." Jaden said. She lifted her paw towards to Starly, "I'm Jaden. This is Mandy, she's a shiny Shaymin." Jaden looked at the scratch marks behind the Starly and sighed, "Sarah's gonna have to fix that."
Mandy stood beside Jaden. "Why were you flying so fast?" the young Shaymin asked, curious why the Starly would be flying so fast inside a building.

Ichigo heard a crash from inside the building. The pidgey flew away as Ichigo got up and ran inside. She got the the meeting room and saw a Starly, Riolu, and a Shiny Shaymin. "What on earth happened!?" She saw the scratch mark on the floor. "Sarah's gonna have ot fix that." She walked over to the Pokemon, "What happened? What was that crashing noise?" She asked them.

Brenna rubbed the spot on her head where the Starly had hit her as she walked inside the . "Ow..." she muttered. Once inside, she saw the aforementioned Starly, a Riolu, a small Shiny Shaymin, and a few people. "Um," said Brenna. "Is this the resistance base? What are we doing?"

"Pleased to meet ya." Nacy aid, shaking her wing with Jaden, the Riolu. She then turned to Mandy, the shiny Shaymin. "Pfft. It's something I do." she said quickly. Nancy looked at Ichigo. "Honestly? I'll pay for it." she said quickly. Finally Nancy turned to Brenna. "It's the base all right."

Brenna raised an eyebrow at the talking Starly, but said nothing. "So...now what?" she asked. She was probably the only one who didn't know what to do. But, oh well.

"Honestly sir," a young Pokemon trainer holding several Pokeballs in his hands tried to reason, "I already have my six Pokemon with me right now! I don't even own a Buizel!"
"Is that true?" answered back a man with a security badge pinned onto his uniform, "Your airline papers here claim that you also owned a Buizel, and that he was your 6th Pokemon already."

"I swear, I never had a Buizel in my life!" the Trainer screamed out in frustration, "I don't even want a Buizel! I'm a Fire-type trainer, not a Water-type!"
The man closely looked over the papers once more, then glanced back upward with a frown on his face. "Then how are you to explain this!" he suddenly shouted, whipping his police baton over and turning around to face behind him.
Nothing was there.
"Wait...What?!!" The security guard cried out, "Where'd he go?"
"See! I told you I never owned a Buizel!" the Trainer said back huffly.

Almia Resistance Base

Ezekiel slowly wandered amongst the quaint streets of Vientown (that's where the Ranger base is located right?), taking in the sights while keeping his arms crossed behind his head. The place was rather small compared to where he came from, and distinctly reminded him of a place he had visited long ago while on a mission...what was it called again...Holland?
"This is a nice place to retire," Zeke thought out loud to himself, "But personally, I would prefer the thrill of Vi Clero much better."
The Buizel wandered into a small cafe located by the dirt road, noting its Holland-like charm rather well. Many buildings were covered with hanging shrubbery and vines that crept up the walls of the places, giving them an antique but natural look. He quickly purchased himself a freshly buttered croissant then left the place, taking small bites of it as he wandered back down the streets again.

"Okay," Zeke started talking to no one again, "So, this so-called Resistance Base is located somewhere near this town as Guildmaster Electivire told me. Basing as this is a relatively small area, it shouldn't be too hard to locate."
And sure enough, after a few more minutes of walking, the base came into sight. "This is a base?" Zeke thought almost sarcastically to himself.
The Resistance base had more in common with a shopping store, than an actual head of operations. A lot of the building was made up of glass, with four large metal sidings on the four cardinal directions on the walls. A sliding door more akin to mall outlet than a secret hideout stood at the entrance. However, the part that he just couldn't get past however, was the large, literally grass-covered dome that covered the roof of the building. What was this place, a greenhouse?!! Nevertheless, it was still a base, and a base was just as important as any other base he knew.

Ezekiel took another bite out of his croissant and hesitantly began to walk inside.
"Hello?" He asked timidly. There were definitely lots of humans around the area, and he was terrified at the thought of getting captured and taken away from his home. "I'm a Pokemon Rescue Team Member, sent from Vi Clero to go aid the Almia Resistance Team. My name is Ezekiel, and I'm from a Silver-ranked team."
The Buizel suddenly heard a loud thud and glanced about to see what the commotion was. A Starly had just crash-landed into the building, landing in front of a Riolu, and Shaymin. Soon, a few humans had arrived, probably the owners of the Pokemon. Ezekiel turned away and pretended to be engrossed in eating his croissant roll.
"I'll find out what's going on sooner or later," Zeke thought to himself, "But those humans are not my cup of tea."

Jaden shook Nancy's wing, pleased to meet you too. She looked around the place, a few trainers were here and a few more Pokemon as well.
Mandy looked over, noticing a Buizel walked into the room eating a croissant roll. She snuck away from Jaden, Nancy, Brenna, and Ichigo and padded closer to the Pokemon. She stopped behind him and stared up at him, not saying a word.

Ichigo looked at the girl who had walked up to them, "Yes, this is the Resistance Base. Right now, we're just waiting for the other members to come. They told us to either hang out inside themeeting room, or outside near the building."
Ichigo had seen that the Starly, who could surprisingly talk, flew and fit her in the head. "Are you gonna need ice for that?" She asked. I mean, it does hurt getting hit in the head by flying Pokemon!

Zeke promptly ignored the humans behind him, trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible. From what he heard from gossip back at the Guild, there were people in Almia who held devices called 'Stylers' that could be used to brainwash and control other Pokemon! That was a frightening thought for him indeed! However, most of the Humans here did look approachable and friendly, he admitted, but one could never be to cautious.
"Hmm, this place reminds me a bit of the Hotel Lobby back in Vi Clero," Ezekiel thought out loud once again, "Maybe it's the paint."

He took the time to examine the room he was in. It was a large, hall-like area, with a circular shape to it, with dozens of glass panes allowing the sunlight to stream into the area. Much of the area was painted a comforting shade of red, pink, or beige, and the seats and lounge chairs were made to match as well. There was a distinctly modern theme to the lobby, with sleek-looking desks and high-tech gadgets and screens on the walls. Potted plants dotted the surrounding room, mostly nearby walls or seats, and many of them were already in full bloom, giving off a nice comforting scent.
"Aah..." Ezekiel breathed out with a sigh, "If it wasn't for the fact that this place was an operational base, I would have already asked for the masseuse."
The Water-type took another bite out of his croissant, already down to just a third of its original size.
"I should probably go look for another Pokemon who lives here and ask them what is going on," Zeke muttered while turning to go wander about the lobby, "Perhaps then I can-"

"OH MY JESUS!!!"
Ezekiel let out an embarrassing shriek and practically leaped several feet backward as he came face to face with a Shiny Shaymin who had been staring at him without his notice for the past several moments. The Water-type jolted his hand erratically in his shock and launched the remainder of his croissant into the air where it landed a few meters away.
"Oh. My. *Panting*. Whew!" the Buizel huffed breathlessly as he finally calmed down, placing his hand on his heart as he tried to get some air, "Ancestors. That was quite a startle!"
He then looked down with a harsh stare at the Shaymin below him.
"Did your parents ever teach you that it was rude to stare at people and scare them from behind?!!" Ezekiel said in an accusatory tone, "What if I was an old man? I'd be over and out before you could say 'Life Alert'!"

He pointed off in the distance where his croissant had flew off to.
"Now I gotta go eat something that fell on the floor." Zeke whined childishly. However just before he could start walking to go fetch his contaminated food, a person in a janitor's suit came over and promptly swept it up into a trash can. Zeke's jaw dropped at the sight.
"And there goes twenty Poke, just like that." He said sarcastically at the man's actions.
The annoyed Buizel then turned back around to face the Shaymin he had just scolded and crossed his arm as he looked at her again.
"So," Ezekiel said casually while regaining his mature tone of voice, "I suppose that you live here since you seem to know the place rather well. My name is Ezekiel, Zeke for short, and I'm here on a mission in this Almia region. Do you know anything about this place, err... Ms. Shaymin?"

Mandy watched as the Buizel's food got swept away by the janitor. She looked back at him, "Mandy. My name's Mandy." She smiled as he crossed his arms. "Yes, I do know my way around the base. If you'd like, I could introduce you to Jaden and Nancy. And maybe show you around? If you'd like."
She watched as Jaden talked with Nancy, Ichigo, and Brenna. "I don't really like talking to people. For one, they can't really understand me." Mandy looked back at Ezekiel. "I noticed you don't know much on what's going on. If you'd like, I'll explain it to you." She sat on the floor, watching a small...worm...wiggle away.

Brenna shook her head. "No, it's alright. I'll be fine. Dod you mind if I let my my pokemon out? They've been trapped in their pokeballs all day, and I think they could use some air." Brenna unclipped three of her four pokemon and threw the pokeballs into the air, releasing Duke, Duchess, and Horns.
"Don't worry about Horns, he's quite calm on good days," Brenna said, scratching Horns between the ears. Horns grinned at the attention, and swayed from side to side. Brenna glanced at her other pokeball, which was quivering like mad. "Bossie, on the other hand...she's more like a Tauros than any pokemon I've met."

Nickname: None
Breed: Riolu
Moves: Quick Attack, Counter, Force Palm, and Endure
Appearance: A Normal looking Riolu. She wears a cyan bandana around her neck.
Personality: Riolu has a bit of an attitude problem. She dosen;t really like people that much, except for Jaden. Some people say Riolu got his attitude from Jaden.
History: Jaden had gotten Riolu as an egg. She had found it on the side of a dirt road, near her grandparents house on Iron Island. She didn't see anyone around, so she took it home and hatched into Riolu.
Additional information: Talks to Jaden telepathically. He can talk to others though. He just doesn't like to.

Breed: Charizard
Moves: Fire Fang, Blast Burn, Flamethrower, and Fire Spin
Appearance: His flame on his tail is darker than other Charizards.
Personality:
History: Jaden got Charizard when he was just a Charmander. She found him being ganged up on by some Persian and Meowth. She scared them off and took him to the Pokemon Center. After he got healed up he started following Jaden around. She asked him if he wanted to go with her and he nodded his head.
Additional information: Loves eating Oran Berries and Sour Puffins.

Nickname: Crow
Breed: Murkrow
Moves: Wing Attack, Nightshade, Peck, Steel Wing
Appearance: He has orange eyes instead of red.
Personality: Crow is the outgoing and friendliest Pokemon on Jaden's team. He loves hanging out with Jaden's Charizard. Crow has a habbit of perching himself on Charizards head. He is mostly outgoing with new trainers and pokemon he meets.
History: Jaden had caught Crow when she was going to Hearthome City, in the Old Town.
Additional information: Nothing Else

Breed: Eevee
Moves: Tackle, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, and Iron Tail
Appearance: A Shiny Eevee (Are Shiny's allowed?)
Personality: Eevee is the peacemaker of Jaden's team. She doesn't really like fighting, but she will if she has to. Eevee is calm, quiet, and sweet. She loves hanging out with Jaden's Pikachu the most out of the others.
History: Jaden found Eevee as an egg as well. She had gone to the day care to pick up a Pokemon for her mother. When she got their, an old man was holding an egg. He looked at her and asked if she wanted a Pokemon egg. Jaden accepted the egg and it later hatched into Eevee.
Additional information: She wears a burnt orange scarf/bandana around her neck.

Breed: Pikachu
Moves: Thundershock, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, and Thunderbolt
Appearance: A Normal Looking Pikachu
Personality: Pikachu is the brave and confident on of Jaden's team. Pikachu is always willing to go on adventures. (Haha, that part reminded me of Flapjack! XD) He acts like a leader and will face any opponent that comes in his way.
History: Jaden recieved her Pikachu from her father when it was a baby Pichu. They quickly became friends and Pichu evolved into the Pikachu she has now.
Additional information: Wears a blue bow in her left ear.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I know I still don't have my SU up, so it's not really my place, but I did have an idea. Maybe you could let some people join the RP as members of PXS? I, personally, wouldn't, even if we could, but some people, I'm sure would want to.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Adam: Haha, it's fine. Just tell me when you're done :P

IchigoTorisuna: Firstly, I would like a few more sentences in both Appearance and Personality. History also needs quite a bit more because it doesn't really contain many character-shaping details. Also, there's nothing in the history that talks about the Katsu region or PXS (which is completely separate from Team Rocket). It's also highly unlikely that someone would find a Riolu laying about with no explanation. She probably shouldn't have the Power of Aura. Sorry, no telepathic speaking between Trainer and Pokemon. The Charzard doesn't have a Personality. Sorry, shinies aren't allowed (funny how I forget to write these rules before...). So for now, you're pending.

Midnight Bear: I was thinking that if somebody wanted to, it would be best to do that after the RP was better established and therefore allow people to use their second character as a PXS member if they wanted to. This is still just an idea, though, and I have to make sure it'll work x3

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Raikiri: Just try to avoid killing eachother, mkay? :P

Everyone: Aaaaaaaand, that makes ten :D Finally managed to get mine up ^.^' Anywho, thanks for being patient everyone. I'll try and get the first post up by tomorrow!

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
I agree, they probably won't get along, but what can you do?

Liacri

moral support penguin
Years
Mira, I give you permission (not that you need it... >.>) to slap me with a fish, because I posted my SU in the wrong thread. Failure...

Name: Audrey Elyse Dewitt (called Aud, Auds, or anything else one wishes to call her, really)

Appearance:
Audrey stands just barely on the short side for a girl her age, keeping the same slender build she had had three years previously. Her expressive jade eyes are a bright contrast against her fair skin. On a whim, she decided to cut and dye her hair, and it is now brown with a few streaks of pink, reaching just past her shoulders. Most days, she pulls it half back to keep it out of her face. Audrey's preferred everyday outfit consists of a floral red and salmon colored sundress made travel-worthy by a pair of jeans beneath it. Her idea of "practical footwear" is nothing more than a pair of light-up sneakers, though goodness knows where she found a pair in her size. She wears simple jewelry: a woven bracelet on her left wrist, a silver ring on her right hand, and a silver necklace. She always carries around a sizable messenger bag, filled with everything from a bottle of water to a small Skitty plushie.

Personality:
Audrey is the type of person who seems to take everything with a grain of sugar as opposed to salt. Almost constantly cheerful, Audrey can always find the silver lining to a situation, or perhaps she sees the entire cloud as silver. The epitome of a ditzy social butterfly, she often speaks very rapidly, which contributes toward her aura of perpetual hyper energy. Easily pleased and entertained, Audrey is also quickly distracted by shiny or cute objects, and her attention span is akin to that of a squirrel. She considers most Pokémon to be adorable, though she has a phobia of Spinaraks, Ariadoses, and some Bug Pokémon. Audrey often throws herself headlong into situations without a thought to the possible consequences. She will flirt with the boys who come her way and occasionally turn them to her or her friends' advantage. Despite her shortcomings, she always bounces back after any sort insult aimed her way. Fiercely loyal to her friends, she has a soft heart, always willing to help someone in need. Audrey harbors a deep love for Pokémon and the people of the Katsu region; consequently, she does her best to remain focused when on a mission with the Uprising.When confronted with something undesirable, she shuts it out, resulting in a good deal of time spent in her own little world. Every now and then, Audrey's more serious side comes out. This usually occurs on the Uprising's more important missions. At these times, she is much less flighty, shows more sensitivity, and takes things far more earnestly than she would under normal circumstances.

Background:
Audrey was born in Crystal City, though she has no memories of it. Her parents moved their newborn daughter and three-year-old son to the outskirts of Chipper City shortly after in order to be closer to their extended family. Her father worked as a physician, and her mother stayed at home with her young children. Audrey's fondest childhood memories involve the days she spent with her best friend, Isabel, lovingly dubbed "Sabey," on the Evans' Eevee farm. On her tenth birthday, her family gave her a Sentret. The two of them were never apart. Three years later, Audrey received her second Pokémon. A breeder, a friend of the family, had an extra, unwanted egg, which he gave to the girl. The egg soon hatched into a Togepi. Another three years passed, and Audrey was perfectly content to live at home with her family and Pokémon. Audrey's brother, Keith, was interested in the medical profession at this point and became an exchange student in Hoenn's Rustboro City. Soon after his departure, the law that aimed to eliminate Pokémon from the Katsu region came into effect. Now just turned sixteen, Audrey and her friend Isabel set out to join the movement against the law: the Uprising. During her time with the Uprising, Audrey obtained the first and only Pokémon she captured in the wild: a Riolu. When the Uprising came under attack in Shadow Valley, Audrey, along with many of her comrades, was captured by PXS. Eventually, the group broke out of captivity, disguised themselves as members of the very organization that had held them captive, and set out within PXS to Frosty Gorge. There, the old Uprising force was almost entirely wiped out, but Audrey managed to escape with the new Uprising, led by her friend Isabel, and fled the region. Audrey spent the largest portion of the next three years following Isabel around, increasingly worried about the changes occurring in her friend. Eventually, Audrey and Isabel parted ways, and Audrey traveled to Rustboro City to visit her brother, now in an internship. They had been out of contact both with each other and with their parents for some time, ever since the Katsu region had blocked off the communication. Audrey stayed with Keith for some time, always spreading the word in whatever way possible, including via blog, about the Katsu region in order to gain support for the Uprising. Upon receiving the call from Isabel, she bid farewell to her brother. Though sympathetic to the Uprising's cause, Keith was unable to leave Rustboro at the time despite his willingness to join, and gave what support he could.

Additional Information: Since Audrey and I have polar opposite personalities, I may struggle at RPing her. I might have Keith join up later if she starts to get to me.

RP Sample: I think you know my writing style fairly well by now....

Nickname:
Rhee
Breed:
Furret
Moves:
Sucker Punch, Protect, Facade, Hidden Power
Appearance:
Normal for her species.
Personality:
Audrey's first Pokémon, Rhee is very like her Trainer. She has very little ability to concentrate and is always running and bouncing around energetically. Just as scatterbrained as Audrey, Rhee trusts her Trainer completely. This can be a self-destructing combination if neither are entirely on task, but it causes a strong bond between them. Rhee will never disobey anything Audrey tells her and absolutely adores the girl. Rhee is very friendly with Audrey's other Pokémon, regardless of whether or not they appreciate it.
History:
Rhee was given to Audrey on the girl's tenth birthday by her family, shortly after the Sentret had hatched. Audrey named and raised Rhee, and she evolved into a Furret three and a half years later.
Additional Information:
n/a

Nickname:
Tik (pronounced "teek")
Breed:
Togetic
Moves:
Magical Leaf, Wish, Secret Power, Psychic
Appearance:
Normal for her species, except her triangles are lighter shades of red and blue than normal.
Personality:
Tik is a very gentle and generally cheerful Pokémon who cares greatly for her Trainer. Audrey and Tik get along very well, and have a bit of an understanding in which Tik will remind Audrey to get her head out of the clouds when necessary. Gifted with a good deal more common sense than either Audrey or Rhee, Tik is the voice of reason among Audrey's team, though she goes about it kindly, as befits her nature. Tik acts as the mediator between Rhee and Luce, and shares a bond of sorts with each.
History:
At the age of thirteen, Audrey received Tik while still in the egg. A breeder, who was a friend of the family, had an egg without a home, which he gave to Audrey. When the Togepi hatched, Audrey decided to call it Tik and raised it much like she had Rhee. Tik evolved into a Togetic when Audrey was almost sixteen years old.
Additional Information:
n/a

Nickname:
Luce
Breed:
Riolu
Moves:
Drain Punch, Force Palm, Agility, Sky Uppercut
Appearance:
Normal for his species.
Personality:
Luce is the tactician of Audrey's team. Smart and calculating, he regards his fellow team members with a grudging respect, though he gets along far better with Tik than with Rhee, whose demeanor he dislikes. He shares a close bond with his Trainer despite their opposing personalities. By far the most serious of Audrey's Pokémon, Luce will override her orders without hesitation if he thinks he has a better way.
History:
With the help of some of her peers in the Uprising, Audrey caught Luce while traveling in the Katsu region. Though he did not get along with the others in his team at first, Audrey's kindness eventually won him over to her side.
Additional Information:
Although Luce has been with Audrey for over three years now, he has not evolved into a Lucario. He may know why, but he has not made this clear to Audrey. She does not care in the least and remains convinced of his cuteness, much to his chagrin.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Liacri: Well... I think I'll let you off this time... And you don't have to remove your SU from the main thread 'cause you're accepted.

Everyone: Okay y'all, the time has come to begin. Though before you make your first post, you need to be sure that you have already posted your SU on the main thread. And naturally you will be posting from one of two locations: either on the boat, or waiting for the boat to arrive at the Katsu Region. Let's try to keep it to this for the most part to keep things a little more simple to begin with :P

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Ah, I'll get my post up soon~

Oh, and -just maybe- Rena will make her reappearance someday, if that's OK.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Roswell: Sounds good. Just be sure to get up a profile for her before you do :P

IceFireLighning: Erm... Your post has major bunnying in it... You're not allowed to control other people's characters, let alone to that extent... Please change it considerably.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
RavenStar: But of course. You're reserved. Would you mind removing your OOC post from the main thread, though?

Years
Sheila Gavrosh

OoC: Done editing! When will I be able to post?

Here is my character, Sheila! I'd like to try and post another character as well, but if I can only have one, this is the most important to me. :3 Hopefully this is okay!

_____

Name: Sheila Gavrosh

Appearance: 5'11", somewhat lanky build. Pale, peach-tinted skin; flushed pink lips and a heart-shaped face. Fairly muscular arms and legs; small chest and hips, but skinny midsection. Wears a skin-tight, pale, sky blue corset top with tiny black trim around the top seam, and a pair of fingerless "biker gloves" that match her shirt. Her legs are sheathed in her favorite, worn out, faded blue jeans that are ripped up on the front of her upper legs. They hug her legs, but bell out slightly at the bottom. On her feet are a pair of somewhat impractical, clunky black heels; they cover her foot like a pair of normal black sneakers, but just happen to have a thick one inch heel. Her ears are pierced and decorated with a large white hoop on either lobe. Sheila holds herself in a proud, unladylike manner, often slouching into one of her hips.

Sheila's pin-straight, thin hair is dyed a vibrant emerald green shade, and pulled back into a high ponytail with bangs loose on either side to frame her face. Her eyelids are decorated with strikingly heavy, punk-like makeup. This makeup consists of black winged liner across the eye and thick black lashes. A dark shade of green eyeshadow is smeared on the inner corner of her eye, and an electric lime shade covers the rest of the lid and stretches out past the corner with the wing of the liner. The rest of her face, however, is free of makeup.

The most unusual thing about Sheila, however, is not her makeup or hair: it's the fact that her body is covered in numerous Pokemon tattoos. A Dragonair winds it's head over the top of her left shoulder and around her neck, letting it's tail fall across her shoulderblade and diagonally down her back. An image of her Shiny Marowak graces her left shoulderblade; Raikou runs across her lower back, surrounded by bolts of neon colored energy. Rayquaza has it's tail coiled in a circle around her belly button, and stretches upward to peek it's head between her breasts and onto her clavicle, where it lets out a roar. An eevee sleeps on Sheila's right hand, snuggled in a bed of grass beneath the glove she wears. Zapdos wraps it's wings around her right upper arm with a Squirtle on it's back, and an Ekans winds it's way down her lower arm. Little lightning bolts of different colors spark all along her right arm to surround the picture. A shiny beedrill is depicted throwing an arm up her lower left arm, surrounded by a Poliwag, and a shiny zubat leaping into the air. On her upper left arm, a Phanpy trumpets gleefully. Flowers and blades of grass are scattered between the pokemon on the left arm, and a shellder sticks out it's tongue on the front of her left shoulder. On the palm of Sheila's left hand is a gulpin with it's mouth wide open. A chinchou looks up from the edge of Shiela's right shoe, it's antenna sticking up onto her ankle. Various water pokemon swim up her right leg with a background of water and ice, including Carvinha, Seaking, Octillery and Seal. A Slowpoke hugs her left leg tightly, as if it is afraid of falling off; surrounded by neon colored stars. Swellow, Pidgey, and Starly are lead by a triumphant Articuno to spread their wings on Sheila's upper leg leg and thigh, little swirls of clouds scattered between them. The tattoos that Sheila wears are all in vibrant colors, and must have taken many painful hours. Though only a few are visible, peeking out of or through her clothing, she is greatly proud of the work-- especially since she crafted a number of these tattoos with her own hands.

Personality: Sheila is very loud-- she speaks in a loud tone, and if someone begins to speak over her, she will shamelessly raise her voice to be heard over them. She also expresses her emotions and opinions in a way that can't be ignored, be they by shouting in annoyance or letting out gleeful "ow ow!" type noises. Sheila is very protective over others; particularly Pokemon and small children. If she sees a child or Pokemon being treated in a way that she sees as poor(even though her standards of "poor" can be different than those of others) she'll speak up immediately and butt into the situation. Sheila is quirky in that her moralities, ideals, fashion sense and concept of what is "normal" are different than the majority: she sees nothing wrong with dressing in outrageous clothing, hair dye, and tattoos. The world is a canvas for artwork, in her mind. Sheila is also kindhearted and gentle; she acts very motherly toward Pokemon or younger trainers (sometimes to their annoyance.) While Sheila acts rough around the edges, what with her brash way of speaking and body language, that kind heart always shines through to those who deserve it. Unfortunately, Sheila is so confident with herself that she has a bad habit of being painfully honest: if someone asks "Do I look fat?" and they do, you'd better bet she'll say "Yes!"; and if she thinks someone is doing something stupid, she'll point it out in a heartbeat. To make this even more of a problem, Sheila is easy to agitate and get into an argument with, even over stupid disagreements. However, she never truly means anyone any harm-- even if she's shouting at them. Sheila is very extroverted and comfortable in her own skin; the opinions of others, when it concerns her at least, are of no significance. While all of her other emotions are quite open, Sheila has one that seems locked away: it is near impossible to make her cry, and only the most upsetting of events have this potential. The only one to have seen her cry would be her Pokemon, Marrow. Despite her blunt nature, Sheila has a very kind heart.

Background: Sheila grew up in a calm, but restricting, household. It was the sort of house that was distressing to live in, but not "bad" enough for her to feel worthy of making a real complaint. At home, Sheila was not allowed to be herself-- don't slouch, don't be too loud, you mustn't cry for crying is misbehaving-- and felt caged in for the majority of her childhood. Her hair was a boring shade of dirty blonde, her skin untouched by tattoos, unless she would dare to draw on herself with marker. She grew up fascinated with Pokemon, and would spend hours in her room drawing them and hiding the drawings beneath her bed. Pokemon, however, were a forbidden subject, like witchcraft. Sheila's mother and father had a distinct disliking for Pokemon-- viewing them as dangerous creatures that should not be tampered with, and all should be removed from society-- and when her Mother came to clean her room one day, when Sheila was fifteen, she found the stash of Pokemon drawings.
There were hundreds of them, and they were beautiful. They had grown in beauty over the years so that the earliest were pleasant crayon drawings, and the newer seemed like photographs etched onto the pages. Sheila's parents had never guessed that those art supplies she had kept bringing home were to draw more than just the plants in their backyard.
Sheila came home that night to a bonfire of her drawings, her parents standing before them with straight faces.
She ran into the woods nearby, collapsed on a pile of crisp autumn leaves, and cried, where she knew no one would see her-- where she knew it would be safe. She cried so bitterly and heavily that it attracted the attention of something she had never met before.
"Bone...cubone, bone?"
Sheila felt a slight tap of something hard, like a bone, on her shoulder. She lifted her head, stringy blonde hair all stuck to her face from her tears. Her eyes went wide as she looked right into the eyes of a real, live Cubone-- the first Pokemon that she'd ever been able to see in person. Sheila sat up, shaking, and stared at him; her hands on her knees, sniffling to try and cease her crying.
"H-Hello?" She asked, hesitantly.
Cubone reached for one of her hands and patted it consolingly. "Cubone. Cu,"
Since that day, Sheila snuck out of her house to the forest to search for the Cubone; and sure enough, it returned every day as well. Just three days later, Sheila realized that her house was not a home, and left her family without saying goodbye. She bought a Pokeball with her savings, and went to the woods again before leaving; where Cubone awaited and gracefully accepted capture. Sheila from then on, with Cubone's help, became herself for the first time; she laughed as loudly as she wanted, wasn't afraid to slouch or be rude, and began to draw her Pokemon all over again: eventually transferring them onto her body, that she might never lose the images that fascinated her so deeply.

When Katsu began to export Pokemon and the PXS surfaced, Sheila had the misfortune of finding out personally that her parents had joined the organization. They didn't recognize her-- perhaps didn't care, if they did-- when they tried to take the Pokemon of a whole town Sheila was passing through. Even though she was by then a more powerful trainer, Sheila was barely able to help that courageous town rebel against the government and throw the PXS back and help the town keep their Pokemon... for a few days. She left the region and went to Johto when the Katsu region continued their exportation. The entire time, Sheila prayed that the new Katsu ideals would go away, and vowed to train to become strong enough that her Pokemon would not be taken away if this new exportation idea spread to other regions. When the PXS unveiled their wicked plot, Sheila vowed to train to overthrow the PXS and keep the joy that is Pokemon from being taken from the people forever. Now, that day has come, and she has joined the Uprising with a determined and happy heart.

Additional Information: Is very protective of others, with what she calls her "Mama Bear" instinct.

RP Sample: (Okay, this one is from a private roleplay about an escape from a genetics lab with my boyfriend. It's going to seem pretty out of context, but hopefully it'll work!)
An experiment grumbled in his cell, his arms and legs secured to different cuffs in the wall. It left him looking like a large X, and suspended about six inches from the ground, with only a foot between him and the back wall of his cell.
Only a little sliver of light came in from the window placed in his door.
At the moment, he was muttering about how dinner was late, how he was going to kill those scientists when he got the chance, and some business about that they'd be in even more pain if some girl he seemed to care quite a lot about wasn't getting fed on time either. He raised an eyebrow, however, when he noticed obnoxiously loud mechanical noises coming his way, then saw the top of someone's head through the window in his door.
Aeron sighed. Just that robot again.
"Please prepare to cover your hearing devices." Frei rattled.
"Look, if you're gonna stand there and bug me, you'd better have brought something to eat!" He snapped. At least Crow could have programmed that bucket of bolts to talk like a normal person...and how could he cover his ears, anyway, when his arms were stuck in the wall? Ridiculous. "Just go away! And tell those scientists that they can--"
Frei interrupted. "Error. Cynical data does not compute,"
Aeron blinked. What was that, some kind of insult...? There was a brief silence, then a sort of whirring noise from Frei. Another silence, followed by some hydraulic noises and the sound of gears grinding; then, next thing Aeron knew, with the most horrible noise he'd heard in awhile, the imprint of a fist smashed into the door of his cell, the metal contorting around half of Frei's arm.
The door fell forward onto the floor of the cell with a smash, a part of the doorframe falling out sideways. Frei stepped over it and walked over to Aeron.
He immediately began to squirm.
"Augh! Don't kill me! I'll take it back, I swear!"
Frei looked at him blankly, her eyes making some scanning noises, and she proceeded to walk over to the wall near Aeron's left arm. She pulled back a fist dramatically.
"W- What are you doing?!"
"Please cease all uncooperative functions. I will crush your restraints so that we may follow the selected evacuation procedure accordingly."
Before Aeron could even think on what she'd just said, Frei smashed a hole in the wall, so that the restraint keeping Aeron's arm in place came loose. She then went to release his other limbs, ignoring his statements of both enthusiasm and nervousness with her smashing things so close to his body.

Five minutes later, Frei was leading Aeron out of his cell. He was stretching and walking around quickly, obviously eager to leave. He turned to run toward the door of the jail room, but was quickly grabbed by the back of the neck by Frei.
"Please cease all uncooperative functions. Five subjects remain on this level."
She released him and began trudging over to the next cell. This one was different than the others; there was a weird electronic box on the front of the door, and it had no windows. Also, Frei detected high levels of heat and humidity coming from inside the room.
Anyone else might have been careful with all of the obviously complicated(and important) technology on the door, but Frei pulled back her arm and smashed the door down, trudging inside the cell. As the door fell, some blindingly bright lights flickered off, and hot, moist air wafted from inside the room. Frei detected that the moisture was not at a hazard level for her(of course, seeing as she was already in the room, it would have been too late by now) and glanced at the ground, where what looked to be a large pile of vegetation was lying.
Aeron looked curiously into the room behind her. "Huh. So that must be where they get the crappy vegetables for salad when they give it to us. But I don't see any point in taking nasty food with us--geez, why are you gonna kick it?!"
"Negative. Kicking involves high force. Proceeding to...searching for term. Found. Proceeding to 'poke'."
Frei was currently standing on one leg, her other leg pulled back dramatically. If she was going to poke, it would be certain that whatever the thing was would feel it.
The pile of vegetation moved a bit.
"Wait wait wait wait," Aeron said, rushing in, and at the command Frei lowered her foot again. The pile of vegetation moved once more, a few vines lifting it up. It made a soft groaning noise as if waking up from sleep; Aeron moved around to see that all he and Frei had seen so far was the experiment's back. Now that he got a better look, it wasn't a pile of vegetables, but a highly mutated person, who was now staring at him, blinking.
"You are not a scientist." The plant pointed out, in a voice that was hoarse, but sounded like it would have been pretty if it wasn't so sickly.
"Nope." Aeron said. "This robot is helping us leave. She said something about some weird birds, or something, helping us get out."
"Oh." Said the plant, indifferently. "You should not waste time trying to take me with you. I'm not going to last long, anyway."
"Please proceed with evacuation." Frei rattled.
"You can't stay or anything." Aeron pointed out. "You look, err...fine. To me."
The plant tried to shake her head but couldn't very well. It was hard to do when her neck was made out of wood.
There was a brief silence, then Frei said,
"Proceeding to force pessimistic subject to evacuate. Initiate three second warning. Three."
"What are you going to--?"
"One." Frei leaned nosily forward, bending down to her knees, before picking up the plant in her arms. The plant let out a weird squeak.
"What happened to 'two'!?"
Frei ignored Aeron, tilting the plant upward, and dropping her so she had no choice but to catch itself with the vines coming out of her waist. The plant wobbled and almost fell over, but managed to catch herself and hold herself up.

th_Spr_4h_105copy.gif

Nickname: Marrow
Breed: Marowak

Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, Endeavor,
Appearance: Has a bright turquoise "V" painted on it's skull by Sheila; this mark washes off in water.
Personality: Serious, Sympathetic, Stubbon, Painfully Honest, Hot-Headed, and Protective; but has a kind heart under his rough exterior.
History: Marrow is the Cubone who met Sheila in the forest, and has a fierce loyalty to her because of it. Though Sheila doesn't know it, Marrow had been abandoned the morning of the day that he found Sheila crying; and so, their two lonely hearts met at just the right time. Sheila means more to Marowak than anyone in the world; it would give its life for her in a heartbeat.
Additional information: Can't STAND to see someone or thing crying; that is it's true weakness.

th_Spr_4h_148copy.gif

Breed: Dragonair
Moves: Dragon Rush, Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Twister
Appearance: Has a green bow tied around it's neck and it's tail.
Personality: Gentle, Shy, No-Nonsense.
History: Sheila captured it as a Dratini while she was hiding in the mountains several years ago.

Spr_4p_443_f.png

Nickname: Lockjaw
Breed: Gible
Moves: Dragon Claw, Sand Tomb, Tackle, Dragon Rage
Personality: Hyperactive, Playful, Stubborn, Loud, Rough, Clueless
History: Sheila was able to receive a mystery Pokemon egg at the end of a battling contest that hatched into Gible.

th_Spr_4h_148copy-1.gif

Nickname: General
Breed: Blastoise
Moves: Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Rapid Spin, Skull Bash
Appearance: Shiela often paints odd designs on it's shell and head, usually in Lime Green. Currently, he sports some circles on his limbs, a big green G on his tummy, a circle pattern on his back, and a curved green line under each of his eyes. The paint is a new attempt at "waterproof" that Sheila is testing, though it tends to wash off after a bit anyway.
Personality: Protective, Stubborn, Easily Agitated, Conceited.
History: General is the second Pokemon that Sheila ever caught. She found him as a Squirtle in a pond while exploring with Cubone. After an epic and tiring battle, Squirtle was captured. General has trained long and hard with Sheila and respects her greatly; she's maybe the only person whom he might consider to be better than he is. Maybe.

Spr_4h_032.png

Breed: Nidoran
Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Poison Sting, Horn Attack
Personality: Serious, Protective, Lonely. It is hard to earn it's trust.
History: Nidoran was given to Sheila by a trainer who was present during the rebellion against PXS that she assisted in. The trainer, a sickly young girl, feared that she would not be strong enough to keep her precious Nidoran safe and begged Sheila to take her. Nidoran still misses and loves his first trainer more than any other, but respects the choice that his trainer made and therefore takes confidence in Sheila.

Spr_4h_084_m.png

Breed: DoDou
Moves: Drill Peck, Uproar, Quick Attack, Endeavor
Personality: Hyperactive, Cowardly, Oblivious, Loud around those it trusts but Shy amoungst newcomers. However, it doesn't take long at all to get on this Pokemon's good side.
History: Sheila caught DoDou in the wild; it is her most recently captured Pokemon next to Gible, and is the "baby" of the group. DoDou quickly took a liking to Sheila due to the fact that she was covered in so many interesting bright colors.
Additional information: Eats constantly, and eats anything. Tends to get into things it shouldn't, or wander off. Keep shiny objects away from this Pokemon- it will eat them!

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
Years
RavenStar: Your Personality is currently too short. I suggest that you expand on each of the traits listed in order to give us a better feel for who the character is and how she reacts to certain situations. Also, for your History, it was actually the Katsu region's government that outlawed Pokemon and tried to export them, while PXS hoarded Pokemon in order to later use them to take over when the region was weakened. Your RP sample's a bit short, too. Can you find something that's a little bit longer or has more action/character interaction in it? And sorry, but no shinies. The rest of the SU looks great and I can't wait to see what your character ends up doing in the RP x3 You're reserved.

Back