• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I love the hack man! Only one problem. I have an Alakazam around level 38ish and it hasn't learnt anything even though when Kadabra evolves it still learns moves.
Other than that i love the game and i don't want to let my beloved Alakazam go :(

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I found a glitch, you can use thunder fang while asleep...

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
@ iKola
true but i get a glitch where when using it the battle sprite disappears and a yellowish box replaces it in a loop going up preventing me from doing anything so no poliwhirl

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Just wanted to share that Koffing at level 20+ is able to learn Haze naturally but i am unable to select it to keep it in my moveset. Is it a bug of somesort?

Hrm I'd never heard of that glitch, I'll test it out some more! Thanks for that.

true but i get a glitch where when using it the battle sprite disappears and a yellowish box replaces it in a loop going up preventing me from doing anything so no poliwhirl

Hrm, I've not heard of that happening. I'm using my Poliwhirl now and it's 100% fine.

I found a glitch, you can use thunder fang while asleep...

Thanks for mentioning that, I've revamped the fangs, as they had other glitches, I'm not sure if this will still occur with the new move effect.

I love the hack man! Only one problem. I have an Alakazam around level 38ish and it hasn't learnt anything even though when Kadabra evolves it still learns moves.
Other than that i love the game and i don't want to let my beloved Alakazam go

This was actually deliberate. I wanted to make some of the new Glow Stone pokemon more similar to other stone pokemon. Basically they have limited movesets but will still learn a powerful move at a higher level. This is the case with Gengar, Golem, Machamp and a few others. Basically this is to make people think more about when to use their Glow stone.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah thought it might have been, pretty smart so people don't have level 17 Alazkazam's running around destroying everything(Like i thought i would -.-)
Still awesome, it's got it's nice personal touch and it's interesting being a Rocket Grunt. Keep up the work man.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Best hack I've played so far. Try to nerf Granbulls by making a counter to them though. I was able to play through the entire game with its pre-evolution and Granbull with no other pokemon.

Also, Clear Smog leaves the sprite in place for the enemy whenever it dies.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
what do i need to play this hack i downloaded it and looked around on the site but cant find anything

MrDollSteak

Years
Best hack I've played so far. Try to nerf Granbulls by making a counter to them though. I was able to play through the entire game with its pre-evolution and Granbull with no other pokemon.

Also, Clear Smog leaves the sprite in place for the enemy whenever it dies.

Thanks!

Hrm, I think theoretically any pokemon with decent stats could possibly play through the whole game, that's interesting to mention though. Did it manage to survive against all the Machokes and Machamps without problems?

Hrm thanks for telling me about Clear Smog. Some of the new move effects are still slightly buggy.
I've also found that U-turn and Volt Switch will do the same thing if the enemy uses it and kills you.

I'll give them all a better look. So far the ones that work without problems are the stat ones like, Hammer Arm, Close Combat, Coil, etc.

what do i need to play this hack i downloaded it and looked around on the site but cant find anything

The file is a .ips file. Which means you will need to download a program called Lunar IPS or Lips for short. You will also need VisualBoyAdvance which you can download easily. Finally you will need a blank Fire Red rom. I am not allowed to link you a blank Fire Red rom, but I'm sure you'll be able to find one. Then use Lunar IPS to patch the blank fire red rom with the Pokemon Apollo.ips. It should say patch successful. At that poinr just open it up in Visual Boy Advance and you're good to go!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
ok thank you i have been trying the entire day and now i can get it too work thanks for the help

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
Thanks!

Hrm, I think theoretically any pokemon with decent stats could possibly play through the whole game, that's interesting to mention though. Did it manage to survive against all the Machokes and Machamps without problems?

Hrm thanks for telling me about Clear Smog. Some of the new move effects are still slightly buggy.
I've also found that U-turn and Volt Switch will do the same thing if the enemy uses it and kills you.

I'll give them all a better look. So far the ones that work without problems are the stat ones like, Hammer Arm, Close Combat, Coil, etc.

The file is a .ips file. Which means you will need to download a program called Lunar IPS or Lips for short. You will also need VisualBoyAdvance which you can download easily. Finally you will need a blank Fire Red rom. I am not allowed to link you a blank Fire Red rom, but I'm sure you'll be able to find one. Then use Lunar IPS to patch the blank fire red rom with the Pokemon Apollo.ips. It should say patch successful. At that poinr just open it up in Visual Boy Advance and you're good to go!

ok thank you again but i did what you said i had to do but when i start the game i just get a white screen and nothing happens what now?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
@ 11bayerf1

Hi, not trying to rush u or anything but any clue when will it be due on your next patch? Cant wait for it : )

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
A Team Rocket Hack. I would really love to see this finished since other team rocket liked hacks have gone. I know you've told a lot of people you'll finish this hack but actions speak louder than words right? I've seen people really committed to a hack then a few weeks or months later they abandon it. Not saying that you'll do that though. Anyways the graphics of this hack are ok but the grass tiles look to empty. Looking at the screenshots it looks like the grass tile is only 1 color which sucks. You should also re-consider remapping a bit. I know your goal is to just make a Team Rocket Hack but remapping is really something to consider. In the first post I don't see a story so I don't know much about the hack except that you play as a grunt of Team Rocket. Also I tried this game once and I got really annoyed by Ice Fang and Fire Fang cause it seems whenever it hits I get paralyzed or freeze instantly which made me stop playing. Anyways, I'll definitely give this another shot sometime in the future. Good Luck!

MrDollSteak

Years
@ 11bayerf1

Hi, not trying to rush u or anything but any clue when will it be due on your next patch? Cant wait for it : )

No worries! It's just good to see you're still interested it!

Probably in a few weeks. I'm adding quite a lot of content (2 cities) and a lot of optional battles, items etc.

This is just to make grinding more doable and just to give players more options to do stuff.

I would also like to have all the moves done because the new patch will bring most pokemon up to lvl 45-50 which will mean most of them will have all their moves. Meaning that the animations should probably be finished :P

A Team Rocket Hack. I would really love to see this finished since other team rocket liked hacks have gone. I know you've told a lot of people you'll finish this hack but actions speak louder than words right? I've seen people really committed to a hack then a few weeks or months later they abandon it. Not saying that you'll do that though. Anyways the graphics of this hack are ok but the grass tiles look to empty. Looking at the screenshots it looks like the grass tile is only 1 color which sucks. You should also re-consider remapping a bit. I know your goal is to just make a Team Rocket Hack but remapping is really something to consider. In the first post I don't see a story so I don't know much about the hack except that you play as a grunt of Team Rocket. Also I tried this game once and I got really annoyed by Ice Fang and Fire Fang cause it seems whenever it hits I get paralyzed or freeze instantly which made me stop playing. Anyways, I'll definitely give this another shot sometime in the future. Good Luck!

I do definitely plan on finishing it. This is the fourth month into the project and I'm still working on it. So don't worry. The new release will be out soon. Also in the next release the Elemental Fangs will be all fixed so you won't have to worry about that still happening!

Also I'd like to point out that this is the third time you've commented on this thread asking for remapping. I will respond in the same way I've said before. Most of the maps are slightly changed from their appearance in Firered and Leafgreen (Celadon City, Cerulean City, and Mt. Moon are good examples of this) to make them more similar to how they appear in HG/SS. The main reason why the maps are kept the same or similar is that this is still the Kanto region and changing the maps radically would make no sense.

There is a story section on the front page under the spoiler tag 'Storyline'. A very brief thing I can say now though is, think of everything Team Rocket does in Kanto and Johto.

The grass tiles aren't actually featured in any screenshots? If you mean the plain ground, it's actually 2 colours just like in HG/SS.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
hey guys :)

my name is dwsquirtle and I recently started a series on my youtube channel showcasing new and upcoming pokemon hacks. i noticed that there wasn't a video for this particular game so I thought it would be a good idea to make one and expose it to other people as well as hopefully make my audience a little larger. As far as the game goes, I think its a neat concept playing as a villain instead of the hero and should make for a pretty fun time. Id really appreciate it if you guys would check out the video and let me know what you think. ANyways, my youtube account is the same as here, dwsquirtle. I hope you guys check it out, but if not enjoy the hack and cheers to people like bayer for making playing games like these possible.

Love,
~ dwsquirtle

MrDollSteak

Years
hey guys :)

my name is dwsquirtle and I recently started a series on my youtube channel showcasing new and upcoming pokemon hacks. i noticed that there wasn't a video for this particular game so I thought it would be a good idea to make one and expose it to other people as well as hopefully make my audience a little larger. As far as the game goes, I think its a neat concept playing as a villain instead of the hero and should make for a pretty fun time. Id really appreciate it if you guys would check out the video and let me know what you think. ANyways, my youtube account is the same as here, dwsquirtle. I hope you guys check it out, but if not enjoy the hack and cheers to people like bayer for making playing games like these possible.

Love,
~ dwsquirtle

Thanks! That's very nice of you.

I appreciate the extra publicity and will definitely check it out!

Glad you've enjoyed the game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
On VBA go to options > save type > 128 flash K

That should make everything normal.

i have that but it still doesnt work i can run the normal fire red just fine but after i put the apollo in it just wont work anymore

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
hello all :)

I just wanted to remind everyone again to check out my yt video showcasing this hack and also wanted to share my thoughts on the game, as playing through it. I am noticing that the first part in Saffron with the back to back battles with the police is pretty difficult :/ I tried grinding my pokes a little bit, catching more pokes is another option, but question is, is there a lot of grinding in this game. to be honest, I am not a huge fan of that.

~dwsquirtle

MrDollSteak

Years
hello all :)

I just wanted to remind everyone again to check out my yt video showcasing this hack and also wanted to share my thoughts on the game, as playing through it. I am noticing that the first part in Saffron with the back to back battles with the police is pretty difficult :/ I tried grinding my pokes a little bit, catching more pokes is another option, but question is, is there a lot of grinding in this game. to be honest, I am not a huge fan of that.

~dwsquirtle

Well grinding isn't the main focus, but the difficulty of the game is higher than a normal Pokemon game, so you may have to? To be honest as soon as you have one or two Pokemon and complete all the battles with them they should level to the appropriate levels without needing to continuously beat up wild Pokemon. That being said if you want more than say 3 or 4 Pokemon you may have to grind.

i have that but it still doesnt work i can run the normal fire red just fine but after i put the apollo in it just wont work anymore

Hrm, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't really seen that many people unable to play it. Could you just walk me through your patching process? In case there's a mistake somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back