• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black and Blue

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
This is absolutely ridiculous PETA is just used to try and get Publicity for themselves they don't really solve any problems and haven't in awhile all they do is make false accusations towards major companies PERIOD.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
Pokémon Black and Blue. lol.

Peta. lol.

Spoiler:
lol.

If I were to become a vegan, Peta would definitely not be a source of my motivation to be one. I just laugh at it all and don't let them bring my faith in humanity down. :)

remember kids: don't feed the trolls.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Spoiler:

Yeesh.

PETA's normal stupidity aside, I find it funny that pokemon black and pokemon blue are both real games.

Also I don't know how to resize images.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Between this, the Detroit story, and that ad Luck Hax posted, enough is enough. PETA is a useless organization that siphons attention away from any animal rights groups that might actually do something, and instead sits idly saying "don't eat Bambi" and occasionally wasting money and time on games like this. They ought to be dismantled, or at least fall by the wayside, so that another organization that will (hopefully) actually do something remotely useful is able to replace them.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
This is the A Grade rhetoric. To be able to convince someone upon an idea or otherwise, hit them in the emotions. I dont think that a game where you fight WITH Pokemon or use them as a PARTNER will encourage animal abuse in any form. PETA is using the most outdated argument against video-games since they were made. 'If my son plays GTA/COD/BattleField, he will obviously become a mass murdering serial killer wielding a gun'. That means that if I play the Pheonix games, that should pass as enough for a law degree right? Same argument, just a different game resulting in different product.

PETA, in this game, also features videos where animals are killed. This is to bring in the inner vegan of yours where you think that all people who eat meat are murderers. Most evolutionists popularized one idea, Survival of the Fittest. We kill to survive, there is no way around it, and it doesn't make it any better to sugar-coat it. We kill to live, we are humans. It's not a bad thing if we want to preserve our race. Salad and Tofu accompanied with different breed of fish simply do not provide the protein needed for the human body.

And on the off-note, it is not like we are leading a race to extinction. ONE sow can give birth to 20 pigglets. Let that sink in for a moment, no race of animals which we eat are nearing extincion. Not cow, not pig, not rabbit, not kangaroo, not even crocodiles. Even in the absolutely absurd scenario that animals are pushed to extinction, animal extinction societies do exist.

To conclude this slightly angry, and hopefully none offensive writing, I think that no video-game will ever push one to the point where the person is actually going to commit the intented action of the game.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
PeTA is a joke. Followers of PeTA are about as intelligent as those who followed their leader to Jonestown. Perhaps the world would be a less stupid place if they actually went out like Jonestown. . .

I do not like PeTA. Do not fault me for being aggressive towards them.

Racket

The TCG Professor
Years
The only problem I have with PETA is that they act irrationally.

But about Black and Blue, I think this theory kind of represents why it's flawed for this fictional universe. People fight with Pokemon for sport (the same way people spar for sport). Pokemon are aware of what they're doing, and are aware of what their trainers want and they have the freedom of choice. The difference between animals and Pokemon is that they are self-aware. It's more like having a team of martial artists and a coach, then having a bunch of dogs that are forced to fight to the death.

Reactions: Tek

Tek

Years
I played a bit of this game yesterday. I find it amazing that they knew the names of characters, the Unova region, the moves the Pokémon use... Yet they missed the core message of the B/W games, which is not only that Pokémon are our friends and companions rather than our tools, but also that people and Pokémon need each other.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Pokémon Black and Blue. lol.

Peta. lol.

Spoiler:
lol.

If I were to become a vegan, Peta would definitely not be a source of my motivation to be one. I just laugh at it all and don't let them bring my faith in humanity down. :)

remember kids: don't feed the trolls.

That ad is probably the thing that has made me the most mad in quite a while. That's even worse that the vaccine-causes-autism stuff! I am now quite angry. When I posted the game link, I thought it was just silly. But this is it!

Also, back to the Pokémon game, what's the deal with Ash's clothes? He looks like some sort of twisted ringmaster! He's not making the Pokémon do tricks!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
The whole thing with autism ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is just ridiculous. Thankfully most people don't take PETA too seriously, but sadly there are other organizations that spread just as toxic ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and people DO listen to them. :(

Back