• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
A while ago I restarted my FireRed game and I'm currently up to Lt. Surge. (yes, I'm very slow when it comes to Pokemon games)

My curent team is:

Ivysaur | Lv.29
Spr_3f_002.png

- Razor Leaf
- Tackle
- Sleep Powder
- PoisonPowder

Kadabra | Lv.30
Spr_3f_064.png

- Psybeam
- Confusion
- Recover
- Teleport

Yeah, I know... only two Pokemon. I'm only planning on catch four for my actual team and two HM Slaves.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
I just had the most annoying battle ever in Emerald. Versus Tate & Liza. OF COURSE.

The battle went something like this:

Zero sent out Pelipper and Gardevoir!
Leaders Tate & Liza sent out Xatu and Claydol!
*Xatu Calm Minds, Gardevoir Light Screens, Pelipper Blizzards only to miss BOTH opponents, Claydol Earthquakes*

After like 5 minutes I had FINALLY killed both of those pokemon. Then there was Lunatone and Solrock. I had to stall those pokes for about 15 minutes. With god damn SUNNY DAY + CALM MIND ruining my Pelipper's Surf, I basically had to do this repeatedly:

Light Screen, Calm Mind, Revive, Hyper Potion, Attack, Light Screen, Revive, Hyper Potion, Attack..

you get the point. I made sure NOT to drop my DS when I eventually finished the battle. I saved as soon as they finished talking.

FINALLY I can go on in Emerald. Seriously, those two kids (how old are they really? they look like small kids) are so damn annoying with their overleveled pokes (does GameFreak really expect you to level up 7 times for each of your pokes on that short trip across the sea? noobs -_-)

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Hmm. Well after discovering EV's, IV's and the wonders of breeding, I found my emerald I got for my birthday forever ago, and realized I hadn't finished it. So I restarted and as of now have:

Grovyle, Lvl 29
Kadabra, Lvl 27
Manectric, Lvl 26
Machop, Lvl 21
Numel, Lvl 18

Currently on the route near Fallabor, the ashy one. I plan to have these (fully evolved) Pokes on my final team, plus a Starmie. And I'm going to breed them all to death :D

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
I have a good one. This started last night, and just ended. So, i'm doing Hoenn Solo Run, and I'm using Taillow/Swellow. It's been pretty easy, Roxanne and Brawly didn't even put up a fight. Then, I get to Mauville. Wattson was the hardest battle I have ever had. Not only was it a type disadvantage, but every move I had was either Normal or Flying. He just kept taking me down with Shock Wave from his Magneton. I arrived in Mauville a Level 28. I am now a Level 42. The only way I even won, was I had 4 HP left, and used Quick Attack. I was confused and paralyzed, but it beat both of those, and I got a critical hit. Most insane battle I have ever been in.

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Yesterday I went about training a new team of low-leveled Pokemon I had caught on the Sevi Isles/Hatched (Wynaut, Jolteon, Natu, Larvitar, Misdrevus, & my Veteran Haunter) and I was on Route 1... and Raikou friggen appeared. O_o; I totally wasn't expecting it and sadly had Jolteon out instead of Wynaut (not that this team would've stood a chance, given their levels), and it happened AGAIN on Route 6! Again with Jolteon in the lead!

I have determination renewed to catch the Beast, and even if I missed it twice... it made for a nice surprise in yesterday's piece of adventure. ^^

@rockshock: Y-you level grinded nearly 14 levels just to beat Watson?! I mean, yeah, it was a solo run, but... wow. o_o;

rhydonphan

Ground-type Pokemon master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2010
In Ruby I ran out of pokeballs while fishing in Sootopolis city (on the right hand side), and Gamefreak decided to split Sootopolis in half so the only way across to the other side of the city where my ultra balls awaited mein the pokemart, was to surf. well while surfing guess what I encountered... a friggin gold magikarp at lv 30, but guess who couldnt catch it because somebody had a stupid idea to saw a city in half and fill it with water... me.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
Years
Being syked for HG SS, i restarted my Leaf green to get some cool pokemon to import. on my last file, i was screwed, cause i was literally trapped in Cerulean. couldn't go to Mt. Moon, can't see bill, cause the rival is 10 times stronger and so is misty. and to top it off, i had a weak yet diverse team. a level 5 manky,weddle, and Pikachu. a level 8 medapod and my squirtle was level 16, but that was no use.

my new file, i just got lazy, yet trained hard. i dodge trainers alot, but on my new save, with a level 16 Bulbasaur, i am determined to be at level 20 by the time i reach brock. its hard though, cause i don't want to raise these other weaklings, so i just roll with bulbasaur, but i still didn't reach my goal, cause I'm in Mt. Moon. oh and my bulbasaur is awesome cause i named him Mr. Bulb.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
Ok, so I recently started a new Emerald game. This is my first time in two years playing Emerald for real without Monotype Challenging...how pathetic...

I just started the game, so I just got my Mudkip, which I named Skipper.

-On my way to Petalburg, I happened to catch a male Ralts. =)
-Caught a male LVL. 6 Taillow in Petalburg Woods
-Got out of Petalburg Forest, went to Ruatboro
-Beat Roxanne with Skipper
-Anihilated May's Pokemon a second time
-Went to Dewford, delivered letter
-Beat Brawly easily with my beastly Ralts and Taillow
-Mudkip happened to evolve into Marshtomp after destroying Brawly
-Went to Slateport, delivered Devon Goods to Capt. Stern
-Beat the first Trick House puzzle
-Beat May a THIRD time with my awesome team
-May GENEROUSLY gave me the Itemfinder
-Caught a male Electrike (Sparky)

I wonder when Ralts is going to evolve...
emespr259.png
Skipper (Marshtomp) LVL.18
-Tackle
-Bide
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun
emespr280.png
Ralts LVL.17
-Confusio8
-Growl
-Double Team
-Teleport
emespr276.png
Taillow LVL.20
-Wing Attack
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack
-Quick Attack
emespr290.png
Nincada LVL.6
-Scratch
-Flash
-Leech Life
-Cut
emespr309.png
Sparky (Electrike) LVL.13
-Tackle
-Thunder Wave
-Leer
-Howl

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
I'm playing my friends' Leaf Green version atm. I'm currently just outside Fuscia City having departed from Lavender Town. [Wow this route is sooo long]

Current Team:

Hitmonchan - Lvl. 28
Vaporeon- Lvl. 33
Weepinbell- Lvl. 33
Butterfree- Lvl. 34
Charmeleon- Lvl. 34.
Pikachu- Lvl. 33.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
Ok, since my old Emerald save was corrupt, I had to start a new game, unfortunately. =(

-Started game
-Picked Torchic
-Beat May (#1)
-Got Pokedex, Pokeballs, and Running Shoes
-Caught a Ralts

emespr255.png
Torchic LVL. 11
-Scratch
-Growl
-Focus Energy
-Ember

emespr280.png
Ralts LVL. 9
-Confusion
-Growl

Last edited:

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
LeafGreen:

Just beat Koga, all my pokémon are currently in the Lvl. 36 to Lvl. 40 region. Wow he is really easy to beat in the remake, I totally overprepared :L

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
Emerald

-Evolved Torchic to beat Roxanne
-Caught a Taillow to level up later when I get the Exp. Share
-Beat Roxanne
-Saved the Devon Goods and Peeko
-At Dewford now

emespr256.png
Combusken | Lvl. 19
-Scratch
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

emespr280.png
Ralts | Lvl. 11
-Confusion
-Growl
-Double Team

emespr276.png
Taillow | Lvl. 7
-Peck
-Growl
-Focus Energy

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Since my last update I've; defeated Surge, made it through Rock Tunnel, caught the third member of my team, defeated Erika, defeated Giovanni in Celadon City, and saved Mr. Fuji. Next I'll be catching both of the Snorlax and then heading down Bicycle Road to Fuchsia City.

My curent team is:

Venusaur | Lv.37
Spr_3f_003.png

- Razor Leaf
- Tackle
- Sleep Powder
- PoisonPowder

Kadabra | Lv.38
Spr_3f_064.png

- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Shock Wave
- Recover

Growlithe | Lv.33
Spr_3f_058.png

- Flame Wheel
- Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Take Down

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
FireRed

Playing Firered:
I never level up any pokemon except the one I start with. Now im stuck. Im at the elite 4 with my Charizard level 66. using items and Charizards boss attack Flamethrower, I took out the Elite 4. I totally forgot about having to beat your rival at the end. i cant beat his team. i take out pidgeotto with no problem, struggle with blastoise, and beat eggugetor, and then im stuck on alakazam. i think ill just lose and go explore.

ShadowSalamence

Fan of the Dragon Pokemon
Years
In FireRed, I am leveling up my team and soft reseting for a Porygon with good IVs.
I have already caught all of the legends and transferred them to my Platinum game.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Firered:

Im at just after the battle with Gary in Cerulean City and im working my way to get a nugget. My current team:
pkfrlg012.png
Level 18:
Confusion
Sleep Powder
Poisonpowder
Supersonic
pkfrlg005.png
Level 18
pkfrlg017.png
Level 18
pkfrlg056.png
Level 18

The rest are HM slaves :)

Years
Hey this is my first post on the forum! I'm playing FireRed, and starting in Kanto, I chose Squirtle as my starter!

My Team:
Squirte Lvl. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back