• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Shipping has always been an icky situation when it comes to Pokemon. Disregarding the fact that none will ever happen - I myself am partial to Pokeshipping and Amourshipping. I will also occasionally dabble into Pearlshipping, but I must be in the right mood or I just view Ash and Dawn as bros. Egoshipping also comes and goes in favor from time to time, but much less often than Pearl.

Unless Ash finally experience One sided Love toward a girl who haven't shown any crush toward him.
Kind a like Doreamon Or Yokai watch .
The Hero is always shown as a Loser Or normal boy with bigggggg Heart who has a crush on the cutest girl on the series.
It would actually make thing more interesting considering writer just loves Ash as a Underdog.
Some people might deny the possibility But I saw Ash drool over Giselle So it can happen in New series with new Ash who feel love.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Unless Ash finally experience Love toward a girl who haven't shown any crush toward him.
Kind a like Doreamon Or Yokai watch .
The Hero is always shown a Loser Or normal boy with bigggggg Heart who has a crush on the cutest girl on the series.
It would actually make thing more interesting considering writer just loves Ash as a Underdog.
Some people might deny the possibility But I saw Ash drool over Giselle So it can happen in New series with new Ash who feel love.

I honestly would like to be wrong and see Ash actually have a romantic interest...but I just don't see it happening. Again, I would love to be wrong though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if is it possible for a Girl to appear as Antagonist but slowly take the position of a Heroin ???

I honestly would like to be wrong and see Ash actually have a romantic interest...but I just don't see it happening. Again, I would love to be wrong though.

This Ash fall in love then it will prove he's normal boy who capable of having crush ! That would be much better then he being an innocent Angel dissent from the heaven.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Okay, well I think the amourship is pretty big news for the anime and for its followers. The writers are finally thinking right about what to do with this show. I feel that there is too much evidence and reliable hints to call this just another ship. Anyway I am not a huge fan of the anime, I enjoyed a few of the movies namely Spell Of The Unknown and Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew both of which I find to be superior in Japanese; and watched all of the first season with the exception of a few filler episodes. But I just got sick of the lack of progression and boring, boring, filler. I have watched an episode here and episode there for a long time and had very high hopes for BW before it descended into garbage and am feeling a similar sense of anticipation with XY.

This Ash fall in love then it will prove he's normal boy who capable of having crush ! That would be much better then he being an innocent Angel dissent from the heaven.

Yeah definitely, it isn't an anti kids move because there are TONS of kids shows and movies that have romance in them and are excellent and also there are people of all ages that watch the show and the writers have ignored this for decades. I am glad there finally catching on with Serena and Ash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Pikachu & Buneary
As We know , Buneary has a huge crush on Pikachu ! It probably didn't evolve to maintain her crush on Pikachu.
However , Was it Worth it ?
Because , Pikachu is special Pokemon . He will follow Ash around and never get Oaked.
Therefore , Pikachu should end up with a Pokemon from Ash's Team Or Someone else who will be with Ash forever (Basically Wife).
Therefore , Pearlshipping ether has to be a Canon Or Buneary has to join Ash's Team to be with Pikachu .
Its Sad that Dawn's Buneary will not evolve to Maintain a crush that will never work out .
I have no problem with Pearlshipping.
After all , Dawn is Cute , She can travel with Ash forever & She has a very close chemistry with Ash ! She's by far the Best choice then Misty , May . Iris & Serena.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Pikachu will get oaked at one point if the writers want it to be oaked, and I'm sure even they are starting to get bored of him. And IIRC May's Glaceon also has a crush on Pika.

I do support Pearl, but not because of Dawn's Buneary lol.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The most perfect girl for Ash would be an elegant Lady like Plantina Or Snivy !!!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
What do you think about serena and ash?

Hey guys I was pretty curious to know that what do you think of ash and serena, will they stay together in the coming series? Please let me know what do you think and what do you want, if you ask me I would love to see if she confesses her feelings about ash and ash tells her that he likes her too then it's great. I want this to happen and I think they both will stay together in the coming series because she is the first girl who ash likes and I have noticed that they both like each other but aren't confessing at all. People don't like her that much because she is extra shy and her love is just one sided but it's actu two sided people who give attention to every episode only gets to know that. People says misty is the one who ash likes but ash doesn't likes misty at all more than a travel companion. Is think serena and ash should stay together, forever and then marry each other in the end. Anyway what do you guys think, let me know.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
Ash is such a heartless jerk who hardly cares about anyones feelings because if he did he would not have left Misty Dawn and other girls. I am afraid that he will also leave Serena and just go on and on and on..... to other girls lol.
seriously all he cares about is becoming pokemon master. And every companion that follows him; their dreams feelings ultimately remains unfullfilled. Maybe this time things will go otherwise.

I wonder why pokemon avoids romantic love and refuses to have couples.
Doraemon is also a kids show but the regularly show the love story of Nobita and Shizuka.BTW Nobita is also 10 years old like Ash. so whats there problem is i dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i mean there are a fair few official couples around the anime just not within the main characters because like. if ash starts having a romance then that's a character that will have to be kept for the rest of the series and they do like to have a fresh start now. also ash is not interested in romance in the slightest?
i mean they don't really hesitate to throw in romantic interests. may and drew were clearly not just rivals; there was some romantic indication there. serena is totes crushing on ash- nothing will come of that, but it's there.
i think there are plenty of kids series that do have a focus on romantic plots and subplots and personally im glad that pokémon isnt one of them. more media focusing on great friendships rather than putting romance on a pedestal yes pls

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wanted Ash to have Lucario because he would made a nice pair with Serena's Braixen.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Doraemon is also a kids show but the regularly show the love story of Nobita and Shizuka.BTW Nobita is also 10 years old like Ash. so whats there problem is i dont know.

Because Ash in a pairing as the show is still running makes no sense. Ash and his female companion will never be a couple traveling together.

The only way a pairing would ever happen is when Ash is finally written off or the anime ends. If XY turns out to be Ash's last saga, they will probably just pair him with Serena. If not, then Serena will be forgotten about for the next girls and the cycle will continue.

This is also why Misty's crush was toned down in Johto and pretty much faded away, the writers knew they couldn't have Misty crushing heavily on Ash if the show was going to continue so they dropped it and then wrote her off.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Because Director/Writer needs a Girl that capable of appearing in every series without as being Ash's traveling Companion .
Also , The Girl need to be So Awesome that everybody will accept her as heroin.
So Far ,Only a member of International police might capable of pulling this off . Appearing as a Cool & Calm girl that secretly investigating the Evil Team and allow Ash to help her after he accidentally learn her secret identity.
For example , Ran Mouri from Detective Conan . Pretty much everyone accepted her as Heroin.
However In Ash's case, It has to be someone like Ai Haribara.

Just imagine , Ash secretly helping an female Intentional Police officer while hiding it from his friend just like how Conan & Ai deal with ''Black Organization'' without telling others.

I'm sick of Ash just running into the Bad guy at the right moment & right place .
As if , The Villain just waiting for him to appear.
Team Aqua/Magma ark is the perfect example of this.
For Once , I like Ash actually to investigate the Evil team rather then just coincidentally running into them.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Ash is such a heartless jerk who hardly cares about anyones feelings because if he did he would not have left Misty Dawn and other girls. I am afraid that he will also leave Serena and just go on and on and on..... to other girls lol.
seriously all he cares about is becoming pokemon master. And every companion that follows him; their dreams feelings ultimately remains unfullfilled. Maybe this time things will go otherwise.

Pokemon isn't really about romance. It's a show aimed towards children and is mainly about training and bonding with Pokemon. The female character is there so this show can appeal to girls too.

And I'd like to use this post to say that only Poke, Advance, Pearl, Negai and Amour have a chance imo. (I'd love it if they made 5 different endings.) Nobody in Japan cares about Drew or Kenny anymore, they are secondary characters, they weren't shown in the Da! ending, and in May's case she wouldn't have met Drew if it wasn't for Ash. Contest/Penguin shippers should remember that Ash traveled with May and Dawn, not Drew or Kenny. Ash helped them become the coordinators they are now. Honestly, you can read fanfiction, look up for Contest/PenguinShipping stories, and treat them as if they were canon. The show is written by $$$-dwelling nullities anyway. Poor Ash, he probably deserves all 5 girls, but I doubt any form of shipping will happen in the anime...

Also, what is your opinion on some Poke/Contestshippers' attitude?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
pokeshippers are great. I like pokeshipping so much and I dont care about pokemon infact i never know one pokemon gen 3 4 5 6......
but unfortunately amourshipping is taking over right now. It feels like most of the people just moved on from ash and misty.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
wait so
you haven't actually watched anything past misty's time...?
then how can you talk about her relationship with ash being the best if you don't know how he worked with other girls?
also the reason most have moved on from poké is that misty has literally not been in the show for eight years

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
also the reason most have moved on from poké is that misty has literally not been in the show for eight years

Heh, its actually been 12 years. (Johto ended in 2002 in Japan). Even if you're talking about her cameos her last appearance in AG aired back in 2005, which is 9 years ago.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I mean generally I go by the dub since we're a primarily English-speaking community whose memberbase watch that and which is 2006 for the AG cameo so like... there's a reason I said 8 lol.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Can we really say that most have even moved on, though? Pokéshipping obviously isn't the force it used to be back in the OS days, which is only to be expected given the four series that've come and gone since then, but it still gets a lot of supporters after all this time. I've certainly seen more Pokéshipping fanart around than Advanceshipping or Negaishipping, at the very least.

If anything, I wish people would pay a little more attention to the other Satoshi pairings that don't involve one of the main girls (or Shigeru). They exist too, guys! :p

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Can we really say that most have even moved on, though? Pokéshipping obviously isn't the force it used to be back in the OS days, which is only to be expected given the four series that've come and gone since then, but it still gets a lot of supporters after all this time. I've certainly seen more Pokéshipping fanart around than Advanceshipping or Negaishipping, at the very least.

If anything, I wish people would pay a little more attention to the other Satoshi pairings that don't involve one of the main girls (or Shigeru). They exist too, guys! :p
There are a lot of supporters still, yeah, but from what I see a lot of them are the ones that support Poké because they stopped watching shortly after Johto, or who resent the other girls for "taking Misty's place" and basically just... those who don't watch the show much anymore. From poking around on forums, I notice a lot of people who have switched from Poké to Pearl or just straight up become multishippers. As for the fanart, do you mean you've seen more recent fanart or more accumulated fanart? Cause those are v different statistics.

my Satoshi otps are actually DenSato and SatoShito ehehehe <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back