• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unapproved challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Natnew, this sounds like you want it to be a Christmas event of some kind, but I really don't like it, to be blunt. The due date is too short (we're 10 days from Christmas) and the list of Pokemon is beyond too short. RSE is completely excluded, unless someone is able to hack or trade, for example. Plus, since it's not like old Christmas events, it would still be up throughout the year and it'd be kind of strange for people to play a Christmas challenge in February or June.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ShadowGreninja (Master Challenge), I don't like the idea of having users rely on you to assign them Pokemon, especially since you're new and I don't know how active you'll be to give out teams. Besides, we already have a Random Challenge. You also must participate in what you post.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
fisch760, there currently isn't a Scramble Challenge up for you to sign up in, but you're free to ask someone in CI&D for a team to use.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
axlefoley, We have a Wonder Trade Challenge with Locke rules as an option.

Chippy2000, I fail to see the point. Sorry. If you really like yellow and brown, just do a Monocolor Challenge with one of those colors. Problem solved! (PS: You can even use Zapdos in that one.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ketzly, this sounds way too similar to the Monocolor Challenge, which we already have a thread for.

hugnut17, you would be looking for a Solo Challenge, which we have already.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Lowvyr, I don't really understand this challenge. It's basically a random challenge where you get one of your team members from your first team in a region? That's the vibe I'm getting from it. I think a challenge where you have to use their first team (and even the movesets they had, if people remember them) would be interesting, but the way this one is set up makes it seem more like a random challenge. If I've misunderstood, feel free to contact me.

CorEevee, unfortunately, looking for a challenge partner doesn't merit its own thread. You're more than welcome to look for a partner in CI&D or make a full thread where other players can join in with their own group progress.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
rliberto2, this is one of the better Nuzlocke variants I've seen, and I would approve it, but the way you have it set up seems more like you're asking for advice on it instead of having it open for more than just yourself to try. If you'd like, just message me and we can get that sorted out. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
rant62, this isn't the place to post your LP. We have a Nuzlocke thread you're welcome to sign up with and update in, and there's also an LP subforum in Video Gaming. Check it out!

Barvix, you must participate in the challenges you sign up for.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Zorogami, this is GREAT and I love it and want to approve it SO BADLY, but you don't have yourself listed as a challenger. :( Let me know if you meant to include your sign up and it will be approved asap!

GreenMachien, this is just my challenge, but as an ultimate run. The Favorite Challenge we already have is meant for the latest generation of Pokemon, and I understand what you're going for here, but I don't think this is necessary. It's the same thing as mine, just including all generations and one will take away from the other in some regards. Having this up would be redundant.

Koala, this is another idea I really like, but you do need to participate in it if you want it to be approved. Let me know if you wanna!

Takumi., leagues like this usually go in Battle Center. Contact awolffromspace to see if you could do it there instead. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RoreyG, this looks great, but you don't have your sign up listed. If you send me a message and let me know you're playing as well, I'll approve it!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Txgamer47, people already log their challenge progress in the respective threads here, or blogs.

SupernovaTyphlosion, you must participate in the challenges you submit. Also, since this is a Locke variant (and one that I would actually approve), why don't you have locke rules listed? If you meant for this to be a challenge where you only use gift Pokemon without locke rules (releasing after fainting), then it doesn't need "locke" as a suffix. Anyway though, if you meant to add your sign up and forgot, just let me know and I'll approve it and you can add it in then.

Lord Helix, even though there's novelty in this, we already have a Nuzlocke thread, so it would be redundant to approve of this. We still worship you though, Helix Almighty.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Puddle, silly kitten. I care about the list of participants, especially since you forgot your sign up! You know the drill. :P Message me if you meant to sign up. Also, since you don't necessarily have to breed the parent Pokemon, why does it have to be the opposite gender? If you had to breed them for the kid, then I'd understand, but since you don't...yeah. Just a thought, but not really a big deal.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ShadowGreninja, while I'm fine with you reviving these challenges, you can't just copy and paste the originals word for word. Rewrite it to your own standards rather than plagiarizing Orianna, please.

OddStodd, I really dislike the idea of people being required to post pictures. You'll find this challenge community is quite trustworthy, and if you ever do run into a problem, you're free to contact me. I've never had such a case happen in three years since this section has been up, though. Also, you must sign up for your own challenges. If you meant to sign up, just shoot me a message and let me know, however you must be willing to remove the requirement for pictures. Requiring videos is against the rules, and I feel that pictures should fall into this umbrella as well. Some people post pictures anyway, of course. It can be encouraged, but not required.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
BlueStone, I've got some majors issues with this one. Even though cards are used to determine Pokemon rather than a random Pokemon generator, it's really close to a Random Challenge, if not the same thing, just for XY only and in the post-game with some...odd restrictions. I can get past Pokeballs only. I understand no Repels. But no...Flying? That doesn't really add challenge, it just adds unnecessary tediousness. Plus, you really limit this by making yourself the only one that can assign teams. Why can't others? It works in Random and Favorite. Why not here? Overall though, I feel this is basically just a Random Challenge with some add ons and I don't really feel like it needs its own thread. Plus, Deck of Cards Challenge makes me think the challenge would be based off playing cards (hearts, cloves, diamonds, spades) which would be pretty awesome...so that was pretty misleading. :(

alvmonster, similar to the above situation, I feel that this challenge too closely resembles the Nuzlocke. I don't have as much to say about this one though.

it is 1 am goodnight folks

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
shadow_pokemon559, why is this called the Phoenix Challenge? This is typically called a Monospecies run. What does it have to do with a phoenix? Anyway, you have to participate in your own challenges as well.

Fusionthefox, you must participate in your challenges. If you're looking for opinions, you're free to PM me or ask in the CI&D thread.

alvmonster, if there was a little more restriction for each card, then I'd probably let it through, but right now, it's like a limited Random Challenge. Like maybe have restrictions based on the card number? Like 2 has to have 2 support moves, 3 must stay at least 3 levels ahead of the second highest level party member, 5 must have a multi-hit move, etc. If you want to mull over some ideas, you're free to bring it up in CI&D or PM me. Could even stop by #swablunest since I'll be there pretty much all day. Swablu should be a queen, not a king silly. ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
LetsPlayALoveGame, I'm really not a fan of Nuzlocke variants, especially when they don't differ from the rules all too much. Plus, you must participate in what you submit. Doing it prior doesn't count, I'm afraid.

legendhunter14, this looks good, but you need to participate. :( Shoot me a message if you just forgot your sign up or something.

ShadowGreninja, the point system is really a lot to remember...you'd need the thread up at all times to make sure you're doing your points correctly. It's just a bit too tedious. Also, that red font...please don't use that. @_@ I'm having a hard time reading this.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
jackisawesome3, your Pokemon probably is the only one able to learn an HM that you need and it won't let you release it because of that. Just box it instead until you get something else that can learn the HM, then you can release it. Also, when you have a question about the game (since this isn't a Nuzlocke specific question, actually), please use the appropriate Q&A thread. In this case, you would use the one in Advance Generation.

Nikushimi, try asking in CI&D. Plenty of regulars in this section would love to help you out.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DarkSerenity, this is just a beefed up monotype, and I'm sure you could just add these in as your own rules without interfering with the main thread's rules. I'm sure Sage Ghetsis wouldn't mind at all. One thing though, I really like the idea of basing things on age group. You should take that and run with another idea. I think that could make for something interesting.

gio7sm, this is a fantastic and creative idea, but you didn't list yourself as a challenger so I can't approve it. :( Just message me if you forgot to and you'll be all set!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DerpyTheOshawott, I don't see the challenge in this aside from the point system.

ThePokeViewer, you can't advertise your channel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back