• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've been helping out with making a game recently, by doing some scripting and some much-needed organisation/listing of tasks.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
It's been a while since I last visited here and everything seems cool.

I myself am working on my Megaman X game while I'm not doing homework, although I decided to take a rest from it. You could say I'm on stand by.

I also design Pokémon interfaces from time to time, just for the fun of it... well, actually to get more experience in graphic and animation stuff.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 18, 2013
Currently in the process of creating a massive collection of tile sets for HGSS. Since they're no good tile sets out there. =]

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Along with working on super pokemon eevee edition- getting it ready for the next major demo. I've been working on a sideproject

It's an action RPG with combat that's HEAVILY inspired by the Devil May Cry series (3 and 4 in particular)I've got the basic combat engine completed. and it plays very, very nicely.

here's a video of it in action.

Framerate is 60fps when you play it, i just don't have a powerful enough computer to keep a stable framerate when recording.

Don't really have a name for it. All I've really planned right now is the combat system. Even the RPG progression systems aren't implemented yet.

But I'm planning to finish up SPEE, then work fulltime on that project, and hopefully, get it kickstarted.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Chimpuzzle Pro for Wii U.
The game itself is finished long ago, but I'm now waiting for funds to get the Age Ratings done, and I need to fill in a W-8BEN Form and get an EIN Number, in order to release it in the Western-Hemisphere.
I mean, Jesus, I thought the PAL Region was bureaucratic, but it's just a breeze, compared to the Western-Hemisphere.
This game is made in Unity3D.
Here's some Gameplay to tease you with:

Unnamed Wii U Project.
While this game is still in its Pre-Alpha Stages (but not for long), this is the next game I'm working on for the Nintendo Wii U.
I've decided to not leak anything about this Project yet, so I can work on it for as long as it's needed, instead of as long as people aren't hungry.
I might reveal the first information during Q2 of 2014, so stay tuned.
Like Chimpuzzle Pro, this game is made in Unity3D.

Unnamed 3DS Project.
Just like the Wii U Project, this game will not be revealed, until it's ready for it.
This game has to be my first game from scratch (not using Unity3D), my first game coming to Dual Media, and my first big game.
At the moment, I'm switching this Project with the Wii U Project weekly (Week 1 = 3DS, Week 2 = Wii U, Week 3 = 3DS, etc.).
This game is in its Conception Stage right now, so if you feel like wanting to see a feature, make a suggo, and I'll look if it's possible to do so.
But remember we're currently a Team of 3 people, so don't ask for the undoable, these will be skipped right away.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
I'm creating maps and the events for my game. In the part I'm making, the player and his friend are spying Giovanni(the team rocket member) and the Rocket Admins. They have to hide because Giovanni's Pokémon are much stronger than the player's Pokémon.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Daydreaming and indecision, writing down ideas on notepads and squirreling them away from a time when I'm not bogged down...

But to be honest, I'm glad there's a good few games popping up here since 2008. I feel that I should take a step back from being in the crowd of people focused on their own creations to take some time and enjoy others'.

I guess it goes hand-in-hand with something I keep hearing real game developers talk about: how spending so much time making games gives so little time to play them.

But I think such things are essential...

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
Well, we don't really have little time to play games, because we need to test our games before releasing.
After all, you don't want to play something unplayable.
Any other game (games the Developer doesn't make) get played from time to time, but not as entertainment, they're played as research.
But sure, while making, there's indeed not much time for it, as we're still dealing with deadlines, no matter what.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Recently got back into game creation due to finding the old folder for Pokemon Global Revolution.

Fiddled around getting it updated to the latest Essentials kit, and now I'm working on overhauling all of the old maps and scripts. Also removing the old references to the now defunct companion fan-MMO, and starting to add a new story to it.

Quite a lot of work really. Starting on Kanto for now, and I've got maps up to Cerulean to work on. The old game had bits of all the regions in it however, though I doubt I'll be going that far. Kanto and Johto will be more than enough since I'm increasing map sizes and adding anime-inspired locations. Helps that the first two regions hold a lot of nostalgia for me.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I've gotten back into working on Essentials, and I've done a number of interesting things already. Most recently, for example, I've touched up the movement permissions so that you can no longer cycle on ice, events can't randomly walk onto ledges, and things like that.

Years
Working on an "Accomplishment" system for Pokemon Atom's MMORPG.
It basically gives medals to the players who finish the game. When you first start, you pick a gen 1 starter and after finishing the game and getting your first medal, you restart, but get to keep your first Pokemon back at level 5 AND pick a starter from Gen 2 this time.

This can be done 3 times. Which means you can finish the game 3 times and get all 3 gen starters.

More info about the game in my signature.

PS: I'm looking for a world-designer to help with the maps.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I'm busy drafting up some more text documents for my game, Faith & Prayer Version. I just finished writing out the entire storyboard progression sheet - while I had it all planned out in my head previously, I now have it all down in a readable location in case I forgot. I'm now working on documenting some of the important trainers.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I've mostly been updating my game design document for readability and adding the new concept art our artist has been working on. Tomorrow I think I'm going to work on implementing sprite animations and maybe code for reading .txt files as game data.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Currently stuck in translation.

I acquired a new ASUS laptop about a month ago, my old laptop was burning up after the screen died on me. I pulled the screen off and hooked it up to a monitor and have been working like that for a few months, but the plastic casing on the laptop was beginning to reshape itself, so I decommissioned it until I could pick up a new one.

The new laptop has a solid state drive I cannot get to to swap things out, without voiding my warranty. I am currently working on transferring everything off of the old drive to a flash drive, game files included.

My new laptop has USB 3.0 and my old laptop has 2.0 but only the drivers to function at 1.0... my god it is slow. I have been at it for a few days now.

Other than that, I am still doing style guide work and world building. It is fun, but not visually productive in the way of what I can actually show off.

Speed is not something you come by as a 1 man developing team.

Years
mostly piecing together the story and redoing the parts of the game i lost in a computer crash(it wasn't really far however so it doesn't matter that much).

also working on the pokedex, adding a new type and thinking if i should add a new ability or not

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
I've set up an outline for a region map, but I don't have anything else for now... I want to compile enough data about the region before setting up the regional PokéDex..

Where should I post for feedback on region maps? I know there's a thread for in-game maps but I don't have tools to make those yet..

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I've spent two weeks working on my game.
I've reached the second gym, and am proceeding to make the insides.

I've ben working really quickly, I'm hoping to release a beta by Novemeber-Late

Back