• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Nakala Pri

When people end up being muted or locked they always go to the fact that they didn't know what the rules were or were never warned about the rule they broke but what they don't realise is that it only takes a few seconds to ask staff or any of the active members of the chat what the rules are. You should have enough common sense to either find what the rules are and get familiar with them so you don't end up banned/muted or PM a member of staff before you post something to make sure you're not violating the rules. Also this thing of people trying to get around Bans and mutes by finding the smallest sort of loophole in the rules is stupid, Rules are not set in stone they have exceptions and can be adjusted depending on a situation, people should accept the fact they've broken the rules.

I've spoke to some people and they are on the same page as me in the fact that there is too much smut on the battle server at the moment, it seems like every single day I come there are people having a sexual discussion or making smut like comments and it's becoming annoying. I don't disagree with people having a laugh and maybe the odd cheeky comment because I do it myself a few times in a day but if you intend on sitting their and making comment after comment which is considered sexual or inappropriate you should either take it to a PM or stop talking about it altogether. It's becoming increasingly hard to have a real conversation with people because every time you make a comment it could end up with someone making a sexual pun about it.

As for the issue I've been seeing a lot which is going to be a dig at the mods of the server, It shouldn't matter who the person is that is breaking a rule if they've broken a rule they should be punished, I've seen it a few times were people who are friends with mods or might get on well with them are given special treatment when they break rules and in my opinion I think it's disgusting that mods throw their principles and the rules out the window because the person who is committing the offence is someone they get on with. No one on the server should get special treatment no matter who they are or what they've done in the past.

As Chase and Jin said about mods having lives I know that is the case for most and they may have things going on which are going to be more important than moderating a battle server but some mods seem to not care at all when someone decides to spam or troll or make comments to people, they just sit there and think it's amusing. I think the higher staff should really consider reviewing who they have as mods and who is actually doing the job they've been promoted to do.

It wasn't my intention for this to be a rant or anything like that but just my observation of what I've been seeing recently. People are going to have different opinions about what I've put and that is perfectly fine but I thought it would be better for someone who is a regular on the battle server to share what they see on a daily basis.

Yeah, it seems every time I peek on there someone is referring to 'erectile dysfunction' or something and I'd like to point something out..

IT'S FOR BATTLING! You want to talk about testicles? PM your friend, we're not interested. Kids are going on that man, and I saw some pretty young folks being influenced by that dirty talk.

And yeah, I know they have lives, but for those of us who don't, people who are living life are AFK when we need them most. ;;

And for the troll solution, this will weaken the blow a bit:

Only allow swearing for frequenters and mods and high staff, that way, the trolls can't swear and make someone feel like crap. They'll just have to call them a pooface or something.

Sirfetch’d

Only allow swearing for frequenters and mods and high staff, that way, the trolls can't swear and make someone feel like crap. They'll just have to call them a pooface or something.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. We are not going to single out who can discuss what based on some symbol. Swearing is just fine as long as it's used in moderation and to be honest, we have never had an issue with it. We are going to be much stricter on the sexual talk that has been occurring as of late.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Sorry, but that is ridiculous. We are not going to single out who can discuss what based on some symbol. Swearing is just fine as long as it's used in moderation and to be honest, we have never had an issue with it. We are going to be much stricter on the sexual talk that has been occurring as of late.

Most of the time there is never any need for someone to swear, I know we all do it in joking ways but it's still not something we should just do so lightly after all there are minors on the BC aswell, so we need to be sure to keep it as clean as we can, obviously it would be wrong to stop people from being able to be themselves and discuss and use words which they might see as normal but at the same time every has different views. It's good to hear that the BC staff are going to be more strict on the sexual talk as it was becoming a real problem. I know I complained about it to a few of the higher staff and mods and am grateful that they took the matter into consideration and have acted on it.

Going on what Tiara said even though the server is supposed to be for battling it's become more of a chat site for people to come on and have some good conversations with interesting people, of course the battling is supposed to be the main focus but unlike most servers PC's is special which is why it should have special rules and operations, but I think if the smut is pushed to a minimum it would make a lot more people willing to come on and stay which would obviously increase the amount of battles and would also make the small community on the server we have into a bigger family.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
140lvlx.png

Really getting tired of this philistinism. To be honest i think there should be an inquest into alot of the people currently modding the server. Most of the individuals do their job fine but really its one thing to be offensive (lol) but its another completely when one cant even joke with friends or have fun or inhale too loudly. My mute wasnt really bad because its all of 7 minutes and was probably more of an endeavor to put in place, but 60 minutes? Truly decadent. Also, much to the dismay of certain people im sure, i can confirm i will keep doing this until said deplorable actions are rendered benign.

Once again, yours truly. With much gleefulness, Dark Azelf. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Censoring people is sure to push people away and make it less welcoming to newcomers. I don't frequent the Battle Server much but if these types of changes were made I wouldn't complain and make everybody's life hard, I would just find other places to conduct my business.

Just something to think about. Sometimes it's what people don't say that counts, most people aren't going to complain, they leave. Myself personally, I don't tend to join censored communities either.

Poki

Banned
Years
140lvlx.png

Really getting tired of this philistinism. To be honest i think there should be an inquest into alot of the people currently modding the server. Most of the individuals do their job fine but really its one thing to be offensive (lol) but its another completely when one cant even joke with friends or have fun or inhale too loudly. My mute wasnt really bad because its all of 7 minutes and was probably more of an endeavor to put in place, but 60 minutes? Truly decadent. Also, much to the dismay of certain people im sure, i can confirm i will keep doing this until said deplorable actions are rendered benign.

Once again, yours truly. With much gleefulness, Dark Azelf. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is something I do not understand. It's one thing to mute someone because of legitimate reasons (offending others, trolling, causing arguments, etc...), but this is completely ridiculous.

I am truly sorry, Elf, but I shall not have any casual conversations with you anymore, because I am clearly offending you with the way I type. I believe that this chatroom is for intelectual conversations only, and it shall remain as such. Once again, I apologize for my foolish behaviour.

- Yours truly, botifgt Betty.

Seriously, though - this is utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Why mute us, when we clearly didn't do anything wrong? Unless, of course, greeting each other is against the rules. Silly me. :)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
You guys need to stop acting like little kids when you get muted, You were warned before about the words you use on the server and yet you continue to ignore it.

No on ever said you can't have a laugh but when you act like a child about it then action is obviously going to be taken. You always try to bend the rules to your whim and think it's unfair that you get targeted but the fact is that you're obviously doing something to get the attention of the mods like that. Cide was muted earlier by Jin for using inappropriate language and didn't learn her lesson, even when she was muted the second time she pmed Jin telling him she didn't care about being muted or taking any of the warnings seriously. If you're going to have no respect for the rules or the people who enforce them you shouldn't even bother coming on the server.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
A fair point above and exactly what I'm talking about. Just find another place to go and tell your friends. I've been through this before online, it's much easier and often turns out for the best because you're free to be yourself. Remember, even Nazis were unhappy under Hitler.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
You guys need to stop acting like little kids when you get muted, You were warned before about the words you use on the server and yet you continue to ignore it.

No on ever said you can't have a laugh but when you act like a child about it then action is obviously going to be taken. You always try to bend the rules to your whim and think it's unfair that you get targeted but the fact is that you're obviously doing something to get the attention of the mods like that. Cide was muted earlier by Jin for using inappropriate language and didn't learn her lesson, even when she was muted the second time she pmed Jin telling him she didn't care about being muted or taking any of the warnings seriously. If you're going to have no respect for the rules or the people who enforce them you shouldn't even bother coming on the server.

Uhhh, please point me in the direction of the oh so bad words? I dont see any swearing. Its a Joke. WE WERE JOKING. It was made in jest. No one the joke was aimed at was offended. People need to not be so sensitive about things that werent even directed at them. THEY are the ones being immature and childish by going out of their way to make a mountain out of a mole hill. The last part about inappropriate language is irrelevant to us so idek why you brought this up? I gather no one has seen Dolan, if you had that is what me and Betty were doing. Anyway thats simply against the point. If its about the meaning of the word "fgt" then wow just wow and furthermore, how do you know me and/or Betty arent gay? (Im not just for future reference [dont think Betty is either but i digress], but i have gay friends who dont find that offensive. :/)

Like i said on the server, the line between being butthurt, abusing/misunderstanding the rules (its one of these but ive yet to decide) and being able to take jokes has become distorted. Id have more respect, you know, if things weren't being frankly distorted and blown out of proportion. It really boggles the mind that something so trivial warrants a 60 min mute, seriously. Ive seen trolls and spammers get less.

No on ever said you can't have a laugh

Words are cheap. Its not about what anyone said, its about the aforementioned actions.

Lastly, Azire has a very good point. Doing things like this only drives people away when near enough everything is taken out of context.

Last edited:

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
It's not my job to butt in, and I don't know the whole story, but that really doesn't seem mutable. I'm sure if someone of a higher rank did it, or a more prestigious person, like Hikamaru, you wouldn't do anything. People make fun of Nova all the time in there as a joke, and I see cussing and stuff rather frequently depending on the situation, but no one ever gets in trouble for it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
You guys have been getting muted for saying "faggot" too often. If you don't know already, t's a common derogatory term to refer to a gay man. While the staff doesn't intend to censor such words completely like PC, we prefer to keep profanity to a minimum. As it stands, you haven't been doing that.

Lastly, Azire has a very good point. Doing things like this only drives people away when near enough everything is taken out of context.
You have to understand that there are people with different opinions. Believe it or not, many people find ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and similar words disrespectful, and therefore can drive them away. We can't appease everyone unfortunately.

Nakala Pri

It's not my job to butt in, and I don't know the whole story, but that really doesn't seem mutable. I'm sure if someone of a higher rank did it, or a more prestigious person, like Hikamaru, you wouldn't do anything. People make fun of Nova all the time in there as a joke, and I see cussing and stuff rather frequently depending on the situation, but no one ever gets in trouble for it.

I agree, all I see is constant muting. And yeah, if high staff broke the rules, they'd be ignored. But a normal member will be muted, locked, banned and they'll throw away the key. Honestly, it's a bit sad. Sure, if they're spamming, but if they're teasing each other playfully (without use of testicle terms) then I see no problem. Flash a warning in their face if they're starting to wander just out of the safe zone, but muting for sixty minutes? Seriously dudes, I sincerely hope you clean up that server and maybe give it common sense.

Annnnnd stop being biased, not good, dudes and dudettes.

Yours truthfully, deviously and somewhat crazily,

Vanessa. (AKA, Rozu, part of the Mafia etc.)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I think it's better to have a server which is a little strict on the use of profanity and have a nicer atmosphere then letting people use it and have a lot of conflict.

Using words like ♥♥♥ have different meanings in different places and some may find it offensive even if it is in a joking manner, I would argue that you shouldn't really great someone by saying "hi ♥♥♥" but each to their own. Can we not just ask that people who like to use profanity because it makes them feel good just keep it to a minimum or try to use words that aren't as strong in meaning? I wouldn't like to see any of the people who disagree with whats going on to leave but at the same time they need to learn to be able to adapt to different rules and operations, after all you would have to do that in the real world so it makes for good practice. ^_^

I agree, all I see is constant muting. And yeah, if high staff broke the rules, they'd be ignored. But a normal member will be muted, locked, banned and they'll throw away the key. Honestly, it's a bit sad. Sure, if they're spamming, but if they're teasing each other playfully (without use of testicle terms) then I see no problem. Flash a warning in their face if they're starting to wander just out of the safe zone, but muting for sixty minutes? Seriously dudes, I sincerely hope you clean up that server and maybe give it common sense.

I think you missed by miles there, the mods only ever throw away the key if someone comes onto the server only with the sole intention of spamming, cussing or trying to be a dick and not intending on battling or having a human conversation. People who are regulars and have warnings have never been thrown away instead some mods or high staff try to reach out to them and say "Look you're a regular, People like you being here why don't you just out the crap?". If some people would like to recall when I first joined the server I had no real intention of having civil conversations but instead I picked a fight with anyone and everyone and had been muted/locked a few times and after awhile I thought what was the point in trying to be a dick when it wasn't going to get me anywhere. There are a few people on the server like Elf who have been there a lot longer then I have, so why are you not setting the example for the server? I know it's not in your right to do so but after so long of being there surely you would respect the staff, players and server long enough to do it without hesitation.

Also no one on the server is being biased, everyone is judged the same and although some of the mods have forgotten this the majority always make sure everyone is equal regardless of past issues or praises.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I really don't know this situation and appear to have jumped in this thread at the wrong time but...

Who finds "♥♥♥♥♥♥" offensive? I have a few gay friends and know even more gay people due to the fact my roommate is gay. I don't know a single person that finds it offensive and we use it freely. It's more comedy than anything else, I mean we literally answer phone calls with "Hey ******".

I feel this situation is much like another, if I answer the phone, "Hey ♥♥♥♥♥" you know who gets offended? White people. My black friends on the phone? Nothing. This is probably a situation where people that shouldn't be effected are getting angry.

Or we have a situation where people are overly sensitive or are trying to be political correctness activists.

EDIT: I should note that I am both White and Straight. I don't believe I ever clarified that in my post. :P

Nakala Pri

Maybe record logs of what people thought offensive and what they didn't? Sounds like a hassle but you don't want the server losing activity because someone said something someone found highly offensive, like insulting their religion, family etc.

These are just random idea's but yeah.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
@ Azire: I personally don't find ♥♥♥♥♥♥ offensive either. I believe that words are not inherently offensive. It all depends on the context in which it is used. But that is besides the point. PC censors profane language. The battle server is an official extension of PC. As a result, we have to follow their rules to some extent. I find that keeping profane language to a minimum is a happy medium between censorship and allowing excessive usages of it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years

Hate to sound like a broken record, but if you see a staff member breaking the rules please talk to another staff member. We take this stuff seriously. If you don't want to even talk to a server staff member, tell a PC smod or admin. I guarantee you that if a staff member breaks the rules we won't ignore, but if it seems to you that we ARE ignoring, please please notify us!

From what I have been told, I believe that Jin's mute of Incesticide was justified because he has been told not to use that word before. We ask you not to use a word that some people find offensive and you go ahead and do it anyway. I don't understand what the problem is. That you want to say it in mainchat? Why can't you greet each other like that in PMs if you really have a problem doing it any other way in mainchat?

Poki

Banned
Years
How 'bout we sum it up, and find the problem:

Said mod took it out of context, got butthurt for no apparent reason (Not sorry - it's true), and decided to take it out on me (Incesticide), and elfgt.

I don't know if he knows (and I honestly don't care), but this particular word has a lot of other meanings. And thanks to the Internet-inspired ''language'', more have been added. :)

I guess that I'll have to proofread my messages an extra 10 times from now on, just in case I offend someone.

But, yeah, if it was a regular, such behaviour would've been ignored. Don't worry, I've noticed.

I don't know how to put this, guys. I just... don't. This is pretty ♥♥♥♥ing ridiculous, if you ask me. >_>

Hey, Jin:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Actually, although ^ is a joke pic. ♥♥♥♥♥♥s are actually a type of food here, it also means cigarettes. Just thought id throw that out there.

As seen in the v old cigarette ad;

Spoiler:

edit:

[15:16] Incesticide: k il stahp elфгт
[15:16] Incesticide: :)
[15:17] +StarryWindy: what kind of African
[15:17] Incesticide: its african
[15:17] Incesticide: k?
[15:17] DukeOfDiscord: Hey Star!
[15:17] • +StarryWindy is confused
[15:17] +StarryWindy: oh hi
Gøkudєrα ϟ joined; Gøkudєrα ϟ left
[15:18] +YukiNagato: :<
Incesticide was locked from talking by Jin Of The Gale. (You're not allowed to say that word in any other language either.)
Incesticide's alts were also locked: Guest 1296
[15:19] Moogles4ever: ugh
[15:19] Moogles4ever: don't wanna go to classsssss
[15:19] +Dark Azelf: um
[15:19] +Dark Azelf: do you even know what that means
[15:19] @Jin Of The Gale: I googled, thanks.
[15:20] +Dark Azelf: thats funny because nothing comes up when you google it

Getting stupid now lol

Last edited:
Years
I'll just quote my post from the server staff forums.

Incesticide: фагот
Incesticide: :)
+Meaty Biscuit: fgt?
Incesticide: woah
Incesticide: don't use that
Incesticide: you're offensive
+Meaty Biscuit: i can cyrillic
Incesticide: shh
Incesticide: ;)
+Serrαh: STAMP ON THE GROUNDDD
+Gensokyo: wot
+Serrαh: jump jump jump, move it all around~~
+Serrαh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcVU5cGUNE dis
+Serrαh: gr8 dance song
Incesticide: фгтс
Incesticide: :)
Incesticide was locked from talking by Jin Of The Gale. (You're not allowed to say that word in any other language either.)
Incesticide's alts were also locked: Guest 1296

I looked up the meaning of those two words and got these results.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back