• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creepiest Ever Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've always found Abra line to be pretty freaky. In PokéDex entry of FireRed (or was it LeafGreen?), it states something along the lines of, when kids with certain condition fall asleep, they find themselves to be transformed into Kadabra after waking up. This makes me believe Abra are also similar; at one point, they were likely human babies. Same applies to Alakazam, but only difference is they're fully-grown adults.

Drowzee is also creepy. It's said to devour dreams of children (doesn't touch adult dream, as they, apparently, don't taste as good), and when they do, their dreams get replaced with nothing but nightmares. For kids in Pokémon world--especially those who reside in Kanto, since this is where Drowzee seems to be native to, for most part--I could imagine sleeping to be quite a tough task. If we ever ask ourselves as to why children can't be found in this region, their parents being concerned and heading off to some other place would probably be the best explanation, I feel.

Another Pokémon is Gorebyss. Although it's... gorgeous in terms of appearance, it instantly proceeds to put its mouth onto prey and suck blood out whenever it manages to find one. One reason to be afraid of going out for swimming in Hoenn!

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Spoiler:

That picture must be taken off the internet for ever and every file deleted until there is not a single part of that image left to see. I was going to say that Mr. Mime was pretty freaky looking, but that picture though. I can never trust spoiler windows again lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
Mr. Mime all the way, though I like it. However, espurr doesn't get behind, that look on its face is just too much.

tumblr_mwy2mgbssZ1t47noho1_400.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Espurr (and its evos) are indeed creepy. Unfortunately we don't go by the "1 pic says more than 1000 words" on PokéCommunity, so please try to flesh out your posts with words as well or it might be considered spam ;)

And @Ashley... I never thought about Gorebyss but agsjfkaöhdks that makes it as creepy as the bats or worse O.o

Years
Another Pokémon is Gorebyss. Although it's... gorgeous in terms of appearance, it instantly proceeds to put its mouth onto prey and suck blood out whenever it manages to find one. One reason to be afraid of going out for swimming in Hoenn!

That's not creepy, that's normal. Pokemon have to eat something to survive, and not everyone must like berries.

Magica

Miss Magic
Years
Most ghost Pokemon are very creepy. Banette especially, considering it's a doll come to life seeking the child who disowned to do who knows what to them.
The Junji Ito art just makes it all the more sinister.
Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Right off the bat, it's Carnivine and Cofagrigus because of the faces (mainly). An obscure one is Mr. Mime because of its X/Y animation.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'd have to say Kyurem. Especially due to it's PokeDex entry. It ate People. That seemed a little too much for a Pokemon Game. I'd never want to live in unova after learning that.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'd have to say Kyurem. Especially due to it's PokeDex entry. It ate People. That seemed a little too much for a Pokemon Game. I'd never want to live in unova after learning that.

Aw but it's just lonely. Look at that adorable face:

Kyurem_XY.gif

shut up I know I'm weird

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
Years
I always thought Hypno is creepy, especially because, if I remember correctly, in one of its Pokedex entrances, it apparently likes to kidnap little kids? I think?

Ewwww. ;_;

Years
I dunno man, there's quite a lot of Pokémon whose Pokédex entries are creepy as hell, and a lot of them are mentioned already.

I'd like to add Darkrai to the list. He chases people and pokémon out of their territories by putting them to deep sleep and letting them experience nightmares...as someone who frequently experiences nightmares, let me tell you that I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies.

And lets not forget Yveltal, that's one pokémon you'll hope never to anger. Ever.
"When this legendary Pokémon's wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures." This pokémon is one of the reason why I consider the plot in X/Y really, really dark.

Pokémon has a pretty dark side to it if you think of it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 11, 2022
For me , it's Hypno
I'm a child.A CHILD.And it's sounds like a creepy legend in my country about a man who takes bad kids away

2MooglesGaming

PokeMoogles
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 20, 2015
I've always found Abra line to be pretty freaky. In PokéDex entry of FireRed (or was it LeafGreen?), it states something along the lines of, when kids with certain condition fall asleep, they find themselves to be transformed into Kadabra after waking up.

Kadabra has always been my pick for scariest Pokemon. The fact that it's a middle evolution makes it extra freaky. IMO the creepy Gen 1 pokedex entries are the creepiest because they hint at the creepy stuff, compared to later ones which are more blunt with the whole "eating babies" style craziness.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I want to say something about Hypno...

I personally don't find it all that creepy. The only Pokédex entry about it taking a child is its FireRed entry. There is no mention of pedophilia. I also find that to be a silly exaggeration since Hypno's all about hypnosis and not kidnapping. :P

Want to know a Pokémon that does creepy things to children? Duskull. It loves to scare bad children, making them cry and even spirit them away. Well, the HGSS entry make the whole spiriting children away ambiguous, but if Duskull likes to make bad children cry, then it's pretty clear that Duskull does spirit bad children away.

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
Years
Wow! At a quick glance some of the most popular entries are Mr Mime, Hypno and the likes of Kadabra and Drifloon a little behind!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Paras used to be my favorite until I found that it evolves into Parasect. And the worst thing about Parasect is the background behind it. The mushroom on the back gets overgrown to the point that it controls and extracts from the host.....it also says that if there's nothing left to extract it will put spores onto its own eggs.

Years
Mr.Mime is the clear winner for me personally. As a kid I watched the original series and play the Red when I was allowed to by my older siblings. The way he would move in the anime and his face...just made me very uncomfortable as a kid. I remember not being able to sleep sometimes at night, imaging Mr.Mime standing the corner of my room looking over me as I tried to sleep....Yikes!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I want to say something about Hypno...

I personally don't find it all that creepy. The only Pokédex entry about it taking a child is its FireRed entry. There is no mention of pedophilia. I also find that to be a silly exaggeration since Hypno's all about hypnosis and not kidnapping. :P

Want to know a Pokémon that does creepy things to children? Duskull. It loves to scare bad children, making them cry and even spirit them away. Well, the HGSS entry make the whole spiriting children away ambiguous, but if Duskull likes to make bad children cry, then it's pretty clear that Duskull does spirit bad children away.

Uh... In FireRed a minor character named Lostelle gets kidnapped by a Hypno. You can either capture it or make it faint when it attacks you after you find Lostelle in Berry Forest, and she's quite scared of the thing.

As for scary Pokedex entries why isn't Giratina mentioned? A Pokemon banished to another dimension because it's just too violent? Also appears around graveyards? There's also Gourgeist, who likes to hear people suffer and curses people with its song. It's a cute little bugger though so I dunno if it counts as the creepiest Pokemon ever. For me though the one Pokemon that just creeps me out the most... is Diggersby. What IS that thing?! Same thing with Barbaracle and its preevolution.

Back