• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Yes, It is I!...Who am I? Well...I'm your conscience *DEAL WITH IT*
Annnyway lol

Everything is looking beautiful so far Toonie. You better update the first thread soon though, I'll have to do something dastardly if that doesn't happen.

I can't wait to see some new Sprites, especially the Gym Leaders Vs Sprites and the Trio you've got planned

Also, Yes, yes I do think Ironed Heart would be nice with some Animated sprites. I don't know if I've said this before :3

Thank you babe! n_n
I really appreciate the kind words, I really do. <3

... and you know you wouldn't hurt me. <3

Oh my. Animated Fakemon would be absolutely amazing. I haven't seen a ton of really good animated ones though. If you believe that this choice of action is completely feasible, then by all means I think you should do it. It'll be just one more treat atop this delicious game.

You have no idea how much I'm loving your comment.
Thank you so much! n_n

Update I

A good friend of mine on deviantART has joined the team as a Fakémon designer. He's Dawnight04 of deviantART and he's doing a damn good job of whipping up some designs for the game! GO LOVE HIM, NOW.

That's all for now, I'll update this post soon. :3

Last edited:

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
This looks like an interesting project, I really like what I'm seeing thus far, plus kudos for the original title, keep it up!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
This looks like an interesting project, I really like what I'm seeing thus far, plus kudos for the original title, keep it up!

Thanks, Blazing Flare! n_n
I appreciate the kind words, they do mean a lot to me~!

I have quite a few updates to share with you all but, I don't have the time. I'll post them as soon as possible

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
So excited for this game! I just realized I had never posted in here telling you how amazing all of your work is and the fact I hadn't subscribed to it yet. I can't wait for you to share your amazing artwork from dA on here. :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
So excited for this game! I just realized I had never posted in here telling you how amazing all of your work is and the fact I hadn't subscribed to it yet. I can't wait for you to share your amazing artwork from dA on here. :)

Oh, thank you Luke!

Please bear with me, guys. School is winding down to a close and I'm slammed with work AND make up work. I'm still working on the game, but, I have no important updates to show you all. However, I can leave you all with these~

newsilhouettes1.png

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Thanks, Psy!
That means a lot to me~

Minor update this time guys, the next one will probably be a major as I'm getting some things in place and prepared for the debut of many characters. As per usual, I'll be listing the things that have been implimented first and those to come will be listed last.

UPDATE

• Ben. is in the process of spriting the heroine and the rival's overworld!
• Dewitty has also kindly offered to sprite two of the starters. Keep an eye out, you know they're going to be awesome!
• The first two Gym Leaders have been fully evented and are ready to be battled!

Oh, and thanks to NikNaks, this game now has it's region map completed~!
Say hello to the Armonia region!

mapf.png

Now, here's a list of things to come.

• Custom Battle System ( I've been playing with mock-ups for a while; none seem to please me. And no, I'm not going with the Black/White battle system.)
• Unique Gyms and Gym Leaders ( Gym Leaders, for the most part, will stay in their Gyms. There are some where you may need to travel around to look for them. You will be rewarded for seeking them out, so, it won't be a waste.)
• Elite Four ( There is no room for the Elite Four anymore. These members are spread far and wide throughout the region. You must look for clues from the citizens and take in their type affinity. Some members are obvious, and will be in obvious locations. Others, not so much.)
• Fakémon Sprites

Electric and Grass Fakémon suggestions are going to be highly appreciated. I.. have none. :|

Thunda, Static Cat Pokémon.
I have a general idea sprite. You can add shading to it or whatever, but when I made it when I was like 10 and I had Crystal. In my opinion, it's pretty good-

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Looks VERY interesting!! A friend of mine created his game off a story similar to this, and I had a blast playing through it. What system are you using to create it? I cannot wait to see the demo!! :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
i am really excited on what it is to come!
want more updates miss! :D

Thanks, Hourglasshero~!!

I really appreciate the kind words and yes, updates are coming! I have a few in this reply, actually~

Thunda, Static Cat Pokémon.
I have a general idea sprite. You can add shading to it or whatever, but when I made it when I was like 10 and I had Crystal. In my opinion, it's pretty good-

Thanks, but, I don't need any more cats.
I already of one as the starter~ Thanks for the suggestion though!

Looks VERY interesting!! A friend of mine created his game off a story similar to this, and I had a blast playing through it. What system are you using to create it? I cannot wait to see the demo!! :)

I am using RPG Maker XP with Pokémon Essentials~
Now, let us commence with the updates!

Newlogo.png

As you've all noticed, we have a new logo!
It's based off the work of orohnpokemon, quite fancy, yes?

Update 1

Thanks to a good friend, all of the names of the towns and places have been fully updated to a point they make sense. Anrui Town is now Frostpeak Town, Glazei Town is now Primfield Village and so on..

Update 2

Let's all give a big thanks to WesleyFG for making the OWs of the female grunt! Here she is, in game. First actual encounter of Team Nemesis occurs in DenCreep Forest, which is pictured below.

dgf.png

More to come later~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I can see they're comedians haha. Well the screenshot looks great Viv, but I would recommend possibly adding a fog to make it seem more like a forest, due to the tiles being more geared towards general routes.

Your art always astounds me, and it's great to see you getting places on this! Good luck Viv, this is really starting to come together.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013

Thanks, Hourglasshero~!!

I really appreciate the kind words and yes, updates are coming! I have a few in this reply, actually~

Thanks, but, I don't need any more cats.
I already of one as the starter~ Thanks for the suggestion though!

I am using RPG Maker XP with Pokémon Essentials~
Now, let us commence with the updates!

Newlogo.png

As you've all noticed, we have a new logo!
It's based off the work of orohnpokemon, quite fancy, yes?

Update 1

Thanks to a good friend, all of the names of the towns and places have been fully updated to a point they make sense. Anrui Town is now Frostpeak Town, Glazei Town is now Primfield Village and so on..

Update 2

Let's all give a big thanks to WesleyFG for making the OWs of the female grunt! Here she is, in game. First actual encounter of Team Nemesis occurs in DenCreep Forest, which is pictured below.

dgf.png

More to come later~

I have another, Fighting(Dark?)Type-
Eiyfist, fist pokemon ( i have evolutions if you want them)

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I can see they're comedians haha. Well the screenshot looks great Viv, but I would recommend possibly adding a fog to make it seem more like a forest, due to the tiles being more geared towards general routes.

Your art always astounds me, and it's great to see you getting places on this! Good luck Viv, this is really starting to come together.

Yuppers. :D

Unlike their brethren Grunts in the other regions, these Grunts like to have fun. They'd rather goof off than do actual Grunt work... when their superiors aren't around. When alone with the player, the Grunts joke around and don't often pose a threat. They're more of a friendly battler than a true villains... until an Executive comes around.

However, regarding the fog for the forest, it's there. I haven't posted and updated screenie of the forest, but, I upped the opacity of it. It wasn't really visible, as I can now see.

I have another, Fighting(Dark?)Type-
Eiyfist, fist pokemon ( i have evolutions if you want them)

Well, the design itself isn't really... plausible.
I do appreciate your contributions, so, thank you. Just try and make the more... "Pokémon-y."

UPDATE - December 9th, 2011

Sorry, guys.

I've been talking with Abnegation for the past few days, and he said I would get better feedback if I posted more than one screenie instead of giving a wall of text and one measly screenshot. So, from now on.. I'll be posting at least THREE screenshots per update, regardless of the importance. As an added bonus, I'll be adding some of the "official" art of some of the Fakémon within the game. I know it'll please some of you~

However, I've been working on some new stuff! I do have quite a few things to show off this update. With Abnegation's advce, I have remapped and evented the starter town, Frostpeak. I am very proud of this map, mainly because it was my first -good- one!

= Ignore the obvious tile or any grammatical errors you may find. It's late, and I am going to fix them once I get some rest. =

Frostpeak Town
Beginning your adventure, chatting with some locals,meeting your rival and the Pokémon Research Facility.

iaza16869169046800.png

That's all for now, I hope you guys enjoy!
n_n

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I like that you put the Town Name in the middle of the screen, rather than the side. It looks nicer that way. :3

You say that you're going to post at least 3 from now on...right? If you post 3, try to make them vary a bit more, because right now they all seem to be having the same elements: same text box, same tileset, same overworlds we've already seen before. There isn't really anything separating them from one another.

They're nice screenshots, but having all 7 is a bit much. I'd take out 5 of them and just have two, or even just one. They're all too similar to each other, for my taste.

Idk. I tried to explain what I meant without sounded rude, I'm not sure how well that showed. The game is looking good, though! I can't wait for another update!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I like that you put the Town Name in the middle of the screen, rather than the side. It looks nicer that way. :3

You say that you're going to post at least 3 from now on...right? If you post 3, try to make them vary a bit more, because right now they all seem to be having the same elements: same text box, same tileset, same overworlds we've already seen before. There isn't really anything separating them from one another.

They're nice screenshots, but having all 7 is a bit much. I'd take out 5 of them and just have two, or even just one. They're all too similar to each other, for my taste.

Idk. I tried to explain what I meant without sounded rude, I'm not sure how well that showed. The game is looking good, though! I can't wait for another update!

Thank you! n_n

Yes, I am going to try and get three decent screenshots per update. I've taken your advice and removed four of the screen screenshots. I may change the overworlds once I learn how or get an OW artist. I'm just getting the basic grip of "detailed" mapping, many thanks to Abnegation. Hopefully, the maps won't be as stale or bland as they previously were.

Once again, many thanks for the comment. <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023

In all honesty, this is more progress in relation to screenshots we've seen. Have you realised that this thread was posted in the Beginner's Showcase?

I actually dislike when people post one screenshot for each area, how does this show progress? This shows that you made a screenshot. But when you post several screenshots from the same area it shows that you've worked on that area and that this place is progressing. You don't see progression when you see one screenshot from one area, all the time. This might show that you've inserted some tiles, made some new maps, but does it show that you've actually made progress on the playability of the game? Not usually.

Unsimilarities in an update is usually tied to inconsistency.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
Years
Everything's great, 'cept for the starters. The fire thing looks like what a Fire-type Dewott/Oshawott mutation would look like, IMO. The grass one looks like a green Zorua with funny outlines. The third one is still awesome and I have nothing else to say about that.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Everything's great, 'cept for the starters. The fire thing looks like what a Fire-type Dewott/Oshawott mutation would look like, IMO. The grass one looks like a green Zorua with funny outlines. The third one is still awesome and I have nothing else to say about that.

Well, thank you.

You're entitled to your own opinion, as I am mine. I guess I get... defensive when my starters to compared to other official Pokémon. Anyways, yes, their are some similarities, but, I can assure you, they're coincidental; all three of them were designed before the new starters for Black and White were revealed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
I can see how Lavapho looks like a spliced orange Oshawott/Dewott. Nothing wrong with that at all. They're neat pokemon and yours is equally cool. They just have similar features. Specifucally, Lavapho looks to have Oshawott's size and shape with some of Dewott's face, that's all.

In the end, it's still your creation and you'll see it how you see it. Others who play your game will see it how they'll see it. Yours are original and are excellent in their own way and no one is accusing you of unoriginality. :D Keep up the great work, Ęℓαчиıı.

Back