• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Pokemon trainer would you be?

Years
If you lived in the Pokeverse what would your goal as a trainer be? To catch them all or as many as you could? To catch ones to use in fashion contests? Just try to get powerful pokemon to battle with? Or something else? And how tough would you be on them when training?

For me I would try to get the strongest ones. Though I would be nice and caring I would be tough on them, not as easy as Ash but not as tough as some like Gary initially.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2023
Catch only my fav Pokémon and go to the Pokémon League with any badge just for kidding.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'll be honest I'd probably just have them as pets and nothing more. To actually be a Pokemon trainer in the real world, to travel, to lead a team, and to face people would mean you'd have to be someone that has strong leadership skills, confident, outgoing, or maybe just something who is more of an a type personality. I just know I'm not really that kind of person and on top of that I can be extremely hard on myself. So I feel like being a trainer would just cause me a lot of stress and anxiety. I'm good at just being caring and nice so having lots of Pokemon pets would be ideal for myself and them. I'd maybe want to study them too so something like a professor or scientist would be good.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
I would probably have one Pokémon that I'd keep as a loyal pet. Something like a Growlithe. I wouldn't want to have a lot of Pokémon and I wouldn't be interested in battling.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
I would try to take a load of little unevolved Pokemon and win the Pokemon League as a underdog.

Years
I've always figured that if I were a Pokemon trainer, I wouldn't necessarily try to earn all the gym badges, beat the Elite Four, etc., but I'd keep two or three Pokemon that I'd occasionally battle with. If there was a local gym, I might try and get the badge, but I'd prefer to keep Pokemon more like pets than I would as battling companions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I would probably be a scientist of some kind. Possibly researching what gives pokémon their elemental powers, or power to evolve! But I would certainly have some pokémon as pets and might battle in my free-time. I'd have a Sneasel and an Octillery for sure, and possibly an Elekid and Cryogonal and Flareon :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd likely be one of those computer nerds (I can't exactly put my finger on their trainer class at the moment, unfortunately) that work with certain Pokémon—Porygon and Voltorb, for example—to develop new applications, software, web-designs, and other form virtual technological things. They tend to intrigue me quite a lot, and definitely wouldn't mind doing such work for a living in Pokémon world (or real one, for that matter). Alongside, being a regular trainer wouldn't be so bad, either; I'd likely enjoy travelling from place to place, collecting gym badges, defeating Elite Four members, and so forth.

Years
  • Age 28
  • US
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Being a trainer seems exciting but at the same time exhausting, like Virgo said. I'd probably go with breeding or just caring for Pokemon. I'd still try to travel though, since the Pokemon world is pretty amazing. Maybe tag along with trainers like in the show?

Nyro

The Bug Master
Years
My goal would be to become the worlds best Bug Pokemon trainer. I would be determined but not overly tough on my Pokemon.

Years
I think I'd like to be a researcher of some sort, most likely along the lines of fossils as that's something that's always intrigued me about Pokémon :) I'd still have a full team of Pokémon and battle and do contests when I wasn't working though (basically I want to do it all lol) xD

Years
I'd treat them like best friends. Except I'd train them a bit harder than other trainers would.

I'd catch my favourites and get the badges, league champion etc.

Screw contests, not doing them.

Charizerd

Pokemon Master
Years
Honestly, I wouldn't be all that different than Ash is in the anime, other than a couple differences. If I was in the pokemon world I would love to catch my favorite pokemon and go on a journey with friends while traveling throughout the regions. Also, I would of course train my pokemon hard, but at the same time treat them with love and care as you would any close friend or member of your family. Either that, or be a pokemon ranger. If I had to choose an actual "job" to do as a career or something, being a pokemon ranger would be pretty cool.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
Hmm honestly I think I would just catch all of my favorites, train them to be exceptional fighters and love them while competing with friends and meeting new people. My team and I would try to reach our way to the Elite 4 and beat the Champ if we could. If we did beat the Champ then we'd just battle other trainers for fun but we'd always stay sharp with our moves. When we get tired of that though my Pokemon would become more 'pet' like.
I don't ever want to give up the travel aspect though to different regions to meet and battle more trainers or just for fun. Traveling in the Pokemon games is my second favorite thing.

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
I'd catch 6 of my favorite Pokémon. (Ludicolo, Lucario, Weavile, Chatot, Golurk, And Gardevoir most likely. I'd obviously not start with their final evolutions.) I'd be a performer, self promoting, and my Pokémon would be a part of my shows. I'd script them and make small scale sets and costumes that could be transported easily. As I travel from town to town I'd challenge a contest or gym for fun, experience, and advertising.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd use my Pokemon as tools for making money, intimidating adversaries, and crushing all opposition. They would serve me as master as I launch my campaign to conquer the planet.

I would not be especially abusive or neglectful toward any of them (tools must be properly maintained in order to achieve peak performance levels, after all), but I would be quick to release any that fail me or do not live up to my expectations.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I would capture a team of only the strongest pokemon I could and then be a legend hunter. I'd hunt them down, capture them, and then do absolutely nothing with them except for use them to exert my dominance over other people. I might even take a team of legends to the poke league and just mop the floor with everyone year after year. I'd train my pokemon hard, but not without love or care. And then I'd capture all the humanoid pokemon and open up a restaurant where the female ones are waitresses and just make a ton of money.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I would try to keep a balanced team or whatever pokemon i get, i wont be like looking around for just favourite mons, i would train them hard so that they can beat gym leaders in first try and i would make sure the are happy with me, i would go hard on them only for there good, i wont do anything so that they hate me.

Back